Thread: Arms Vs ICC

Arms Vs ICC

Sorry to post yet another arms whinning question, but not being a hardcore raider, I'm limited to 10 man raids unless I get lucky with a pug in 25 man. Its at this point I get worried I'm not cutting it in the raid as Fury warriors with lower grade gear can almost keep up with me through the trash and only fall of a little in the boss fights and I get creamed by same lvl fury.

I have researched the rotations, and have a good idea that although I may not be perfect here, I am competent and after trying to understand the armor pen debate I think I have a good gear set up (Hit & exp capped, arm pen soft capped and 35% crit), but got to the stage where I am now lost what to do to raise myself to the next level- I am grinding for the frost emblems to get the chest piece and have the mats (almost) for the ICC BS legs, just need to find the BS.

Armory link is: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...cn=Nienn%C3%A1

Any help/ guidance appreciated (excpet "switch to fury").

Re: Arms Vs ICC

the t10 gloves are what you should have wasted badges on instead of the arp ones, it would save you from having almost the same gloves but with hit sockets(as for shooting for the t10 4p boni you want helm chest shoulders and gloves since expt isnt to much of a prio in arms gearing at high lvl's)
    i would also suggest losing all those crit gems, they dont do much for you
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

The only thing I can really say is lose the crit gems, they arent good for anyone. Replace em with bolds.

Thanks, the gloves were supposed to give higher dps than the other badge gloves according to the calculators and its unlikely I'll be able to get all 4 tier pieces for quite some time, so the bonuses weren't taken into account. As for the gems, a lot of talk from forums suggests arms getting 35% crit, so thought would try it, but can switch them to strength if its deemed more useful?

it doesnt say to gem for crit to hit the 35% mark, if you're using calculators they wouldn't have said to use crit gems
    getting those gloves and not the t10 ones only sets you back more from getting your t10 bonus' does it not?
    if you're also buying saronites with your EoF's then i guess theres nothing i can do to help you further
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Deleted

• Change spec, just Take a closer look at the Sticky post on the top.
    • Glyph of Rending is a must-have.
    • Drop this overpower glyph, you don't need it if you are attacking from behind.
    • Drop those Crit and ArP gems, you are above the ArP Softcap. Reaching more than 100% with that trinket proccing looks like a waste of stats.

Nah, not wastin frost on saronite, buying them with cash. Dnt have enough frost emblems as it is, so wont waste them. Will change the glyphs, thanks and will definetly lose the crit gems.

Thank you all.

Biggest thing i can see is getting yourself some hit gear so you can get rid of all those hit gems..then work towards being able to hardcap ARP at 1400. I only have 2 pieces of tier and i'm using some ToC gear still, and there is no reason you can't find a balance to get things right. Softcap is fine too but NES has a shitty uptime, and i'm not the only one to say it. I know hitting the Hit Cap is important but i shudder when i see so many Hit gems in gear. I'm actually over hit by 1% atm but waiting on a new neck to fix that atm.
    Steaküms 85 Warrior
    Éxpletive 85 Hunter
    Totums 85 Shaman
    Wholemilk 85 Paladin

"Our character is what we do when we think no one is looking"

My dps a lot of the time in many group setups in 10's is higher as arms...especially if there's already a feral druid. The only way my dps as fury can keep up with my dps as arms in 10s is if I have WF.
    When you shoop da whoop, you feel powerful and don't want to lose it, and then a guy in plate armor comes and turns your woop against the shoop, hence, making you got laz0red.

Guild No Quarter - www.nqguild.org

Get another point of trauma, at least. With your fairly high crit this will probably be your biggest instant dps increase. In a raid you can lose 2nd wind cause it's really useless and put that other extra point into imp slam.

Quote Originally Posted by Battousai
    My dps a lot of the time in many group setups in 10's is higher as arms...especially if there's already a feral druid. The only way my dps as fury can keep up with my dps as arms in 10s is if I have WF.
    How does a feral druid help your Arms DPS? Don't you take Trauma? (Honest question, I'm out of touch with warrior DPS atm)
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

Quote Originally Posted by Ultralisk
    How does a feral druid help your Arms DPS? Don't you take Trauma? (Honest question, I'm out of touch with warrior DPS atm)
    5% crit won't increase his dps?

PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

Quote Originally Posted by smartAXE
    5% crit won't increase his dps?
    Doh, brain fail. Of course it will. That's what I get for being a mage for the last month. *sigh*
    Ultralisk-Nagrand / Táne-Nagrand / Wuggles-Nagrand / Koras-Thaurrisan / Dieselsun-Thaurissan / Bezoar-Thaurissan

im not that pro but why not just get the triumph trinket w hit ?
    very easy and get rid of all those +hit gems, maybe upgrad ur rings eventhough the higher ring doesnt have Arp..

• (1) Never Gem +20 Hit
      (2) Never Gem +20 Critical Strike
      (3) Utilize +10 Str, +10 Hit Rating gems to boost your hit rating while achieving set bonuses, instead of +20 hit and +20 str and not getting set bonuses.
      (4) You're a Space Goat. 238 - 1% hit = like 213 (ish).

The trinket with hit is terrible. You always gear around your Weapon first, trinkets second.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    Send that bitch a smiley face...Bitches loooove smilie faces.