Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
2
10
11
12
  1. #221

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by member9889
    I simply heard two or three people saying in vent "Whoa, did you see that?" followed by our raid leader stating "Whatever you did just now, do it again next phase."
    Yes, well, what else can he say? "Whatever you did, don't do it again. Less DPS and healing and worse tanking, please"?

    However, I don't believe for a second that Ensidia doesn't have a video about their "world first", whether this post by Anonymous is real or not.

  2. #222

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah
    This is very true, and I have no doubt they are watching very closely what professions/gems/enchants/glyphs high end raiders have, but even with all the theorycraft available you cant be as good player as somebody else while practically playing his toon.
    And I agree, and will also admit that we have no clue of how their internal testing goes. But based on past experience, even in this expansion, you would think that at this point they would do every possible thing in the epitome of all of their final encounters to make sure something doesn't go unintended.

  3. #223

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Auria
    Blizz isnt the bad monster in this....but Blizzard should either SHED some light OR....
    extend there Testing periods and test everything that could be possible.
    i know it takes time.
    make some time then.
    the real problem with the encounter was that it was never tested on PTR, blizz just ASSUMED it was bugfree without any real testing
    sure they probably had some GMs or people in the company try it, but how can you gain data of such a small group while PTR gets data of several attempts on the encounter

    blizz is to blame indeed, but just cause they wanted to keep something hidden and didnt properly test it, doesnt give them any right to ban players who accidently stumble upon a bug that blizz themselves didnt find
    Quote Originally Posted by Scimitar View Post
    Someone believes the earth is flat, call them stupid.
    Someone believes Andorra is in Africa, call them uneducated.
    Someone believes you can go make coffee in the back of your car because it's set on "autopilot", call them retarded.
    But if someone believes a magical bearded man rewards you with eternal life in the clouds as long as you drink the magical whine-blood of a long dead carpenter in church, don't you dare argue with his beliefs.

  4. #224

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by dreadrune
    blizz is to blame indeed, but just cause they wanted to keep something hidden and didnt properly test it, doesnt give them any right to ban players who accidently stumble upon a bug that blizz themselves didnt find
    The same can be said about Exodus kill then. The kill that Ensidia denounced.

  5. #225

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    If I would've been the one deciding about the ban, I would've banned them for the mere arrogane of their statement on their website.

  6. #226

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Now lets look at the facts, and make some reasonable assumptions. First off, Ensidia beat the lich king encounter with a bug, fact. Second, said bug was caused by saronite bombs, which rogues have been using for months in there rotation, fact. Ensidia knew that the encounter was bugging out, assumption. Ensida didn't know what was causing it, assumption. I think it is safe to say that those 4 things are true. So what should Ensidia have done? Put in a GM ticket and waited for a GM to respond while competing for a world first kill, or just roll with it? Or maybe they should have tried to figure out what was causing the bug? Well the latter of the three is not very likely, the encounter has limited attempts therefore it is unreasonable to expect that by anyones standards. As for the former 2, when competing for world firsts, is it reasonable to expect a top end guild to delay there progression attempts to report a bugged encounter to a GM, and to have said GM go through and fix it? Probably not. Even if they had a "direct line" to a game master, it would still have taken a good hour or more to get the bug fixed. So was what they did wrong? Probably. Should we have expected something different? No. Bottom line, what they did was wrong, but there really isn't anything else we could have expected them to do. Was this blizzards fault? Partially. Should they be blamed for it? No, they are only human. Everyone makes mistakes things slip through the cracks.

  7. #227

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    Ensidia knew that the encounter was bugging out, assumption.
    It's not an assumption, they were the first to post about the bug (before the hotfix). Even Kungen refers to it on his blog.

    Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood888
    Should we have expected something different?
    Yes. The moment they denounced Exodus, they became the moral focus of the game.

  8. #228

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Howdyho
    If I would've been the one deciding about the ban, I would've banned them for the mere arrogane of their statement on their website.
    Pretty much this. I hope that in the 72 hours break they realize that they are not godlike and that they do not control the whole WoW community like they claimed.

  9. #229

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Okey, you say you blame this on blizzard. What if you local bank would install a new atm and it had a glitch that gives you 100 times the money you are taking out. And you use it, its still a Felony even if its not your fault that the atm is doing it.

    I think the ban is stupid, but the fact remains. Ensidia found a bug, used it and then reported it (im guessing). Maybe to prevent others from finding it, or maybe cause they wanted to help blizzard only they know. I dont think Ensidia cares about the ban, as the OP says im guessing the real damage is done to there name. Even if this is a troll or not.

  10. #230

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Problem here is quite clearly blizzard, and the handling of such issues is terrible in my opinion. Ensidia are regularly linked to such bugs and abuse of mechanics, let me ask, why is that?

    because they have consistently been the first guild to arrive at those encounters. The issue is blizzard shoddy testing and lack of vision, if they were a bit more concise on such things and thought ahead then these situations would not arise in the first place.

    A ban, temporary or not, because of an enocunter they designed, they did not test correctly was bugged and resulted in a kill on a first time visit which could warrent no pre remptive or ill concieved plot, is shameful.

    The current employ on the blizzard forums whereby they are banning anyone attempting to discuss said incidents is nothing short of a dicatorship.

    The company should be embarassed and ashamed of their actions and response.

    /2 cents.

  11. #231

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    I was always taught that if you found a glitch or bug that you could exploit to make the game easier in any way, its just best not to do it. Now i understand that it was part of a rogues "normal" rotation, but they really shouldn't have done it if they KNEW the platforms were re-spawning (something that, common sense would tell you, Blizzard did not want to have happen).

    I'm honestly proud of Blizzard for banning them and hope that more people will actually try and play the game like it's MEANT to be played instead of glitching it to make themselves better. Good on 'em. Oh, and if the entire guild disbands, whatever, just a few less people to do with in the world.
    Arrogance is a weapon used by the stupid to make themselves seem smart. It doesn't work.

  12. #232

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Thread locked. OP, next time you try to start a rumor about Ensidia, don't use an US IP. ^^

    Stick to the Ensidia news post on the front page for any discussion related to the subject.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •