Page 1 of 67
... LastLast

Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours
    A few hours ago, all the players involved in the Lich King 25 world first kill of Ensidia had their account suspended for 72 hours, Gamemasters also removed the achievements and loot acquired during yesterday's raid.

Date of Violation: 03/02/2010
    Type of violation: Exploitation – Abuse of in-game mechanics or glitches with intent to exploit or cheat in World of Warcraft.
    Details: Use of Saronite Bombs to bypass The Lich King fight mechanics Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, all items and achievements gained removed

This isn't my place to discuss whether the ban is rightful or not, however Ensidia was nice enough to provide me with more information.

First, it seems that the bug was caused by a single rogue (always blame it on the rogues!) who used Saronite Bombs throughout the fight. Apparently the siege damage caused by the bombs bugged the encounter's mechanics and respawned the platform destroyed by the Lich King during the encounter.

It results in the fight being fairly easier because you end up with more room to move and more importantly, you do not have to care about Valkyrs taking away your raid members anymore. (They will just land on the rebuilt platform when they fall down)

The problem with the Saronite Bombs is simple, a lot of rogues have been using them for the past months (and it's been documented on ElitistJerks for quite some time now) and a lot of high-end rogues who like to maximize their DPS just consider it part of their normal DPS rotation.

Below are the WoL reports for all the boss fights in yesterday's raid.

Blood Princes

Lanathel

Deathwhisper

Festergut

Marrowgar

Putricide

Rotface

Saurfang

Sindragosa

Valithria

Lich King
    (Naihiko)

These logs clearly show that Naihiko uses Saronite Bombs all the time, and we're talking about a raid who never saw the Lich King and couldn't really know that it would bug the encounter. Additionally, I took the time to screenshot Naihiko's damage report during his last 5 raids. (I realize that two raids are in the same week, this is only because he used his alt Naihika)

Jan. 14

Jan 20.

Jan 24.

Jan 27.

Feb 3.

Of course, all these screenshots are based on text logs and I do realize that they can be modified easily (but it does look like a lot of work to include so many entries). The only "wrong" thing Ensidia did is to keep going and kill the boss with the bug because they had no way to identify the source of the problem. Even going through raw combat logs wouldn't help because it looks like they only show Saronite Bomb damaging NPCs.

I also want to make it clear that I'm not trying to defend or attack anyone here, I just thought it could be a good thing to bring some more information to the discussion. Hopefully, it will start a more interesting and mature discussion about the issue, you totally have the right to think that Ensidia should be banned, just don't be aggressive about it in comments. (or in my mail)

This is only what Ensidia gave me; I can't prove this is the complete information, nor this hasn't been tempered. And knowing Blizzard, they won't disclose any more information they may have on their side. So I can only relate Ensidia's side of the story.

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Always #1 in my heart :-\

A 3-day ban seems a bit harsh for an unknown bug they discovered by accident (at least, that's what they're claiming)...

I'll bite.

Why was the rogue planting saronite bombs at the edge of the platform, where he could be instantly killed by any valkyr, and where the Lich King and the adds are never tanked? What was the rogue DPSing? Does Ensidia tank the Lich King and the adds at the edge of the platform, where any raid member can be carried away and instantly killed?

Waiting for an answer.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by RRamco
    A 3-day ban seems a bit harsh for an unknown bug they discovered by accident (at least, that's what they're claiming)...
    i totally agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by RRamco
    idd. should just removed achievement+loot and reseted lich king.. so they can give it a normal go

LOL?

I love the mail from the inbred at the end. ;D
    You cannot do that while stunned.
    You die.
    You are dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Marrowgar
    They had FOUR attempts to discover this bug, and they still went on with it and beat the encounter.

Well deserved ban.
    The log shows that every saronite bomb casted hit a monster, I have the 150mb original log on my hard drive and went through it.

Banned for raiding.

Well they'll still get world first heroic 25 man.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=17615362642&sid=1&pageNo=1

10+ Year Old Account

That email made me lol.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    I'll bite.

Why was the rogue planting saronite bombs at the edge of the platform, where he could be instantly killed by any valkyr, and where the Lich King and the adds are never tanked? What was the rogue DPSing? Does Ensidia tank the Lich King and the adds at the edge of the platform, where any raid member can be carried away and instantly killed?

Waiting for an answer.
    Because you have to go away from the middle of the room to kill adds. You stand on the parts of the platform that get destroyed fighting adds for a lot of time.

Ban was completely unwarranted IMO.

I just saw this ban on wow.com, I must say I am quite surprised blizzard got enough balls to do this to Ensidia!

I'm real happy. Even if this doesn't affect me directly, I must say I am quite satisfied with what blizzard has done.
    (Avatar was too big, sorry!)

I think they can live with 3 days without WoW =P

Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    The log shows that every saronite bomb casted hit a monster, I have the 150mb original log on my hard drive and went through it.
    That proves they tanked Lich King and the adds at the edge of the platform because they knew that the saronite bombs would cause the outer platform to respawn, making the valkyrs a non-threat. This made it easier for them to deal with Defile, as half of the Defile would end up spawning off of the edge of the platform.

Tens of guilds on 25-man, including mine, have been using saronite bombs everywhere on the platform--except for the edge, because we don't want to be instantly killed by valkyrs. The saronite bombs only renew the missing platforms if you drop them on the missing platforms.

seems blizzard rly wants a US 1st for a change...

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Marrowgar
    They had FOUR attempts to discover this bug, and they still went on with it and beat the encounter.

Well deserved ban.
    Please are you serious? Four attempts, just four attempts.

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by roguewan
    Well they'll still get world first heroic 25 man.
    After they lose a whole week of hard modes I will be surprised.

Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft