Page 3 of 67 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
53
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Bloodsail Admiral phyrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    In ur cupboardz steelin ur cookies
    Posts
    1,248

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    That proves they tanked Lich King and the adds at the edge of the platform because they knew that the saronite bombs would cause the outer platform to respawn, making the valkyrs a non-threat. This made it easier for them to deal with Defile, as half of the Defile would end up spawning off of the edge of the platform.

    Tens of guilds on 25-man, including mine, have been using saronite bombs everywhere on the platform--except for the edge, because we don't want to be instantly killed by valkyrs. The saronite bombs only renew the missing platforms if you drop them on the missing platforms.
    Fact of the matter is, you don't know exactly what happened, because you weren't there, yet you've already condemned them.
    Bashing Ensidia is popular these days anyway.

    Till I see some absolute proof that they INTENDED to use the bug to make the encounter easier for them I'm going to go ahead and believe Ensidia.

    People who have already condemned Ensidia will always find things that point to guilt, just as people who believe in their innocense will always find things that point to innocense.

    I for one, believe in 'Innocent till proven guilty'

    (Oh, and for people that keep referring to the alledged previous cheats and exploits, get over it. Most of those have been proven false, or have no evidence what so ever to back up the claims.)

  2. #42

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    If you don't want to seem biased (and make no mistake, it seems you are biased), you may want to edit your piece to include Blizzard's point of view.

    Once the platform was seen to respawn... did they open a trouble ticket? It should have been clear that wasn't supposed to happen, even if they didn't know why it was happening.

    But in any case, the fight was not won legitimately, and it wasn't a creative use of game mechanics, it was a bug. No awards should exist under these conditions. And no world firsts should be acknowledged.


  3. #43

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Bergg
    That proves they tanked Lich King and the adds at the edge of the platform because they knew that the saronite bombs would cause the outer platform to respawn, making the valkyrs a non-threat. This made it easier for them to deal with Defile, as half of the Defile would end up spawning off of the edge of the platform.

    Tens of guilds on 25-man, including mine, have been using saronite bombs everywhere on the platform--except for the edge, because we don't want to be instantly killed by valkyrs. The saronite bombs only renew the missing platforms if you drop them on the missing platforms.
    I'm a bit confused. Haven't done the fight yet but I saw the BL video.

    What happens if defile spawns in the middle? Surely that must mean moving arthas and the raid to one of the sides? (gasp).

  4. #44

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. In case you missed it, I play in Ensidia. I got banned as well. I know what I'm talking about and I know the fight. You stand on the parts of the platform that get destroyed while fighting adds that spawn, called Enraged Spirit or something like that.
    ^My favorite feral : )
    (Still my hero for getting banned off EJ forums for being right)

  5. #45

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    will they still be able to go back in this week and attempt the lich king without the bug?

  6. #46
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,347

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    My problem is their "high and mighty" card.

    I remember during the Yogg+0 exploit with Exodus.

    One of them said something along the lines of "We would never kill a boss like that", referring to, of course, the knowledge that a fight was bugged or not working correctly AND GAVE THEM AN ADVANTAGE.

    What did they do here? They went ahead and killed the boss, even though they knew it was giving them an advantage.

    They're good players, I'll say it again and again, but Jesus, they have awful attitudes.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  7. #47

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Let's see the video, Ensidia.

    It really is that simple. If this is simply a case of Blizzard playing it safe while they investigate, there should be nothing incriminating in the video you undoubtedly recorded of the encounter. So, let's see it.

    I'm willing to give Ensidia the benefit of the doubt here. In the past, Blizzard has in fact banned first and asked questions later, as they did to everyone online in the guild of the individual one-shotting Ulduar bosses with Martin Fury. And yet, I find it a little suspicious when it's become so commonplace for these guilds to publish videos of their successful attempts, that there's nothing of their successful attempt with the last boss of the expansion.

  8. #48

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours
    A few hours ago, all the players involved in the Lich King 25 world first kill of Ensidia had their account suspended for 72 hours, Gamemasters also removed the achievements and loot acquired during yesterday's raid.

    Date of Violation: 03/02/2010
    Type of violation: Exploitation – Abuse of in-game mechanics or glitches with intent to exploit or cheat in World of Warcraft.
    Details: Use of Saronite Bombs to bypass The Lich King fight mechanics Consequences for Account: Account suspended for 72 hours, all items and achievements gained removed

    This isn't my place to discuss whether the ban is rightful or not, however Ensidia was nice enough to provide me with more information.

    First, it seems that the bug was caused by a single rogue (always blame it on the rogues!) who used Saronite Bombs throughout the fight. Apparently the siege damage caused by the bombs bugged the encounter's mechanics and respawned the platform destroyed by the Lich King during the encounter.

    It results in the fight being fairly easier because you end up with more room to move and more importantly, you do not have to care about Valkyrs taking away your raid members anymore. (They will just land on the rebuilt platform when they fall down)

    The problem with the Saronite Bombs is simple, a lot of rogues have been using them for the past months (and it's been documented on ElitistJerks for quite some time now) and a lot of high-end rogues who like to maximize their DPS just consider it part of their normal DPS rotation.

    Below are the WoL reports for all the boss fights in yesterday's raid.


    Blood Princes

    Lanathel

    Deathwhisper

    Festergut

    Marrowgar

    Putricide

    Rotface

    Saurfang

    Sindragosa

    Valithria

    These logs clearly show that Naihiko uses Saronite Bombs all the time, and we're talking about a raid who never saw the Lich King and couldn't really know that it would bug the encounter. Additionally, I took the time to screenshot Naihiko's damage report during his last 5 raids. (I realize that two raids are in the same week, this is only because he used his alt Naihika)


    Jan. 14

    Jan 20.

    Jan 24.

    Jan 27.

    Feb 3.

    Of course, all these screenshots are based on text logs and I do realize that they can be modified easily (but it does look like a lot of work to include so many entries). The only "wrong" thing Ensidia did is to keep going and kill the boss with the bug because they had no way to identify the source of the problem. Even going through raw combat logs wouldn't help because it looks like they only show Saronite Bomb damaging NPCs.

    I also want to make it clear that I'm not trying to defend or attack anyone here, I just thought it could be a good thing to bring some more information to the discussion. Hopefully, it will start a more interesting and mature discussion about the issue, you totally have the right to think that Ensidia should be banned, just don't be aggressive about it in comments. (or in my mail)
    Could you please ask Ensidia release a video to show how their rouges worked with bombs during the fight? Like the Exodus and Paragon had shown.

    One video can tell much more than these 5000 words you put here.


  9. #49

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Ensidia can afford this, its not like Uprising or some other guild will be a threat to them on achieving most FTK's at hardmodes.

    There is skill and there is SKILL. Even if this turn out to be 100% premeditated abuse (which would be lame!) Ensidia will have no problem at all showing they are the #1 guild overall
    Quote Originally Posted by TooMuch View Post
    Like said before, I am in Boston this week and if you are the big man you claim to be, come visit me. I'll PM you the hotel and room number. Let's see if you are such a hero in real life too, like you claim to be.

  10. #50

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    HAH serves them right

  11. #51

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. In case you missed it, I play in Ensidia. I got banned as well. I know what I'm talking about and I know the fight. You stand on the parts of the platform that get destroyed while fighting adds that spawn, called Enraged Spirit or something like that.
    All you have to do is post the fraps of you killing the Val'kyrs and this goes away.
    Gear Score is the Jonas Brothers of World of Warcraft

  12. #52

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    The Ban is complete and utter B.S. on Blizzard's part. They discovered a bug in the game and they get punished for it? Loot and achievement should be removed, but the ban is completely unnecessary.

  13. #53
    The Patient
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    the Netherlands
    Posts
    245

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Can i get the mailadress of that guy in the last picture? would be fun to explain how how it is that ensidia still got world first kill, since US gets the patch earlier then EU.. so do some calculating.. tada.. world firstkill...

    back on topic: blabla flame spam etc, k go ahead trolls.
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBlade
    Every new dps trinket in the game should be itemised exactly and perfectly for you and also be an upgrade over your current trinkets.
    If this doesn't happen, the game is broken beyond horrific terrible belief and is not worth playing.
    http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...scale/nysalia/
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/225579/

  14. #54

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    You sir, have no clue what you are talking about. In case you missed it, I play in Ensidia. I got banned as well. I know what I'm talking about and I know the fight. You stand on the parts of the platform that get destroyed while fighting adds that spawn, called Enraged Spirit or something like that.
    Oh, wow, really? Ensidia is allowed to post on public forums now? That's speaks.. miles.

    They're called Raging Spirits, by the way. Apparently you don't know what you're talking about--which doesn't surprise me, considering you trivialized three separate aspects of the encounter by exploiting. Raging Spirits spawn during the outer platform phases, like I said. During the outer platform phases, the outer platform respawns no matter what. Again, that's not what is in question. What is in question is the outer platform spawning--via your exploit--during the Defile/Valkyr phases.

  15. #55

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    I can't believe Blizzard banned them for doing absolutely nothing out of the ordinary in a raid environment. Plain and simple, Blizzard hadn't thought to test the saronite bombs in the encounter and a bug went by unnoticed. If a well-established technique (which I consider engineers using saronite bombs to be) ends up bugging the encounter the blame should be on Blizzard for not finding it ahead of time. It's not like the Warlock summoning exploit in ZA where you intentionally were trying to bypass known mechanics; this is a DPSer doing what he does best withing typical gameplay mechanics. What Blizzard should have done was remove the achievement + loot, and reset the Lich King so they could do it again after it was hotfixed. Not ban them for 3 days. That's crap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nahte View Post
    You're not supposed to catch Missingno.

  16. #56

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    I am glad Ensidia got suspended for their actions. They posted they didn't know the bombs were rebuilding the platform?PUH-LEASE...they know exactly what's happening in their encounters at all times. Cheap move to play the ignorance card.

    Hopefully another guild gets the real 25 Man - First achievement while Ensidia are suspended, they don't deserve it, or any publicity ever again.

    Ensidis are a bunch of hacks and tools.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Kaneiac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Iowa, United States
    Posts
    4,347

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    They also bit themselves in the ass.

    Remember what they said? It never happened in 10-man, but it happened in 25.

    Shouldn't you of OBVIOUSLY KNOWN something was a bug then? And it wasn't working correctly?

    You guys said a little bit too much there. You basically revealed that you knew it was a bug but continued to use it.
    Hey, remember when I dropped my keys and you thought the phone was ringing?

  18. #58

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    Mmmm bitey time.

    Look at Festergut. For melee that's a stand-still blast fest. The guy uses 4 Saronite bombs the whole fight, adding a whopping 6973 damage, or 0.3% dps.

    Couldn't you just, you know, live without that massive dps boost once you figure out it might be causing something strange? LK's a 15 minute fight or so, we're talking about maybe 20k damage all up from one guy? I know you want to squeeze out every edge on world firsts, but really...

    You can't forgo 20k damage when it becomes clear something strange is happening as a result?

  19. #59
    Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Home
    Posts
    2,971

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    They should suspend blizzard's dungeon creators for not ruling this sort of bugging out instead of the players who found the bug.

    They should be grateful...

    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

    ~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

  20. #60

    Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

    It was Blizzard's fault.
    The ban is a joke.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •