Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    I appreciate you, you are atleast one of the people that are not idiots.

    Everyone should just read this post and shut the hell up about Ensidia.
    You assume they knew exactly what they were doing. I doubt it.


    EDIT: I've seen so many people comlpin about this, some don't even realise. The siege damage part of the bombs DID NO DAMAGE IN ITSELF. It was merely the effect of siege damage in an area where blizzard had not planned for it (wrongly, rogues have been using those bombs for months) that affected the platform.

    Shadow Priest Main
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.

  2. #42

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    It's Blizzards fault for not testing properly. This ban is a low blow against their own fans, and I would be surprised if Ensidia continues to support Blizzard the way they once did.

    A more reasonable approach would have been to strip them of the achiv and reset their instance, so they would have a chance to do it non-bugged.
    it was also blizzard's fault for not testing properly when exodus was banned. this ban is not a low blow against anything.. its well deserved for this and all the exploiting they did before

  3. #43

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    The fact that more people would have exploited the bug doesn't make it any less wrong on Ensidia's part.

    "But Officer, those people behind me are going to be speeding too!"
    This is why I rarely bother joining discussions on the internet. I have to keep repeating myself.

    I'm fine with Ensidia getting punished, if they indeed purposefully took advantage of an unintended weakness in the encounter. I do believe a 72 hour ban is way over the top though, and it's no way to treat paying customers when there is reasonable doubt.

    And there IS reasonable doubt, unless Blizzard managed to tap into Ensidias ventrilo, and heard Kungen yell "lolol guys lets exploit this boss by using grenades".
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

  4. #44

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Thanks for "Owning up 2 it"... Everyone know there was a Fraps of the fight hell there is probably 4 or 5 different videos.. To me u seem real, and really sorry.. Nice to see someone from Ensidia has some real class.. GL n the future bro.. And @ whomever said he would of used his real name.. Why would he? so he can get smear'd by Ensidia and posted have bad things posted by him all over the net by Ensidia?? (and yes they would, look at what all they said about Exodus when they xploited Ulduar , I think every member of Ensidia had something bad to say about them)... Thanks again OP..

  5. #45

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    I assume by your post that you believe I'm not aware of the rules. I am aware of the rules, and notice that I refer to them as rules and not law. It's a game.

    Blizzard has the right to enforce their rules, but it was an incredibly short sighted decision to judge Ensidia so harshly, when any other top-end guild would have done the same.
    And any other top guild would have been banned. It's shocking to many that Ensidia did get banned since they haven't in the past in similar situations. You should be complementing Blizzard for finally treating them like any other guild.

    Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Exactly. Of course they could have. They probably even should have.
    But, realistically, would you? Would anyone? (Serious answers, not jsut trying to make yourself look good)
    I know I wouldn't.
    I would and have. We frown upon using known exploits in our guild. Because, we're not cheaters. Obviously we're not world firsters or even close to it but that doesn't mean that all world first types are devoid of self-respect and good morale judgment.

  6. #46

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    GM's are on high alert? The only proof that you could present to support your argument, would be to show that Ensidia has some sort of direct line to the top of Blizzard. If they write a ticket, they have to go through the same system as everyone else.

    It's like calling 911 and expecting the President to answer the call. Be realistic.
    Tigole said quite a few times that even game devs watch guilds trying World Firsts.

  7. #47

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by keke
    I appreciate you, you are atleast one of the people that are not idiots.

    Everyone should just read this post and shut the hell up about Ensidia.
    This!!!!!!!!!!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    You assume they knew exactly what they were doing. I doubt it.


    EDIT: I've seen so many people comlpin about this, some don't even realise. The siege damage part of the bombs DID NO DAMAGE IN ITSELF. It was merely the effect of siege damage in an area where blizzard had not planned for it (wrongly, rogues have been using those bombs for months) that affected the platform.
    And to this... He just said the guild leaders had thoughts that the Bombs were causing the bugg... so for you to even post that in this thread is ridiculous...

  8. #48

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    LOL just look at all the engineers in the guild on the armory, ofc they knew it was an exploit and they used it, cheating bastards.

  9. #49
    The Playwright Mistress Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Exactly. Of course they could have. They probably even should have.
    But, realistically, would you? Would anyone? (Serious answers, not jsut trying to make yourself look good)
    I know I wouldn't.
    Some people actually value their moral over internet fame and digital achievements.

    I don't know if anyone else noticed, but when the Argent Tournament was released, the champion's purse had a bug that allowed you to loot them over and over again, receiving what they had inside, but still managing to keep the bag in your inventory to again loot from the bag. This bug could had potentially made me rich beyond word in game, not only by repetitively gaining 10 gold from the purse, but also through pets from champion seals. But the moment I noticed I had been given the content of a total of 4 bags while still having 2 left, I reported it on the spot (no, I didn't had left overs from last day, champion's purse back then were valuable because they could contain a seal).

    The GM was so nice to let me keep the 20 gold and one extra seal I had gotten because I was honest. If I had repeated it, I could probably had been able to buy the epic flying I bought a month ago.... but most likely a month ago I wouldn't had been playing anymore since I would had been banned.

    *EDIT*

    Picture of when it happened too for the none believers : http://i50.tinypic.com/nyh8xy.jpg

    notice the inventory in upper right has 4 purses (one with the cursor on it to identify it as one) and in the bottom left corner you can see that there's two "You loot 10 gold", but still having 4 bags.

    And yes, the bug was fixed, this picture was almost 2 weeks after the tournament release ( I remember the date because I diligently worked on the dailies to get the tanking axe).
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

    The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

  10. #50

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

  11. #51

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    I think BLizz is being a little over the top here. There is a very reasonable doubt that they didn't know what was happening or causing the glitch. Bombs have been being used in rogues rotations for awhile, and engineering is a popular skill. I don't beleive at all they purposelly tried for this bug. Kungen may have told his members to keep doing what they were doing, but we'll never know considering the vent won't ever be released. Besides, it's Blizz's own fault that they didn't test the instance properly.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

  12. #52

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    The funny thing about all the new born moral apostles are probably the guys despawning second boss in AN or doing similar stuff to give them an advantage. Its always like that when whores suddenly turn into nuns
    ____________________________________________

    Myrddin,Stormforged, EU-Ravencrest
    Website: mmo-game.eu,YouTube: myrddinde, Twitter: @MyrddinDE
    ____________________________________________

  13. #53

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Fawz
    Blank blog?

  14. #54

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    http://www.mmo-champion.com/general-discussions-22/world-of-warcraft-lore-by-richard-knaak-(spoilers)/

  15. #55

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    This is not like hiding away in a brain room while watching "Evade" fly over the heads of countless mobs. It was a bug in the encounter which was happening by a player doing what they do in every fight.

    Imagine if Lich King was so bugged that he was one shot by one saronite bomb. What then? Ban them because the rogue did what he does on every fight? I am not an Ensidia fan or supporter... but like I said to our guild last night, if we were on him, the same shit would happen to us because our one engineer rogue constantly uses saronite nades.

    Are people actually saying that Ensidia should have known what was happening in an encounter that was being seen for the first time? They should have some how magically noticed that grenades that were doing no other damage than the damage to the NPC's were the reason?

    That's like saying the driver behind the wheel should have known there was a screw loose in his chassis.

  16. #56

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Typically whichever guild gets a world first kill gets a 72 hour ban and the kill reset. this time it happened to be ensidia. if they feel they have something to prove, they can get world first heroic or hardmode kill, Without using any bugs or such.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

  17. #57

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Can you seriously all say, if you were in a position to get a WORLD FIRST on the Lich King 25, and something was going wierdly right for you, you would wipe it and open a ticket?


    No, thought not. Stop flaming.
    Well, that was what we did in Atlas Shrugged - EU Doomhammer - Anub normal mode.
    We had a change at EU first but it bugged for us - and we intentional wiped at 8%
    While i know it wasnt a HC we DO have the integrity to wipe and report bugs when they occure, and it allso explains why we dont have any first kills.

    Believe me or not, there are some honest guilds out there.
    What you've just wrote is one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response was there anything that could even be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul!

  18. #58
    The Playwright Mistress Elizabeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    1,022

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by Tablemaker
    This is not like hiding away in a brain room while watching "Evade" fly over the heads of countless mobs. It was a bug in the encounter which was happening by a player doing what they do in every fight.

    Imagine if Lich King was so bugged that he was one shot by one saronite bomb. What then? Ban them because the rogue did what he does on every fight? I am not an Ensidia fan or supporter... but like I said to our guild last night, if we were on him, the same shit would happen to us because our one engineer rogue constantly uses saronite nades.

    Are people actually saying that Ensidia should have known what was happening in an encounter that was being seen for the first time? They should have some how magically noticed that grenades that were doing no other damage than the damage to the NPC's were the reason?

    That's like saying the driver behind the wheel should have known there was a screw loose in his chassis.
    I doubt the reliability or legitness (invented words for the win) of the original post in which this that I'm about to say is contained but...

    Apparently they did notice they bugged it when the Guild Master said "Whatever you did, do it again on the next phase".

    This would cover the first bolded part. The second bolder part (from "magically knowing").. well, if they had noticed at first there was something bugged, they could have, while fighting, asked people what they did, and most likely would have had a few suspicious culprit of the bug, then would have proceeded to test each and everyone separately to see which one triggered it. Thus knowing what in fact did do it and then asking not to do so again.
    Elizabeth, Paladin of Stormwind, read the story of A Paladin in the Making.
    Featuring now: Agent Vanseph, human Rogue agent of SI: 7, and Floral, the mysterious night elf Huntress
    accompanied by Hummer, ex-lion Pridelord!

    The Dog sheds its fur! It's actually a chick?!

  19. #59

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    Quote Originally Posted by GISP
    Well, that was what we did in Atlas Shrugged - EU Doomhammer - Anub normal mode.
    We had a change at EU first but it bugged for us - and we intentional wiped at 8%
    While i know it wasnt a HC we DO have the integrity to wipe and report bugs when they occure, and it allso explains why we dont have any first kills.

    Believe me or not, there are some honest guilds out there.
    As a fellow Doomhammerite (or whatever word :P ), I'd just like to vouch for this dude here. Knew about it having happened, and AS are a great bunch of guys.

  20. #60

    Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

    The thing that pisses me off the most is that Blizzard actually watched us kill Arthas yesterday just like they did when we killed Illidan. But on Illidan they actually hotfixed the bug on the spot. Now they watched the fight and decided to ban us after we killed him.
    maybe he should have put in a ticket then?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •