Page 11 of 67 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
21
61
... LastLast
  1. #201

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    This was said earlier and i agree, you know that it was fraps by at least one person, and ensidia does have a history with "exploits",while it may not remove their ban, if they want to clear the name and show that they didnt know release the video. Blood Legion already released it so its no secret how the fight goes/ends.

  2. #202
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by SirRavin
    Members are now admitting they knew they were exploiting.

    Later on someone said that we didn't need to kill Valkyrs when the floor was here (that's one Valkyr of the course of multiple attempts that we failed to kill, and there's 3 of them each of the many waves we got). The idea at this point was pretty much that if this bug happened again then we could just leave the valkyrs and DPS on boss which made the encounter even more boring (add killing encounter for you) and in the end made P3 feel lighter on our empty stomachs. I think I heard someone saying at some point that the bug actually happened if we successfully cleared in a fast enough time frame the first wave of Valkyrs. Which proved wrong later on and on the actual kill.

    http://www.ensidia.com/Ekyu/blog/4079/

    Sorry, but you now openly admitted you knew you were exploiting.

    GG
    So it's starting to come out. Thanks for that.

    They knew it was a bug/exploit, and they continued to do it.

    Remember what they said about Exodus? "We'd never kill an encounter like that"

    There's the thing I have a problem with. Sorry.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  3. #203

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    I've heard GM's were watching the fight - why didnt they step in and warn them, or even stop the fight if this is the case?

    Resetting the boss and giving them a warning would have been more acceptable after the hotfix of saronite bombs as well. A ban, wiping achievements/loot etc and leaving the boss dead is a shitty thing to do.

  4. #204

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Untill they release the vid, their guilty.
    You can toss logs, parses and what not at the subject but untill we see the fight that took place and the rogue(s) not using the things to gain an advantage we will never know what exactly took place.

    Personally i highly doubt they did exploit it, since they knew they where being watched (As they always are on brandnew content) so any exploit that they may know would be picked up instantly by the gm('s) watching them fight.
    Why take such a risk on a normal mode world first that no-one will care about once hardmodes are unlocked?
    Risk-reward factor kinda goes against the exploit theory.

    But still, untill we see a killvid, we'll never know for sure.
    And the longer it takes to release one, the bigger this possibly false exploit story will get.
    Unless they have their reasons for not releasing one ofc..

  5. #205

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    We can ALL be reasonably sure that Blizzard spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours on the Lich King encounter and others in ICC. Bugs happen, the majority of them get fixed in the ptr and we are mostly happy raiders on live. But some things need to be said:

    1. Blizzard's job is to design encounters, fix the bugs and ensure a playable environment.
    2. The VAST majority of guilds work within the design encounter boundary, avoid bugs and keep from getting banned.
    3. A SMALL minority of guilds/players look for every possible exploit to use to gimmick any aspect of this game.

    Ensidia falls into this category. All it takes is a look at their history.

    C'thun:

    Getting sucked into the stomach on phase 2 applied a stacking poison debuff that increased your damage taken. While down in the stomach, you had to dps tentacles to weaken him, but due to the stacking debuff you couldn't stay for long. At the time, WoW players/boss were coded in such a manner that only a limited number of buffs/debuffs could be active at any one time. Ensidia chose to 'push off' the stacking debuff by chain summoning oozelings, thereby allowing their raid members to remain inside the stomach for as long as they wanted, trivializing the fight.

    Lady Vash:

    Nothing needs to be said other than this: Dealing 1 damage to an obviously bugged mob to kill it and laughing all the way to Mount Hyjal and Black Temple was OBVIOUSLY an exploit. They should have soft reset the instance, but chose not too. That requires a deliberate act, not a spur of the moment 'how did this happen lets keep going on'.

    Twin Ereder:

    It is simply DUMB to think that Blizzard would even CONSIDER testing this encounter while on top of a lamp to see if that would exploit the encounter. Again this takes a direct and deliberate act on the part of Ensidias raid members.

    Hodir:

    Blizzard obviously didn't intend on you using the 'flower power' buff to beat the encounter, and obviously did not bother to see if this buff could be taken from Freyas conservatory to Hodirs room. Again, a deliberate and direct action on Ensidias part.

    Anub:

    Lets stun a boss! Obviously an intended mechanic!

    Arthas:

    During p3, the Valkyr come in and pick up a random player, carrying them to the edge and dropping them off. As such, you have to remain somewhat close to the center of the room to avoid being instantly carried off. Bombs are used when out of range of the dps target for the most part. You would under no conceivable circumstance toss a bomb at a no longer existing platform - especially when the player is already dead. On top of this, tons of raid members power leveled engineering, obviously a deliberate choice on their part. On top of this, almost no damage was done to the Valkyrs in their kill parse. It would take a fool to believe that they are innocent.

  6. #206
    Field Marshal
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Croatia
    Posts
    70

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by edgeofthecosmos
    Justice was served imo, countless times we have seen guilds being banned while Ensidia got away with it, its like watching a snitch being snitched out, priceless. But I do think a 3 day ban is harsh, however reading their responses kind of makes me think they really deserved that too, over inflated ego, etc.
    QFT
    Live together, die alone.

  7. #207

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    No bias.

    However due to the fact that they are unwilling to release a video and release in-depth combat logs, they're open to as much scrutiny as people can throw at them. If they want their name cleared, why not release some information, combat logs, a video, ANYTHING, about it? Are they afraid?

    I felt the same way during Exodus. They were caught red-handed, and whoever posted their news story had a complete meltdown, just like what happened with Muqq. They're both idiots.

    I don't follow anyone with blind faith. Ensidia's history is too shady to follow them without at least acknowledging that there might be a significant problem here. Given the fact that no guild has downed LK since Ensidia's encounter last night, shows something. The fight was much easier with the bomb mechanic than they're letting on.

    And please, the gap between Ensidia and the others isn't large enough that they're just "that good." That's blind following.
    First of all, regardless of what you say there is bias, whether it be minimal or not there is always bias and there's no getting around that. It's just human nature, and to deny that there is any bias is all only shows a lack of knowledge on that matter.

    Again though, the primary issue at hand is people assuming they know what's going on when we don't have enough information to justify any real assumptions that anyone has made. You can argue they haven't released a video, however how do we know they even recorded one? Considering I've seen statements of them not caring about normal mode videos and only planning to release hard mode ones that wouldn't surprise me. Again I'm not saying they didn't record it, but simply assuming they're hiding the information by not releasing a video right now is just that, an assumption without any real logic to it. You could also generally assume that they could be rendering the video still, as it does take time to do and is why most kill videos are released the following day and not immediately after the kill.

    Lastly, the blind faith on Ensidia being so good and the only guild to have completed the encounter is also somewhat ridiculous considering the fact that the majority of guilds are still preparing for the encounter itself and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that they get it down this week as to have hard modes open to them next week. Just because no one else has downed it yet doesn't mean these guilds have even attempted it on their main characters in 25 man.

    So again, another assumption that doesn't prove or disprove anything, it's merely your opinion so stop trying to piece it together with your own logic, which regadless of what you say will have some bias to it, and trying to write it up as knowledge and fact when it's purely speculation.

  8. #208
    Blademaster
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    chicago
    Posts
    38

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    wow, i didnt think blizzard could pull such a big dick move, provded me wrong tho. Wonder if theres an achievement for that. But yeah, how is it Ensidia's fault that blizzard neglected to do THOROUGH testing.

    Still the first 25 man kill imho.

  9. #209

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by PvE_Mage
    Blizzard doesn't test their stuff, then this happens.

    FU Blizzard; how about you lay off your testers and hire new ones
    What about making Ensidia their testteam? They seem to find alot of bugs....

  10. #210

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    The screenshots of WoL clearly show on average 5 saronite bombs, sometimes as few as 2, being used on every encounter UNTIL a staggering 17 on the lich king fight.
    Thus I have a hard time believing they had no idea what was going on.

  11. #211

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    So it's starting to come out. Thanks for that.

    They knew it was a bug/exploit, and they continued to do it.

    Remember what they said about Exodus? "We'd never kill an encounter like that"

    There's the thing I have a problem with. Sorry.
    Exactly.

  12. #212

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Unedited fraps, where is it Ensida? Having a nice post on MMO champ doesn't mean shit. Post the movie.

  13. #213
    I am Murloc! Thallidomaniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    5,567

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    So there is a God indeed. Hallelujah! Praise the Lord!

    Okay, I was kidding about that, but I'm surprised they didn't get a Perma ban for this AND the other shit they pulled before. I mean, if Overrated could get Permanent Bans for cheating, then so did Ensidia deserve such with their shoddy history of cheap tricks.

    And in before LOL OVERRATED HACKED NUB, but I would think the amount of times Ensidia cheated would mean a Perma Ban would be just punishment, instead of this wimpy 3 day suspension.

    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

  14. #214

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Exploit or not, still first 25 normal kill no matter how you put it. If I were Ensidia I'd be rofling right now and spending my 3 day ban taking pictures of my ass and sending it to the negative posters on the first post of their kill.

  15. #215

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Kaneiac
    So it's starting to come out. Thanks for that.

    They knew it was a bug/exploit, and they continued to do it.

    Remember what they said about Exodus? "We'd never kill an encounter like that"

    There's the thing I have a problem with. Sorry.

  16. #216

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Im just loving the fact they admitted to knowing they were glitching the edges and when that happened, leave the valkyries alone.


    Looking at what other posts said "This happened on every attempt." Meaning every attempt they know from trail and error that they didn't need to DPS the valkyries.


    GG.

    :O

  17. #217

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by adikos
    wow, i didnt think blizzard could pull such a big dick move, provded me wrong tho. Wonder if theres an achievement for that. But yeah, how is it Ensidia's fault that blizzard neglected to do THOROUGH testing.

    Still the first 25 man kill imho.
    Because they intentionally exploited it? How was it Exodus' fault that blizzard fubar'd the Yogg+0 encounter? Drrrrrr...

  18. #218
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,331

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by sicness
    First of all, regardless of what you say there is bias, whether it be minimal or not there is always bias and there's no getting around that. It's just human nature, and to deny that there is any bias is all only shows a lack of knowledge on that matter.

    Again though, the primary issue at hand is people assuming they know what's going on when we don't have enough information to justify any real assumptions that anyone has made. You can argue they haven't released a video, however how do we know they even recorded one? Considering I've seen statements of them not caring about normal mode videos and only planning to release hard mode ones that wouldn't surprise me. Again I'm not saying they didn't record it, but simply assuming they're hiding the information by not releasing a video right now is just that, an assumption without any real logic to it. You could also generally assume that they could be rendering the video still, as it does take time to do and is why most kill videos are released the following day and not immediately after the kill.

    Lastly, the blind faith on Ensidia being so good and the only guild to have completed the encounter is also somewhat ridiculous considering the fact that the majority of guilds are still preparing for the encounter itself and are taking the necessary steps to ensure that they get it down this week as to have hard modes open to them next week. Just because no one else has downed it yet doesn't mean these guilds have even attempted it on their main characters in 25 man.

    So again, another assumption that doesn't prove or disprove anything, it's merely your opinion so stop trying to piece it together with your own logic, which regadless of what you say will have some bias to it, and trying to write it up as knowledge and fact when it's purely speculation.
    What about a log, then? They already revealed that they have WoL files and in-depth data files, but the only one we know of MYSTERIOUSLY has 7 and some change minutes cut out of it. What was during those minutes? Val'kyr.

    There's been several raid leaders who have discussed what happens when the platform is removed, and there's a new Ensidia blog post saying that they were AWARE of what happened when the platform re-appeared. But they continued to do it without even a second thought.

    I do agree with bias. It's impossible to have a neutral standpoint, but I really enjoy Ensidia and what they've done to game progression. They have solid players. It's why it sucks so much to see them do this type of shit.

    There's what, like, 50 guilds or something that are 11/12 ICC 25 now? Correct me if I'm wrong, but if at least one of those guilds haven't had SERIOUS progression, then something is up. I find that hard to believe.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  19. #219
    Epic! Punks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Coeur D'alene
    Posts
    1,644

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Whatever is whatever.


    Just please take down this post than Boub.

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/news-2/l...ll-by-ensidia/

    lol at

    Warning - while you were typing 18 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.
    Why does Ghostcrawler hate paladins?
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    A ret paladin killed his parents.

  20. #220
    Cerabret100
    Guest

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    As far as i'm concerned this is what's happening: Blizzard has reason to believe they knowingly exploited, so they did the ban as a precaution, so no one could accuse them of favoritism by not doing anything.

    Over the next 72 hours, if no conclusive evidence points out obvious exploitation, the ban will end, and life will move on, maybe even an apology from blizzard, but in the end, this is all someone just doing their job as their superior has instructed them, you can't blame them for being cautious.

    If there is proof of knowingly and willfully exploiting, then by all means increase the punishment, or make it clear this won't be tolerated again.

    However, i have to point out, that Ensidia claiming world first when a bug obviously occured was EXTREAMLY stupid. The smart thing to do would have been to contact blizzard about it and stay quiet. would they have lost the world first? probably, but to risk such accusation and punishment over NORMAL 25 man wasn't the smoothest move on their part.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •