Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Predicting the next hero class

I love the idea of a healer that can tank lol oh the endless pvp possibilities LAWL

Quote Originally Posted by letstalklikepirates
    Blizzard will do what will be most popular with the people. If the majority of the people want demon hunters Blizzard will make it so.
    It won't be demonhunters, because we just got a melee class. So the next class should be ranged.

Melee can combind caster aspects and melee aspects to make a large number of combinations.
    Make it a combined caster/ranged instead of caster/melee, and you might have a point.

Plus Demon Hunters are the most popular choice for next class.
    For 12yo's.
    I'm sorry, but i just have to tell you that you are an ignorant, closed minded fool, and you need to chill out, think more, and quit being such a douche. Your responses are shrill, closed minded, and ignorant. You need to think outside the box sometimes, and realize its blizzards game and you are not ghostcrawler.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonwar
    This is the hero class I predict, but first, I have to point out of a few things that are currently in-game.

DKs are the opposites of pallies. Both wear plate
    Warlocks are opposites of Mages. Both wear cloth

The next hero class will be the opposites of a forgotten class that blizzard shits on regularly lately: Shamans.

That's right, the next hero class should be the Witch Doctor.

A mail-wearing Caster DPS with helpful buffs and excellent crowd control. A new feature available to them is that they'll only be able to dual wield; unique to casters. No Staves or off-handers. Now, WDs will dual wield melee weapons. They will have weapon buffs similar to shammies, such as a shammy's firetongue wep. Like the lock, the WD will have DoTs available to them, and the shadow tree will focus mainly on DoT damage similar to the lock's aff tree.

Talent Trees: Voodoo/Storm/Shadow

The voodoo tree will specialize mostly in crowd control and the ability to summon minions, such as zombie dogs and dark totems (Keep in mind WDs won;t have totems available to them like shammies; only 1 or 2 available though talents) Example of spell: Hex. Different than a shammy's though, like how a lock's death coil is different than a DK's. If such a class would come to light, it would be the cookie cutter tree for PvP and such.

The storm tree will be very similar to a Shaman's Elemental tree, which will focus on direct-damage spells. Example of spell: Finger of Death

The Shadow tree will focus on DotS. Example of spell: Shadow Shock.
    As good as this may sounds they would never do it reason being.....Witch Doctor is in Diablo 3 and they will not bring over a same class they have for an upcoming game that could very well be the end of WoW.

Buccaneer
    Buccaneer
    BUCCANEER!!!

Come on, I've had the name Guybrush saved for SO long just for it!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ocajavati
    I agree.

DK screwed the whole class balance to hell for a long, long while, with none of the DK players willing to admit it.

Another sad attempt at adding another "hero" class would be hell, really.
    I'll be the first to admit we did fuck it up, but hey not our fault blizzard made the class.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

NO MORE HERO CLASSES

/end of discussion

Herald of the Titans Baabinator's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by ocajavati
    I agree.

DK screwed the whole class balance to hell for a long, long while, with none of the DK players willing to admit it.

Another sad attempt at adding another "hero" class would be hell, really.
    There was class balance before DK??
    Scars show you the remnants and failures of the past.

~¡¡¡!!!AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, STOP ASKING ABOUT MY AVATAR, I DON'T KNOW!!!¡¡¡~

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by SarahWalker
    ONE MORE HERO CLASSES

/end of discussion
    Fixed for you we need a healing hero class I say the class should be a monk. Just because Monks are cool.
    IF I HAD ONE

Dragonsworn: Mail wearing hybrid.

Fits in well with an Emerald Dream expansion.

Gundrak, Oceanic PvP

I think the next hero class will be a Demon Hunter if they bring in the Emerald Dream. Why? Because its demons corrupting the Emerald Dream. The demon hunter will probably be a melee dps.

A funny thing i want to see is a melee Healer. Yes, a melee Healer. Don't you want to see someone running up to you and heal?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bossmonkey View Post
    He doesn't want to go to Northrend. He doesn't have coldweather flying.

God I love posts like this!

I like this description.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimsonwar
    This is the hero class I predict, but first, I have to point out of a few things that are currently in-game.

DKs are the opposites of pallies. Both wear plate
    Warlocks are opposites of Mages. Both wear cloth

The next hero class will be the opposites of a forgotten class that blizzard shits on regularly lately: Shamans.

That's right, the next hero class should be the Witch Doctor.

A mail-wearing Caster DPS with helpful buffs and excellent crowd control. A new feature available to them is that they'll only be able to dual wield; unique to casters. No Staves or off-handers. Now, WDs will dual wield melee weapons. They will have weapon buffs similar to shammies, such as a shammy's firetongue wep. Like the lock, the WD will have DoTs available to them, and the shadow tree will focus mainly on DoT damage similar to the lock's aff tree.

Talent Trees: Voodoo/Storm/Shadow

The voodoo tree will specialize mostly in crowd control and the ability to summon minions, such as zombie dogs and dark totems (Keep in mind WDs won;t have totems available to them like shammies; only 1 or 2 available though talents) Example of spell: Hex. Different than a shammy's though, like how a lock's death coil is different than a DK's. If such a class would come to light, it would be the cookie cutter tree for PvP and such.

The storm tree will be very similar to a Shaman's Elemental tree, which will focus on direct-damage spells. Example of spell: Finger of Death

The Shadow tree will focus on DotS. Example of spell: Shadow Shock.
    I'd say that the voodoo tree is a healing tree!

Now what I am hoping for is Ranger.
    Why? because we only got 1 class using ranged weapons (as their main)

Ranger:
    Uses leather or mail. But I would give them leather to differentiate from Hunters.
    NO PETS!

Has a "dark" tree, so the character becomes a "Dark Ranger".

Has a "warden" tree. Yeah. You guessed it. This would probably be more of a melee tree though.

Has a.. Don't really know. But I thought maby with some tweaking, giving them ha "Shadow Form" like ability. And turning the ranger into a "Banshee" in the last tree! :P

Another idea is "Blademaster"/"Runemaster".

I personaly don't know much about "Runemaster". But it seems to be a popular choice on these forums. And it is more than possible to mix these two, as far as I understand.
    Now Runemaster as far as I understand it uses only cloth. But that can easely be fitted to lore to leather or even mail. But Blademasters are also lightly armored.

You could have the "Runemaster" be the main theme of the class. And then implementing "Blademaster" as one of the talents.

Then there is "how does Runemaster work?". I would imagin, that in a fantasy setting he would bind the elements to protect him and destroy his enemies. So the trees are divided into simple elements. Air, water and earth. Game mechanics. Easy. You take the DK's runesystem, changes the name of the runes (to air, water and earth). But he still uses runic power I guess.

- We have 4 rage using speccs.
    - 4 (are hunters also getting it? then it is 7) using focus.
    - 17 (20 if hunters stay with mana) using mana. And 14 if paladins are getting something else.
    - 3 using runic power

So I don't see a problem for "Runemasters" also using it. Also the "Ranger" class I mentioned previously could use it in another form.

So you have the "Air" tree. It is the tree where the "Runemaster" becomes more in "your face" like. Where a strong gale will throw trees at you and smashes your skull with branches/metal poles that go through whatever cover you have found yourself.
    This is the "martial" tree. You take that big sword/axe and smash anything in your way in a furious whirlwind (yes I know warriors already have those abilities).

I am in doubt where to put the healing tree. Water is tecnically taken by shamans. So we could put it into the earth tree and tweak it into a more shielding and protecting tree, much like disc priests. And if that is the case water would be where he goes into close quarter armed only with fists and pummels his foes. Could make the water into a melee-"HoT" tree.?

Sounds insane. But that is why I love this kind of posts!

To end it of. All I can say is PLEASE DEAR GOD! No Dragonsworn. I am sorry. But many of you have come up with some pretty cool ideas. But if they implement it (I really doubt they will). It will remove everything that is "mysterious" with dragons.
    And Tinker and Alchemysts. No. Just no.

Hope my rambelings made any sence to some of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I will remember the Colosseum.
    Damn right I will be happy with whatever the hell they create when I keep that raid in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by FailHulk
    I think the next hero class will be a Demon Hunter if they bring in the Emerald Dream. Why? Because its demons corrupting the Emerald Dream. The demon hunter will probably be a melee dps.

A funny thing i want to see is a melee Healer. Yes, a melee Healer. Don't you want to see someone running up to you and heal?
    They'd be put at a disadvantage - maybe make up for that with bigger heals? <shrug>.

Still a monk-like melee healer. Do want.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

I want a healing hero class thats also as ridiculously overpowered as the DK was! ;D

10+ Year Old Account

Although I am an enemy to the hero classes, I must say that the most likely are: Demon Hunter and Warden. But given your comments...

Quote Originally Posted by starvethedead
    Armor type: mail/leather
    Armor stats: heal/caster
    Role: caster dps w/ possibility of both tank and heal
    ... the hero class that would fit would be the Demon Hunter.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor

Also Blizzard never said they would make another one, all we know is that there isn't going to be one in Cataclysm.
    They never said they won't make one either think about it

"A spirit walker's ancient eyes shine with the light of a thousand souls. His body is a vessel, a conduit from the land of the dead to the land of the living. Through him rushes the power and the knowledge of his tribal ancestors, a rush that both intoxicates and disorients. The spirit walker wields the power of countless minds if he proves strong enough to bear the weight of so many souls."

http://www.wowwiki.com/Spirit_walker

THAT is what I'd like to see. A class that gains its powers from the spirits it channels. This opens up the possibility for Spirit Walkers to perform just about any roll. I imagine the mechanic of channeling different spirits being similar to Warrior stances. Channeling, say, the "Pious Hero's Spirit", would be a healer stance. "Elemental Master's Spirit" could be a caster DPS stance, "Grand Defender's Spirit" could be a tanking stance, "Vengeful Warrior's Spirit" could be melee DPS, or "Ancient Hunter's Spirit" would be ranged physical DPS.

Of course, I'm not suggesting they have access to all of those (I imagine that would make for some messy talent trees...) They're just suggestions of what would technically be possible. I imagine they would have healer, caster DPS, and one other.

As for Spirit Walkers being exclusively Taurens in previous lore... It's not unreasonable to think that they exist for other races. Other Shamanistic/Druidic races, such as Orcs, Trolls, Draenei, Dwarves, and Night Elves wouldn't be outrageous. And if Blizzard wanted to keep up the whole "All races can be the hero class" idea, than one could simply say that Spirit Walkers exist among other races, but simply are known by other names. (The idea of humans channeling the spirits of the dead is certainly not a new concept in real life.)

But that's just what I'd like to see.

I`d like to see a pure healing class.. although I doubt that would ever happen considering every healer would flock to something so awesome since it would probably have the aspects of every healing class, unless they think of something to make it incredibly unique.

And of course, demon hunters or a dark ranger.
    *Insert every single ridiculous PC parts detail here that no one cares about*

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Earthwarden :P
    Insert Signiture here.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Spartanoble
    Earthwarden :P
    Isn't that basically called a shaman? But maybe a plate spell casting class. One that is like a caster but uses plate this way paladins can get they're holy gear stolen and maybe used instead of disenchanted
    IF I HAD ONE

To be honest, I don't think that Blizzard will be adding another hero class. The Death Knight took too long to get to fit it in with the rest of the classes (some would say it still doesn't).