Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Let's see the video, Ensidia.

It really is that simple. If this is simply a case of Blizzard playing it safe while they investigate, there should be nothing incriminating in the video you undoubtedly recorded of the encounter. So, let's see it.

I'm willing to give Ensidia the benefit of the doubt here. In the past, Blizzard has in fact banned first and asked questions later, as they did to everyone online in the guild of the individual one-shotting Ulduar bosses with Martin Fury. And yet, I find it a little suspicious when it's become so commonplace for these guilds to publish videos of their successful attempts, that there's nothing of their successful attempt with the last boss of the expansion.

Re: Let's see the video, Ensidia.

You find it suspicious that a guild Ensidia, whose job it is to find the kinks of an encounter, use them in advantage of the encounter, and then report the bug afterwards and get banned for it?
    Come on, they've been doing this since vanilla, BC, and Ulduar.

It's bound to bite them in the ass.

What amazes me about the fan-boys is how dense they are being about this exploit. Dozens had claimed they didnt know the extent of the bug, where it was coming from, and how it barely effected the encounter.

Bull....f'ing....shit...

1. They already saw the fight from the streams.

2. They already completed the fight in 10man.

3. It reset the bloody platform. How in the hell can you not notice that?

4. Resetting the platform makes the fight tremendously easier. Nice try at playing that down on their own forums...

5. They continued on with the fight knowing full well they were exploiting (its a pretty long fight, just fyi), claimed world first, and then conveniently stated there was a bug after the fact.

Remove your lips from their asses people. They cheated, they got caught, and finally for once they are being appropriately punished for it.

Oh, and Muqq, epic nerd-rage there buddy. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Revitalize
    You find it suspicious that a guild Ensidia, whose job it is to find the kinks of an encounter, use them in advantage of the encounter, and then report the bug afterwards and get banned for it?
    Come on, they've been doing this since vanilla, BC, and Ulduar.

It's bound to bite them in the ass.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hexian
    What amazes me about the fan-boys is how dense they are being about this exploit. Dozens had claimed they didnt know the extent of the bug, where it was coming from, and how it barely effected the encounter.

Bull....f'ing....shit...

1. They already saw the fight from the streams.

2. They already completed the fight in 10man.

4. Resetting the platform makes the fight tremendously easier. Nice try at playing that down on their own forums...

5. They continued on with the fight knowing full well they were exploiting (its a pretty long fight, just fyi), claimed world first, and then conveniently stated there was a bug after the fact.

Remove your lips from their asses people. They cheated, they got caught, and finally for once they are being appropriately punished for it.

Oh, and Muqq, epic nerd-rage there buddy. ;D
    How can they cheat when they didn't know what caused the platform to respawn?
    They knew how to bug Yogg +0, but they didn't do it and had a legit world fifth or something.
    They don't bug the fight on purpose, as said earlier, they didn't even know what bugged it. They was banned because of Blizzard's flaws.

10+ Year Old Account

Imo ensidia is a fail

They abused many encounters, One theyve not been caught on is possibly Yogg+0

After their yogg+0 kill, there was no video whatsoever proof of them killing it with no abuse
    Ex-Ensidia & Clarity-Twisting Nether member.

I hope after the ban and the reset of the achievment they have to start over fresh next week. Let the honest guilds get a head start on the Hard Modes.

They have been involed with way to many questionable world firsts and the banning of Exodus set a good example of Blizzards response to exploits

Deleted

Wasnt it ensidia who used to do that spellsteal-freya-flower-trash-buff thing?

think the mages did 99 stakcs of 20% dmg increase

Shalaman, when ensidia killed Yogg +0 the bug was all ready fixed. Some of you guys conspiracies are pretty thin.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Imo ensidia is a fail

After their yogg+0 kill, there was no video whatsoever proof of them killing it with no abuse
    There's no video of you leveling your characters from 1-80, therefore you definitely used exploits.

SEE! I CAN USE YOUR MORONIC LOGIC TOO!!!!

Rogues use saronite bombs as a standard part of their dps rotation.
    Blizzard make a fight where saronite bombs cause the encounter to bug, with no obvious signs of what's causing it.
    And then ban the raiders for doing exactly what they would normally do because they can't test a fight propperly.

Totally unjustified ban, but also not a legitimate kill.
    Too cool for a sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalaman
    Imo ensidia is a fail

Ensidia got like world 5 kill or something and after Exodus exploited him he was fixed and bug free

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie
    This. I know it's hard for some of you to admit it, but you know this is true.

Quote Originally Posted by ChildeRoland
    How can they cheat when they didn't know what caused the platform to respawn?
    They knew how to bug Yogg +0, but they didn't do it and had a legit world fifth or something.
    They don't bug the fight on purpose, as said earlier, they didn't even know what bugged it. They was banned because of Blizzard's flaws.
    Ensidia/SK have been accused of abusing game mechanics in the past. Like you said, they didnt exploit Yogg +0, for one reason. Because it was already fixed.

Flower Power buff to kill Hodir Hardmode.
    C'thun exploit
    Firefighter exploit.

The face of the matter is that they will do whatever they can to get world firsts. While the bug was not their fault, it seems like a pretty obvious bug to me. As others have said, they cleared 10man earlier that day, thus knowing how the fight is suppost to work. You would think after a couple of attempts they would try to figure out what was causing the platforms to respawn to prevent this type of problem.

Exodus got banned for Abuse of Game Mechanics on Yogg +0, and i feel this is Blizzard's way of rectifying that ban by saying, "Look we did it to people we like, too."
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Really simple for them to prove they didn't intentionally exploit. Post a video not hard to see if the rogue who is the only one they claim used the bombs is intentionally only droppping the bombs at the edge or not. Not hard to take a timer and look at ok he dropped a bomb theres the bomb animation then see if he drops the next one on the cd or if he waits to drop it til hes at the adds on the edge.

Also post the full meters or a wws showing that the rogue is the only one who used saronite bombs in that fight. Stats could sub for the video too since you could take the number of saronite bombs used in the fight with the time. Cds on when you can drop the bomb is known so time of fight by the number of bombs dropped can give a fairly accurate view. I know you won't drop the bomb on the cd everytime, but you should be within a few seconds of it so if your more than 3 bomb cds off you were saving them for a specific time. I mean if they are innocent then it won't take much to prove if it was an unfair ban or not.

In the meantime just see if any other guild gets the worldfirst in the next fewdays. It is limited attempts so not like the world first guilds have unlimited attempts while they are gone. If Ensidia is that good they can just prove it by downing the lich king after the ban they'll have 16 attempts left unexploited so if they were that close and the glitch didn't matter they should have no trouble downing it. Or if blizzard doesn't reset the lichking this week for them then getting it in next weeks attempt limit would prove they deserved it even if someone else does it in the meantime.

Personally, I could care less if they did it "on purpose" this time. They saw an issue occurring where the floor was being replaced and continued on with their attempts never changing anything. If this had been a guild that had no previous issues with exploiting game mechanics I would probably defend them, but lets face it, these guys are notorious for exploiting anything and everything they can. My real question is, how can that be fun?!?!?!?! Ya grats you cheated, hope it feels good. Just baffles me. Ensidia may have good players, but when you have a stigma of being cheaters, you still end up being as lame as the M&S.
    Toodles

Video or You're guilty Ensidia. If you are innocent there should be nothing to hide. Don't tell me that there isn't a video either, beause I find that hard to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Aabrahm
    They saw an issue occurring where the floor was being replaced and continued on with their attempts never changing anything.
    This alone doesn't really mean anything in this case. It was the one encounter that had no previous testing. It's a bit extreme for them to know exactly what's happening at every fraction of a second... It was happening every time the rogue used the bombs in normal rotation, and with something that subtle it's damn easy to just assume the fight was buggy and repairing itself due to lack of testing. No one is going to pull individual spells out of their rotation to see what's causing the platform to reappear at random, and certainly not during an encounter where time and attempts are very limited. If they really were unaware of what was causing the bug and platforms were just being awkward and reappearing, I wouldn't expect them to stop and wait in a race/situation like this.

That's also not at all to say they weren't aware. They are very good, very smart players. Someone could have drawn the correlation somewhere along the line, even in only four attempts. It really does come down to "word of mouth" and how well you trust their honesty. You can't really take a logical stance until more information is known. Blizzard banning them temporarily or resetting their encounter + rewards for investigational purposes is more than understandable, but to point the finger so swiftly is a bit extreme.

This quote really sums it up 100%:

Quote Originally Posted by thrizie

1) Dear god can people get some perspective. I admit its one of the biggest things in the game......but...its...a...game... The only people i can understand having a real personal interest are those legitimatly going for world first, and how many people is that - and would they post on mmo whining? :P

2) Yes i fully agree that a video would clear this up. There's been a lot written about this, and from what i understand they would have to specifically aim the bombs off the side of the circle, which ofc is not part of 'standard rotation' - if thats the case then they did exploit it, and "Totally unjustified ban, but also not a legitimate kill." is totally right.

Else it was a legitamate error.....in which case "Totally unjustified ban, but also not a legitimate kill." still applies :P

85 pala (tank1); 85 DK (tank2; 85 priest (unused), 85Drood (heals); 85 lock (dps); 85 warrior (Tank3) 85 hunter ;83 Shammy (Ele/Resto);65 rogue

lol!

Scrubs!

Quote Originally Posted by Hexian

They probably did notice it, but it's not like noticing it makes you know what's causing it.

Yes it does make it easier, they even said so. What do you want them to say, "Oh, it's not so much of an advantage that it matters?"

Them continuing on with the fight isn't their fault, it's Blizzard's for the limited attempts crap they added. What do you want them to do, wipe it because there's a glitch that they didn't know what was causing it? If a Paladin casting Holy Light was the cause, should they remove all Pallies from the raid so they can "legitimately" do it?

It isn't their fault that Blizzard released content with bugs in it and they did something they always do, which may or may not have been intentional.

Yes, the easiest way to clear their name would be to show a video in which the rogue isn't running over to where the platforms are and deliberately causing them to come back up. If they are doing that, then yes, they deserve the bans, but until that video comes out, you have to put the blame with Blizzard for putting out buggy boss fights without proper testing then banning players for intentionally or unintentionally using said bugs to their advantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Raidenx
    Video or You're guilty Ensidia. If you are innocent there should be nothing to hide. Don't tell me that there isn't a video either, beause I find that hard to believe.
    Oh boy, who invited Glenn Beck to MMO-Champ? :

Kill = Illegitimate. Take away the achievement + hard mode unlock. Can even get rid of the items won if they like.

Ban = Unjustified. Any melee engineer worth their salt uses Saronite Bombs on every cooldown, it's a DPS increase.

Considering only one rogue was doing it, don't you think that kind of justifies that they weren't looking to exploit?

If your rogue is doing something they always do, and the platform sporadically reforms, how the hell are you supposed to know what triggers it? It's different from the Yogg+0 exploit, which is blatantly exploiting mechanics through the means of a room you're supposed to leave for Phase 3.

It baffles me how people are so quick to attack anything popular or successful. If Shield Wall,Divine Protection, Holy Shield, and Icebound Fortitude + AMS are all bugged to reform the platform, do you just not use those abilities? Do you just not do the encounter because your tanks are crippled? No.