Frozen Orb - New frost mage spell 71 (or 66) point talent

I have long missed my diablo 2 sorc , frozen orb being the the most impressive spells . Since i knew wow doesn't want to copy that much from diablo (except the talent tree ofc) i never really considered importing spells from diablo 2 (although many spells are in both games) , but with the new boss in VOA i want frozen orb as a frost spell (end talent or whatever).

Is that really so much to ask from blizz ?

It can be useful in PVE , as aoe when mobs aren't that close toghether , and good for pvp as aoe snare . I realy don't care about the damage part , whatever is considered normal .

Re: Frozen Orb - New frost mage spell 71 (or 66) point talent

Are you thinking ahead to the point of the expansion -after- Cata? I'm pretty sure it was already stated by Blizz that the talent trees aren't going to be extended further than they are and instead just remodeled; this also opens up the possibility of getting a 21 point talent at the same time as a 51 point talent.

While a Frozen Orb ability could be nifty for mages, I'm unsure if it would be added 2-3 expansions later when it could be considered rather...meh at the time.
    Eshraem / Tiraka / Iaqalis / Izare / Sinzhetu / Daezek / Asri / Zelven / Tseta / Kisei / Rheasil

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    But hey, i'll let you spank the monkey whilst imagining rapists being boned by Bubba the anal destroyer - veteran of the poppers conflict.

You know, while I don't care about frozen orb, it just struck me - wow could've used some non-targeted projectile spells. Like blowing thing up 20 yards in front of you. Noone there? Too bad. Or launching said frozen orb 40 yards in front of you. Everyone steped away from it's course? That's sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelven
    Are you thinking ahead to the point of the expansion -after- Cata? I'm pretty sure it was already stated by Blizz that the talent trees aren't going to be extended further than they are and instead just remodeled; this also opens up the possibility of getting a 21 point talent at the same time as a 51 point talent.

Didn't read that many news , but if there will be no additional talents , make it learn-able at lvl 85 (as mirror image was at 80) and please don't say only frost would benefit , because not all trees benefited from frostfire.

Indeed the talent trees will not be extended further in the numbers perhaps, but with the trimming out of some mandatory talents, such as those with simply give an increased crit chance or similar being merged into the mastery then there could be room in each tier of the tree for some flexibility, while still needing the numbers in the tree to get the higher level talents, we could hopefully see enough choice that we do not get a definate cookie-cutter spec.
    We already have a Frozen Orb drop, and now an ability used by Toravon so while it may be an interesting idea, at the very least a name change would be in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

While there will be no more depth in the talent tree than 51 points, this does not mean we will not get new abilities as we level from 80 to 85.

After all, such things as ice lance, mirror image and frostfire bolt are not talents, but level-based abilities.

Each expansion so far has had 2-3 for each class, and afaik there have not been any word about this changing (which it might anyhow obviously).

Deleted

wow could've used some non-targeted projectile spells.

typhoon
    cone of cold
    dragons breath
    shadowflame

fair enough, 3 of those aint a big range but its there

id like to see spells like Bone Spear from D2 aswell thoufh

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxii

typhoon
    cone of cold
    dragons breath
    shadowflame

Thing is, all of those are targeted, in a sense. They range from 5-20 yards ahead of you, but they hit at once. I think the OP is more thinking about something that you send off towards a direction that blows up five seconds later or whatever.

typhoon
    cone of cold
    dragons breath
    shadowflame

You forgot Shockwave!!

typhoon
    cone of cold
    dragons breath
    shadowflame

think Nevermore from dota/Soulstealer from HoN.

Frost mages asking for another pvp snare? lawl[quote=deemoneyes
    It can be useful in PVE , as aoe when mobs aren't that close toghether , and good for pvp as aoe snare .
    [/quote]

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    think Nevermore from dota/Soulstealer from HoN.
    Yes, WTB demon hand in WoW <3

That might actually put some more skill in PvP :P

Flame Wall please.

a frozen orb shooting frostbites around it - awesome, gif plx.

ps. there was some blue post around that they will be adding 5 additional points and more talents, not only modeling the old ones

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05
    ps. there was some blue post around that they will be adding 5 additional points and more talents, not only modeling the old ones
    They are changing up the trees a lot. I don't know if that means they'll be changing the spell talents significantly in terms of how they work, though it does mean a lot of existing talents will probably be gone.

The post in question said we'd have five more points and they're revamping the trees. They've been very clear from Blizzconn onward that they will not be adding any additional tiers this expac. Sad, but true. And you cannot fault them- they've communicated that fact very well from the onset.
    That's just between you, me, and my pal Captain Winky.

Quote Originally Posted by Reveil
    You know, while I don't care about frozen orb, it just struck me - wow could've used some non-targeted projectile spells. Like blowing thing up 20 yards in front of you. Noone there? Too bad. Or launching said frozen orb 40 yards in front of you. Everyone steped away from it's course? That's sad.
    so you basically want flamestrike but for it to be instant cast and take time to land?

Quote Originally Posted by Formless Voice
    so you basically want flamestrike but for it to be instant cast and take time to land?
    If it will be non-targetable and fire 30 yards in front of my face - then yes, it's the thing.