Paladin tips for healing in icc

Feel free to add or comment these are just the ways that i heal the fights and have found to be best and i though i would share.

First of all icc is much different than togc 25 at the moment. There are no bosses that currently will take a geared tank out in less than 3 hits from 100 percent so it can give you much more leeway as a holy pallie to spot heals on raid to maximize your healing. Now why is this important? It is so you can run with 1 less healer if all your other healers can pick up that slack which really helps on fights with enrage or soft enrages.

Marrowgar: Easy fight beacon mt heal the other 2 if tanks are topped off feel free to toss shocks on spiked players especially if they are healers. Divine sac bonestorm bubble second divine sac if there is a 3rd. Righteous fury friendly. You need frost and fire aura for this fight as flame is fire/frost

Lady Deathwhisper: Do not use righteous fury as you will aggro casters. beacon one tank find a good spot where you can reach the other 2. Call out if your mages are slow on decursing as you do not have many spell you can afford to have locked out. Phase 2 pay attention to tank swaps so you can rotate beacon and heal raid watch out for ghosts. Side note if you have a messy p1 in 10 man remember you can help with interupts in p2. frost aura is good for this fight

Gunship: Very easy fight you can beacon the tank that goes over and heal from your boat. Also try to watch if cannon people get hit by the rend to bop them before they go in as they rarely watch their hp bars.

Deathbringer: Again easy as a healer heal tanks beacon is pretty unimportant til the first mark. Beacon the first mark and no one else needs to worry about it ever again. Righteous fury will help pull off any melee aoe that incidently hits them. Also try to help ranged you can hoj every other wave.

Festergut: Make sure jol is up i would recomend you doing it if no one else in raid is specced divinity as the extra healing can help and it is very easy to keep up during heavy raid damage time. Tank with aggro should be beaconed and you should be healing melee or ranged when they are stacked on a spore. You should be in melee range the whole fight so you don't get the throwing up debuff. Have your tanks give a 5 sec or so warning on taunt and switch beacon pre-emptively to pick up the new tank. Bubble sac the explosion thing i forget what it is for people who failed at getting enough innoculation. If you are having mana problems make sure that you shock as in melee range with icy talons you should always get a melee swing in for a sow proc. Righteous fury friendly.

Rotface: I have found it easiest to beacon the kiting tank as he takes heavier burst damage and mt damage is light. Help to heal the injections. Stay in melee range as it is easier to move from spew and you get extra mana. Also it can help to bubble sac the last explosion so you do not have to run out and there are normally quite a few injections out at this time while other healers are moving. Do not righteous fury this fight it is very bad.

Putricide: Talk your guild into doing the one side method it makes it much easier for healers and ranged. Abom should not need heals this fight but you may want to set it as focus just in case. Beacon mt heal raid while staying in melee and watching for flasks. Stack with the slime target but try to position where the knock back will be favorable to you. Pay special attention to healing the person the slime and gas spore are targeting. Watch putricides hp so you can get a free dp right as he teargases twice in the fight. For p3 try to enter with a full mana bar so you do not have to dp at all. You should focus on healing the tank with aggro and rotating your beacon to the next tank seamlessly preferably while the tank has a cd up. Other than that you need to know where he is being kited and use shock on cd so you can move into good position without losing a gcd. Most likely you will not be in melee this whole time so watch out for bouncing goo. Righteous fury friendly.

Princes: Personally i beacon the orb tank because they move around a lot and staying within range can be a pain. Try to stay of the other 2 tanks while making sure you are not near shock vortexes. Fire aura helps and hitting aura mastery when empowered fire is going to hit helps a bit. If you have a non tank doing the orb boss try and divine sac during empowered and make sure beacon and judgement are refreshed outside this bosses empowered as you want to be able to spam heal the whole time. Also being in group with that tank helps for extra divine sac absorbs. And if the "beach balls are getting close to the ground 40 yd judgement is nice to help with. Righteous fury is not something i would recomend. Almost all of your damage is avoidable and depending on the class of your ranged tank and how much they are chasing orbs around you can pull off of them.

Bql: Lots of healing. Personally 5 good healers should be enough although when you see the damage it can be tempting to go with 6. An extra dps helps with enrage timer. Make sure someone has jol up it can do 4k+healing on this fight so it is a necessity. Try to grab a spot closest to where the brainlinks meet so that you can keep your movement to a minimum. You should have plenty of globals to help with raid healing so try to focus on healing melee or shocking up a brainlink etc. Have a shaman heal melee and have him bounce ch through the tank you do not have beaconed as this will let you heal raid more and maximize his big heal on ch. Call out when you get shadows so other heals can pick it up on the tanks. Divine sac air phases and bubble one of them to break the fear if tremor is not immediate. I would personally avoid righteous fury on this fight for at least the first 2 bites as when i have used it i have found myself getting bitten which is 1. a pain and 2 a huge raid dps loss.

Dreamwalker: Get a scribe to make you a stack of sow and sol and trade them out for this fight. Also pick up the 245 libram for this fight as well. YOU CAN BEACON HER. You can beacon her prepull and then pop a speed pot and pop all cds and spam until first portal. This is so cd's are back up for bl and you should have 20-30 stacks. Make sure you get every portal stacking buffs are the key to this fight. Beg borrow and steal focus magic and power infusions. Make sure gaurdian spirit is up with wings and 2pt10 and trinket. Make sure bloodlust is right as you come out of the 3rd portal as it will last until the the start of the 5th so you get 2 uses out of it. Other healers should focus on keeping raid up your job as a paladin is to heal her up while topping everyone off when you are out. By the second portal your hl splash should be healing half of melees health pool. Try to fly with other healers as it is possible to miss clouds but they explode in 10yd radius. Make sure you always get a portal you have priority over every other class of healer for them and lack instants to go over to a new one. Try and make sure to pop a cloud right before you come out as it will give you an extra second or 2 to get one when you take the next portal. No reason you should be below 20k hps on this fight.

That is all for right now as we saved sindragosa/lk attempts for tonight but i will update if others have some good tricks to add and as i do the new content/hardmodes.

Re: Paladin tips for healing in icc

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    Feel free to add or comment these are just the ways that i heal the fights and have found to be best and i though i would share.

First of all icc is much different than togc 25 at the moment. There are no bosses that currently will take a geared tank out in less than 3 hits from 100 percent so it can give you much more leeway as a holy pallie to spot heals on raid to maximize your healing. Now why is this important? It is so you can run with 1 less healer if all your other healers can pick up that slack which really helps on fights with enrage or soft enrages.

Marrowgar: Easy fight beacon mt heal the other 2 if tanks are topped off feel free to toss shocks on spiked players especially if they are healers. Divine sac bonestorm bubble second divine sac if there is a 3rd. Righteous fury friendly. You need frost and fire aura for this fight as flame is fire/frost

Lady Deathwhisper: Do not use righteous fury as you will aggro casters. beacon one tank find a good spot where you can reach the other 2. Call out if your mages are slow on decursing as you do not have many spell you can afford to have locked out. Phase 2 pay attention to tank swaps so you can rotate beacon and heal raid watch out for ghosts. Side note if you have a messy p1 in 10 man remember you can help with interupts in p2. frost aura is good for this fight

Gunship: Very easy fight you can beacon the tank that goes over and heal from your boat. Also try to watch if cannon people get hit by the rend to bop them before they go in as they rarely watch their hp bars.

Deathbringer: Again easy as a healer heal tanks beacon is pretty unimportant til the first mark. Beacon the first mark and no one else needs to worry about it ever again. Righteous fury will help pull off any melee aoe that incidently hits them. Also try to help ranged you can hoj every other wave.

Festergut: Make sure jol is up i would recomend you doing it if no one else in raid is specced divinity as the extra healing can help and it is very easy to keep up during heavy raid damage time. Tank with aggro should be beaconed and you should be healing melee or ranged when they are stacked on a spore. You should be in melee range the whole fight so you don't get the throwing up debuff. Have your tanks give a 5 sec or so warning on taunt and switch beacon pre-emptively to pick up the new tank. Bubble sac the explosion thing i forget what it is for people who failed at getting enough innoculation. If you are having mana problems make sure that you shock as in melee range with icy talons you should always get a melee swing in for a sow proc. Righteous fury friendly.

Rotface: I have found it easiest to beacon the kiting tank as he takes heavier burst damage and mt damage is light. Help to heal the injections. Stay in melee range as it is easier to move from spew and you get extra mana. Also it can help to bubble sac the last explosion so you do not have to run out and there are normally quite a few injections out at this time while other healers are moving. Do not righteous fury this fight it is very bad.

Putricide: Talk your guild into doing the one side method it makes it much easier for healers and ranged. Abom should not need heals this fight but you may want to set it as focus just in case. Beacon mt heal raid while staying in melee and watching for flasks. Stack with the slime target but try to position where the knock back will be favorable to you. Pay special attention to healing the person the slime and gas spore are targeting. Watch putricides hp so you can get a free dp right as he teargases twice in the fight. For p3 try to enter with a full mana bar so you do not have to dp at all. You should focus on healing the tank with aggro and rotating your beacon to the next tank seamlessly preferably while the tank has a cd up. Other than that you need to know where he is being kited and use shock on cd so you can move into good position without losing a gcd. Most likely you will not be in melee this whole time so watch out for bouncing goo. Righteous fury friendly.

Princes: Personally i beacon the orb tank because they move around a lot and staying within range can be a pain. Try to stay of the other 2 tanks while making sure you are not near shock vortexes. Fire aura helps and hitting aura mastery when empowered fire is going to hit helps a bit. If you have a non tank doing the orb boss try and divine sac during empowered and make sure beacon and judgement are refreshed outside this bosses empowered as you want to be able to spam heal the whole time. Also being in group with that tank helps for extra divine sac absorbs. And if the "beach balls are getting close to the ground 40 yd judgement is nice to help with. Righteous fury is not something i would recomend. Almost all of your damage is avoidable and depending on the class of your ranged tank and how much they are chasing orbs around you can pull off of them.

Bql: Lots of healing. Personally 5 good healers should be enough although when you see the damage it can be tempting to go with 6. An extra dps helps with enrage timer. Make sure someone has jol up it can do 4k+healing on this fight so it is a necessity. Try to grab a spot closest to where the brainlinks meet so that you can keep your movement to a minimum. You should have plenty of globals to help with raid healing so try to focus on healing melee or shocking up a brainlink etc. Have a shaman heal melee and have him bounce ch through the tank you do not have beaconed as this will let you heal raid more and maximize his big heal on ch. Call out when you get shadows so other heals can pick it up on the tanks. Divine sac air phases and bubble one of them to break the fear if tremor is not immediate. I would personally avoid righteous fury on this fight for at least the first 2 bites as when i have used it i have found myself getting bitten which is 1. a pain and 2 a huge raid dps loss.

Dreamwalker: Get a scribe to make you a stack of sow and sol and trade them out for this fight. Also pick up the 245 libram for this fight as well. YOU CAN BEACON HER. You can beacon her prepull and then pop a speed pot and pop all cds and spam until first portal. This is so cd's are back up for bl and you should have 20-30 stacks. Make sure you get every portal stacking buffs are the key to this fight. Beg borrow and steal focus magic and power infusions. Make sure gaurdian spirit is up with wings and 2pt10 and trinket. Make sure bloodlust is right as you come out of the 3rd portal as it will last until the the start of the 5th so you get 2 uses out of it. Other healers should focus on keeping raid up your job as a paladin is to heal her up while topping everyone off when you are out. By the second portal your hl splash should be healing half of melees health pool. Try to fly with other healers as it is possible to miss clouds but they explode in 10yd radius. Make sure you always get a portal you have priority over every other class of healer for them and lack instants to go over to a new one. Try and make sure to pop a cloud right before you come out as it will give you an extra second or 2 to get one when you take the next portal. No reason you should be below 20k hps on this fight.

That is all for right now as we saved sindragosa/lk attempts for tonight but i will update if others have some good tricks to add and as i do the new content/hardmodes.
    Deathwhisper: I prefer RF on so casters are hitting the guy with a bubble instead of that tree or priest.

Festergut: Aura Mastery first Pungeant Blight explosion thingy, and when you Divine sac the second, use this macro instead

/cast Divine Sacrifice
    /cancelaura Divine Sacrifice
    What this does is turns on the divine sac, then immediately clicks it off, so you won't be absorbing any damage, but by hitting divine sac, you applied divine guardian to your raid for the raid-wide-shield-wall, save bubble for emergencies.

Dreamwalker: I LOVE this fight. I toss beacon on the tank I believe will be taking the most damage and spam heal her, but, go in with wings strong, by the time its up again for a second use, you should have a fairly sizeable stack, and you've used AW twice instead of once during the fight. Same goes with DI, hit it at the start and then again when its up, two uses > one timed use. And yes, Seal of light, spellpower trinkets.

For fun: Pandora's plea proc, talisman of resurgence use, guardian spirit, divine hymn, divine illumination, avenging wrath, and beg for a bloodlust. It'll make your pants tight.

I prefer to beacon her as it gives flexibility in healing and the splash on you holy light will heal for 10k+ after about the 3rd or 4th portal. Do not forget fm.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk
    I prefer to beacon her as it gives flexibility in healing and the splash on you holy light will heal for 10k+ after about the 3rd or 4th portal. Do not forget fm.
    My guild tends to tank everything pretty much on her so that aoe hits suppressors as well as any grubs, etc, so my splash can hit pretty much anyone off of her. But it really all depends on what your guild does