Page 40 of 67 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    We did not exploit. The initial covering up was because we figured the encounter was bugged and we didn't want 1000 other guilds going in and claiming another kill straight after us. And you might wanna read up on that EULA and ToS you're talking about. We still had no way of knowing it was anyone in our own raid causing the bug. If its not intentional, as we proved it wasn't, its not an exploit.
    Then show the rest of the raids log instead of your rogue. Your lying tun, your stinking lying.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

In all fairness they been banned for 3 days and the kill was removed so no need for people to acutally attack em as harsh as you do, I bet most on this forums
    have exploited one or another bug sometime during the last 5 years that they knew about. Why not most say if it makes the fight easier might aswell use it.

So people shouldnt really talk down to a guild when most of us have abused a bug at some time or another in the past, who here cant say they have never jumped
    on the cannon and bugged the adds during Van Cleef, most groups i went with when i leveled chars have wanted to do that.

Quote Originally Posted by angelblack
    I made an account to reply to this.

You, sir, lie. I am quite sure of it because there is NO WAY IN HELL you people wouldn't fraps your world first on the mf LICH KING, the end boss of the whole expansion. Who the hell would want to see world first on KT, or anub? Those bosses were either devoid of any lore or seen-before.

Sure, you might not have released the first movie, maybe you would want to polish it up a bit on your 2nd try or something. But you would definately fraps the FIRST TIME arthas is defeated.

btw, wasn't nihilum's video of illidan world first the actual world first or did you do it the following week?
    because what acctualy matters is the hard mode of the boss. Why didnt you ask for the video of the 10man than?

Quote Originally Posted by Rellekk
    GG thats them saying a bug happened. NOT that they caused it.

even as u just quoted "The idea at this point was pretty much that if this bug happened again"

think thats a pretty big sign they didnt know when or how it happened.

Just because they didn't know how to recreate it doesn't mean they did not exploit it.

Just because you didn't mean to make that happen, doesnt justify the right to say its okay to do.

They did not beat the fight in the way it was intended. They discussed not dpsing the valkyrie when the glitch happened.

They did not report the bug until after the fight

They admitted this bug happened EVERYTIME on their 25man attempts. Meaning they didn't dps the Valkyrie nearly at all.

This is an exploit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tun
    We did not exploit. The initial covering up was because we figured the encounter was bugged and we didn't want 1000 other guilds going in and claiming another kill straight after us. And you might wanna read up on that EULA and ToS you're talking about. We still had no way of knowing it was anyone in our own raid causing the bug. If its not intentional, as we proved it wasn't, its not an exploit.
    You mean the same EULA and ToS that banned you guys for exploiting?

;D

65 hours to go, but keep telling yourself you didn't exploit, I'm sure Blizzard's listening!

I am not sure if I feel the ban was justified, but then that is just my opinion and Blizzard makes the call. And they have access to a lot more info than I do.

As for taking away the achievement/loot/h access, that seems reasonable. Even if they had no idea what they were doing they didn't beat the encounter the way Blizzard designed it, so Blizz didn't want them to have the 'world first'.

15+ Year Old Account

Absurd ban. Remove the loot, achievements and title. Fix the exploit. Make them down the Lich King again.

Blizzard is just trying to make an example of Ensidia. If you or any guild members ever see a bug in our encounters, you must stop playing immediately.

10+ Year Old Account

It seems like a pretty open-and-shut case. Ensidia's own site contains blogs in which one raid member refers specifically to the bug, and to the raid not knowing what was causing it, but realizing they could totally ignore all the (usually deadly) adds in one phase of the fight. If it was a 'reward' for killing one of the Val'kyr too quickly and they didn't know it was something wrong... why does he call it, repeatedly, 'the bug'?

They knew it was a bug. They knew it negated an entire major mechanic of the fight. They chose to pursue the kill anyway because the World First mattered more to them than doing it right. They cheated, they know they cheated, and they got what they deserved.

In the wake of the way they crowed over the Exodus ban, it's pretty freaking distasteful. The only way they can save face at this point is to issue a statement saying "Yes, we screwed up, we put the achievement before our integrity, and we apologize to our fans and to the other guilds who have worked at it without cheating."

But if what I see in this thread is any indication... the chances of that happening seem pretty slim.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Sneek
    because what acctualy matters is the hard mode of the boss. Why didnt you ask for the video of the 10man than?
    Because they weren't the first to do 10-man?

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega

Os 3d zerg is NOT a glitch.
    If your DPS is high eniough as a group you can zerg zarth, all within the functionality of the fight as it was intended.

This was not. GTFO if your gonna try comparing a OS 3d zerg to glitching a boss
    If your DPS is high enough you can zerg Sarth
    If you have an Engineer you can make floors respawn

Both in the code of the game. Ensidia did not modify any files, they didn't use any third party software to bot, they didn't use GM-only item to blow the shit out of everything. They played the same game everyone else was playing, whether the encounter was bugged or not isn't their fault, it's Blizzards. They didn't get a secret version of ICC that had a bugged Lich King inside. You cannot expect a world first guild to sit on their ass with a bugged encounter when another guild, maybe who didn't have an engineer kills it.

Think about it, lets say the top 10 guilds all have Engineers. They all see a bugged fight and decide to call it quits. Now, the 11th ranked guild comes in with no Engineers for whatever reason and kills it, gets all the glory, thinks they are the shit while 10 guilds sit in front of Arthas with a bugged encounter. It's ridiculous. They were given a boss and they killed it.

Blademaster
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega

Os 3d zerg is NOT a glitch.
    If your DPS is high eniough as a group you can zerg zarth, all within the functionality of the fight as it was intended.

This was not. GTFO if your gonna try comparing a OS 3d zerg to glitching a boss
    u kill only one dragon and get rewards from 4 dragons
    ...since 2007...

you people
    What do you mean "you people".

So what would you have liked them to do??

This is a guild who strives for world 1st... its the FIRST week of the MOST anticipated fight in WoWs history.

"oh guys we dont have to kill the Valkyrie we better give up for the night"

again i use the example of OS 3D Zerg....would you like to Ban the thousands of people that ignored killing the drakes when you are clearly suppost to?
    you're an idiot and cant use this as an example. the reason behind not killing the drake in 3d zerg is because of the substantial increase of gear since the release of this instance. THAT is why you dont have to kill the drake. however when it was first released when gear wasnt so beast, YOU DID HAVE TO KILL IT. so your respinse makes no sense

I blame Blizzard for not sending us all strategy guides of every encounter before they release them amirite?

15+ Year Old Account

So what would you have liked them to do??

This is a guild who strives for world 1st... its the FIRST week of the MOST anticipated fight in WoWs history.

"oh guys we dont have to kill the Valkyrie we better give up for the night"

again i use the example of OS 3D Zerg....would you like to Ban the thousands of people that ignored killing the drakes when you are clearly suppost to?
    So you are saying its okay for Ensidia to exploit bugs because they should get a world 1st? I think people would have liked to not exploit the bug, and actually admit to it when they do instead of members posting QQ blogs and post proof instead of logs that point to coverups instead of actually clearing them.

In short, for them to act like adults.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

What would be funny if Ensidia manage to get world first with there alt raid :-). But we will need to wait 72 houres for that.

Then it is just a fail from all high end raiding guilds out there.

Deleted

I'm just wondering, and I don't intend to read over 50 pages to find out:

Is there any WoL report from several weeks back where the rogues also use the Saronite Bombs? Parses from this week where he does use it on every encounter are not that convincing to me. It could, -could-, be a rather uninspired post-hoc artificial argument for denying the exploitation of ingame mechanics.

Like I said: I'm not judging, just wondering.

Deleted

I made an account to reply to this.

You, sir, lie. I am quite sure of it because there is NO WAY IN HELL you people wouldn't fraps your world first on the mf LICH KING, the end boss of the whole expansion. Who the hell would want to see world first on KT, or anub? Those bosses were either devoid of any lore or seen-before.

Sure, you might not have released the first movie, maybe you would want to polish it up a bit on your 2nd try or something. But you would definately fraps the FIRST TIME arthas is defeated.

btw, wasn't nihilum's video of illidan world first the actual world first or did you do it the following week?
    Everyone from the guild is on Ventrilo listening to what's going on. Everyone else sees whats going on by being in the encounter. We do not need to fraps. We have never done any video analyzing, because we dont need it. I dont know if that was the world first Illidan kill, I was not in Nihilum at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashelía
    In all fairness they been banned for 3 days and the kill was removed so no need for people to acutally attack em as harsh as you do, I bet most on this forums
    have exploited one or another bug sometime during the last 5 years that they knew about. Why not most say if it makes the fight easier might aswell use it.

So people shouldnt really talk down to a guild when most of us have abused a bug at some time or another in the past, who here cant say they have never jumped
    on the cannon and bugged the adds during Van Cleef, most groups i went with when i leveled chars have wanted to do that.

No, what makes this disgusting is that the only reason people are defending is because its E N S I D IA ZOMG #1 guild!

If this was some podunk guild that no one had ever heard of, do you think anyone would bat a eye? NO. It would be

"You violated TOS, you got banned" /end of discussion.

It doesnt mattr if your the worst guild, or the very best. the rules APPLY to everyone.

Ive seen people get banned for glitching less, such as getting underneath orgrimmar. Where are the long threads efending these people? there arent. becuase the only reason the fanbois are out now, is because its ensidia

(This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

The amount of ignorance in this thread is just...
    Probably only 5-10 of you have seen this fight, and yet so many knows all the mechanics of it.
    Noone knows (except for the obvious 25), and noone will probably ever know if the platform was intentionally bugged or not, but anyway there is no reason for anyone to doubt what eg. tun have stated as they actually were there, in contrast to you.
    Go ahead, continue throwing out your conspirations, but you might just aswell discuss if men really have been to the moon.

Ensidia is and will be a top guild, and they wouldnt risk this for a lousy 25N world first. Grats Ensidia, and gl with the hardmodes!