Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ...

Re: Ensidia suspended for 72 Hours

Quote Originally Posted by Xanwryn
    TL;DR: Blizzard are NOT perfect, they are still human, and like all of humanity, they make mistakes. Just like you and me, Blizzard make mistakes, they miss a few bugs or two. If this were a perfect world there would be no bugs at all, because bugs are never intentional (and it's not a bug if it's "working as intended"). But unfortunately for those programmers, this ISN'T a perfect world and bugs happen. Internal and even public testing only goes so far to prevent them, even the minor graphical bug will get through even the most experienced of coders.
    None doubts that. I never said: Blizzard can't ban Ensidia cuz it's their blame if the game is full of bugs cuz they suck at coding. From your whole of facts, I just don't derive the following conclusions:
    1. Paragon killed the LK (25M normal) world first; and
    2. Blizzard is right to indiscriminately ban players that step on a bug.

The point is exactly this: since bugs will *always* be in the game, Blizzard doesn't have any other way to discourage people, than taking external actions against them. But it doesn't make the measures any more rightful, in my opinion.
    The bugs will always be there, yes, and if anyone steps on them, that's a good reason to correct 'em, nothing else.

Thanks for taking the time to extensively reply, tho, altho I think we look at it from a different perspective.

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    None doubts that. I never said: Blizzard can't ban Ensidia cuz it's their blame if the game is full of bugs cuz they suck at coding. From your whole of facts, I just don't derive the following conclusions:
    1. Paragon killed the LK (25M normal) world first; and
    2. Blizzard is right to indiscriminately ban players that step on a bug.
    This isn't an indiscriminate ban though. This was a huge bypass of encounter mechanics making the fight incredibly easier. Ensidia chose to ignore the Valks and instead burn down the Lich King. They chose to do this.

Now, if, when the floors rebuilt themselves, they had said, "Don't chance it, keep fighting like normal: kill the Valks," despite knowing they didn't have to, and Blizzard had banned them, everyone would be in agreement that Blizz was wrong.

If, when the floors rebuilt, they had stopped completely and yelled for Blizz to come fix it, everyone would be in agreement that they would be heroes, sacrificing a World First Kill chance to maintain their integrity.

But they chose to ignore an important encounter mechanic to their advantage, and got caught with their hands in the cookie jar. This was far from an indiscriminate ban. They cheated, got caught, the bug is fixed, and Paragon did the fight right.

Ensidia didn't just step on the bug. They stepped on it, nursed it back to minimal health, and made it their slave for saving it's life. Good thing Animal Control was there to slap the cuffs on them for mistreatment, but the poor bug was so weak and in pain, it had to be put down. (That analogy went a little far didn't it... :P)

Kill the Zerg, drive them before you, and listen to the lamentations of the Protoss!

Quote Originally Posted by Hessie
    This isn't an indiscriminate ban though. This was a huge bypass of encounter mechanics making the fight incredibly easier.
    Semantics. A bug is a bug, and people have been exploiting them to kill bosses for WoW's entire lifespan.

Blizzard is just playing the PR game with this one, which I find despicable. It's called precedent, they didn't ban people for any of the previous World Firsts (Vashj???) or even abusing mechanics for not-first kills of other bosses, they shouldn't ban anyone for these bugs now.

It's their mistake, they should be the ones fixing it, not punishing others for their mistakes. That's just childish, irregardless of how much easier it made the "fight."

It's a video game, there aren't any rules beyond what the game allows you to do. If the game allows you to respawn the lower platform, DO IT. This is just a computer program FFS, not some mythical medieval duel where your "honor" is at stake.

It IS Blizzard's fault for not testing their code, they wanted to "surprise" everyone with this encounter, and it still failed to last more than a day (2 days after hotfix). A pretty poor return for gambling on being able to QC the fight themselves (which they've NEVER gotten right).
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler (Blue Tracker)
    We don't think burst is a problem in PvP right now.

Remember C'thun World First Kill?

They (Ensidia), formerly known as "Nihilum" used the "Disgusting Oozeling" (Pet you can find on Oozling's around the World) to make the C'thun kill very easy!

The Disgusting Ooziling Pet gives you a Debuff wich could, if you macro'd the whole thing, be used to fill your Debuffs up to the maximum. This way they did not got the Debuff inside of C'thun and could easy stay in there forever, making it very easy to weaking the C'thun encounter and make im attackable.

This is like 3-4 years ago and they USED exploited ingame mechanics back then, too.

So im 100% sure, this 72ban is well deserved.

Kinda sad that there's a 90 page thread fighting over this (mostly anyway).

Fair or not, it's only 72hrs and they can just deal with it. Bugs are bugs and will always be here in some form or another in every program in existence so saying it's Blizz's fault is just a fanboi scapegoat tactic. Knowingly replicating the bug during the fight or not is also irrelevant as they knew something was going wrong and decided to continue a bugged encounter. Granted it's the type of thing they've done purposely and even bragged about in the past (flower power *cough*) and received no punishment for and that may seem unbalanced, but in reality they should have been punished for any of the others that they've used as well. Blizz has just been too lenient and you guys have grown spoiled by it.

I'd hate to see what you would scream if it was still like the older days of MMO's and any kind of exploit (intentional or otherwise) would potentially net you a permanent ban (72hrs is a mere suspension and rather laughable).

There was no such thing as 'creative use of game mechanics' to excuse certain exploits within the game. If anyone had tried to use that lame excuse in early EQ a GM would have said something like "Well here's a creative use of administration tools." and just permanently banned them on the spot.

I think a lot of problems with the MMO community at large these days has sprung up from this extreme leniency policy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakcheral
    a GM would have said something like "Well here's a creative use of administration tools."
    You qualified it good :P

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Noportforyou
    So are geeks who spell things wrong and use acronyms for words they're not quite sure how to spell.
    Really? Care to point out the alleged misspell? Because I know you aren't referring to the proper spelling of a slang word...

Now if you are, the only advice I have to offer is stick to your University of Phoenix education and impressing other kids with your grammar prowess because all you're accomplishing with me is giving me another pathetic to laugh at.

And speaking of calling people geeks, what are YOU doing on a video game forum Mr. Cool?I thought so...

Back on topic, Ensidia did what they are best at, which is cheat. And Blizz owned them for it. And I lol'd. Oh shoot, did I spell lol'd right? ;D

You guys know that by fighting for 90 pages in MMO-Champion, is not going to solve anything. Blizz will still be Blizz, and this will happen a lot more times, who knows, you can be their next victim!

Quote Originally Posted by Rogue
    "Hey guys, thanks for accidentally discovering this bug we somehow couldn't find before releasing our content. It's too bad you don't have the time or resources to test and pin down what was causing the bug, so we're banning you. Eat a dick."
    The bug caused a noticeable change in the terrain when the bomb hit the platform and Ensidia knew exactly how the fight worked and looked beforehand (they downed it in 10man before 25man; they knew how the unglitched encounter went). The bombs also have to be thrown at the part of the platform that it reconstructed, which would not be anywhere near where they were tanking Arthas.
    Their argument that the fight would've been just as simple without the bug is ridiculous to anyone who knows what the bug specifically did. Larger platform = no need to kill the Val'kyr = MUCH more time on Arthas. Instead of losing dps on the boss for a significant portion of that phase and the chance of someone being killed and unbrezable, they could burn him the entire time.
    Ensidia refused to release a video or a combat parse for the kill and, when questioned, said that they never fraps their world first attempts. That's a lie. Search youtube right now and you'll see tons of Ensidia's world first videos. Let's couple this with the fact that Ensidia doesn't have the best track record with clean kills.
    Ensidia knew that they were glitching it and making the fight much easier and Blizzard doesn't like that. They have every right to not like that and give them a slap on the wrist.

Deleted

ha ha!

I laugh my ass off knowing there's actually Enside FANS out there, lol!! Like, I can understand if you got someone on your friendlist that you like cuz they're a good tank or something, but a Fan of other WoW players? Haha, I think it's pretty normal to be a fan of sports players, I might be a fan of a couple baseball players, maybe a hockey player or two, football, but World of Warcraft players? How do you stoop that low?

You had to throw those bombs pretty accurately for them to correctly bug, they had to be placed in a certain spot, they clearly had knowledge of the Bug and continued with it. They have a history of exploiting, they're European, they're Horde, they're obviously going to find the cheapest and easiest ways to get something done. Their logs are missing the Val'kyr part, there's obviously a lot they're not telling us. Do you honestly think these foreign in fagots are gonna just come out and say "we cheated, this is how" no, they're gonna whine about it and make excuses.

That Rogue has about 7k Honor kills lifetime, what a fucking scrub.

dayle... dayle... why so sad? I can understand playing hockey or football or baseball BUT playing world of warcraft OMG how do you stoop so low? in all seriousness the world first race is a COMPETITION humans are interested by competition seeing who the better team is so what if its a game guess what most sports are only games. admiring someones athletic skills is alright if you're into that so is admiring someones quick thinking reaction skills.
    Also how do you know that the bombs had to be place so accurately as you describe it were you there watching them do it and watching him place it every single time in the exact same location? no? cool.
    Finally I guess that rogue could turn around and say "lol nice champion of the frozen wastes fucking scrub" but im sure hes too busy having fun with the game rather then being jelous cause you're clearly not that good.
    Sorry for feeding the troll I was bored. kk now tell me I'm an ensidia fan boy or a paragon fan boy or whoever else fan boy

Quote Originally Posted by Dayle
    I laugh my ass off knowing there's actually Enside FANS out there, lol!! Like, I can understand if you got someone on your friendlist that you like cuz they're a good tank or something, but a Fan of other WoW players? Haha, I think it's pretty normal to be a fan of sports players, I might be a fan of a couple baseball players, maybe a hockey player or two, football, but World of Warcraft players? How do you stoop that low?

You had to throw those bombs pretty accurately for them to correctly bug, they had to be placed in a certain spot, they clearly had knowledge of the Bug and continued with it. They have a history of exploiting, they're European, they're Horde, they're obviously going to find the cheapest and easiest ways to get something done. Their logs are missing the Val'kyr part, there's obviously a lot they're not telling us. Do you honestly think these foreign in fagots are gonna just come out and say "we cheated, this is how" no, they're gonna whine about it and make excuses.

That Rogue has about 7k Honor kills lifetime, what a fucking scrub.

damn banned :'(