Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: The Ensidia Incident Explained

Quote Originally Posted by kailtas
    Thats not a valid argument for breaking the ''law'' if i can call it that.
    Valid argument? Law? If Blizzard had done their job, it would not be possible to break the "law". Perhaps you need to read my post again. The point of my argument was to show that what happened to Ensidia, could have happened to any other top guild. Focusing all your rage on Ensidia is wrong, when you should be blaming either the level of competition or the craftsmanship of Blizzards product.
    Whining about WoW since closed beta.
    Retired from WoW since patch 4.0.6.

what would of happened if they put in a ticket while still fighting? would they still get the ban? then if they got the ban they could always say hey we put in a ticket it's not our fault yall so slow at anwsering them lol

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Blizzard filters tickets, which is why some tickets are extremely quick (stuck) while others can take days for a response (hacked account). Blizzard also has a tendency to drop in on high end guilds from time to time, evidenced by sunwell when KJ was bugging and a GM was already there to assist them (unsure of which guild exactly at the time though, but it was during attempts to get world first).
    That is not proof, only speculation.

Quote Originally Posted by RestoRiven
    Ensidia doesn't need a GM ticket.

I am sure some of the barriers between the players and the devs/GMs are taken down at their level of play. I'm talking about corporate e-mail to developers, office telephone numbers and the like. They could have reported this FAST if they wanted to.
    Again, only speculation and assumptions.

Quote Originally Posted by Elica
    That is not proof, only speculation.
    Not speculation, if it happened before why can it not happen again? Also:
    "EDIT: And further proof is that it was hotfixed so quickly after the kill. They wouldnt know about the bug if somebody didnt report it, so somewhere along the line somebody reported it and it was hotfixed within an hour of their kill."

Quote Originally Posted by noxxous
    never releasing fraps is pretty much what exodus did. However, they didn't bitch out quit the game and try to tell people to act like it never existed, which is what will happen with this for the most part. I know they had a rage post about it and whatnot but seriously. Ensidia is a disappointment in general and way over hyped
    If you are talking about the bugged Yogg +0 video, that WAS released. It has no vent but you can see the players' chatbox and the Immortal Guardians standing around.

On topic:

Maybe it was cheating but I can't really call it premeditated if mid-fight the raid leader said to do again what they just did and it worked. Was it wrong? Maybe. Would I have obeyed the raid leader? For sure. Would I, as the raid leader, made the call to do it and get a World First? Most likely.

15+ Year Old Account

They got caught.....again. This time they got their punishment.

"If I recall correctly I just posted that this topic is not to be discussed any further." -Ensidia Fanclub Founder

ensidia have their own forum accounts.

Gota say i rofld irl when i first saw it.

They needed a good ban.

People can say "oh well it was an accident" but w/e they knew what they wer doing and knew it was bad "lol yogg 0 first kill"

And people can say "oh well its blizz's fault for allowing it to bug" well even though its the first ever boss fight to have a bug and not be 100% non faulty *cough* its not like they can notice evry detail that may go wrong.

Iv seen some bugs that have been around for a while that blizz never got around to fix, ZG tiger boss is one i can think of (fixd it now but was like it for a while)

For so called "fans" of a group of people who just play this game more then any one else who should care if they get band anyway , they violated the game and wer punishd. One of our guilds 10 mans got server first FL 4from a bug but got suspended for 2 days i laughd really hard but we didnt get angry over it, they bugd it and got found out.

So enjoy the suspension Ensidia GL with HM world first, try to evade bug him... ;D

I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer
    Not speculation, if it happened before why can it not happen again? Also:
    "EDIT: And further proof is that it was hotfixed so quickly after the kill. They wouldnt know about the bug if somebody didnt report it, so somewhere along the line somebody reported it and it was hotfixed within an hour of their kill."
    It IS speculation. You cannot say something will happen, just because it has happened before. You can speculate that it will.

The kill became public knowledge, thanks to sites like MMO-Champ, within minutes. It's possible that Blizzard checked the kill log when they became aware of the kill, and noticed the siege damage from the grenades.

The reason to why they hotfixed it right away, was to prevent other guilds from taking advantage of it, which said guilds would have.

Valid argument? Law? If Blizzard had done their job, it would not be possible to break the "law". Perhaps you need to read my post again. The point of my argument was to show that what happened to Ensidia, could have happened to any other top guild. Focusing all your rage on Ensidia is wrong, when you should be blaming either the level of competition or the craftsmanship of Blizzards product.
    I suggest you read the EULA and TOS that you accept after each patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceara
    I suggest you read the EULA and TOS that you accept after each patch.
    I assume by your post that you believe I'm not aware of the rules. I am aware of the rules, and notice that I refer to them as rules and not law. It's a game.

Blizzard has the right to enforce their rules, but it was an incredibly short sighted decision to judge Ensidia so harshly, when any other top-end guild would have done the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Abb
    Can you seriously all say, if you were in a position to get a WORLD FIRST on the Lich King 25, and something was going wierdly right for you, you would wipe it and open a ticket?

No, thought not. Stop flaming.
    Yes, because instead of looking like complete dumbasses as they do now they could have just put in a ticket. I mean it was only what, 10 minutes after their kill the problem was fixed? And they said they were 100% certain without the bug they could have killed the lich king. I'm sure if an Ensidia member puts in a ticket about a bugged encounter on the lich king it would be dealt with sooner than me or you put in a ticket.

Blizzard has the right to enforce their rules, but it was an incredibly short sighted decision to judge Ensidia so harshly, when any other top-end guild would have done the same.
    The fact that more people would have exploited the bug doesn't make it any less wrong on Ensidia's part.

"But Officer, those people behind me are going to be speeding too!"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by hawtlol
    Yes, because instead of looking like complete dumbasses as they do now they could have just put in a ticket. I mean it was only what, 10 minutes after their kill the problem was fixed? And they said they were 100% certain without the bug they could have killed the lich king. I'm sure if an Ensidia member puts in a ticket about a bugged encounter on the lich king it would be dealt with sooner than me or you put in a ticket.
    they could have just put in a ticket.
    could have
    Exactly. Of course they could have. They probably even should have.
    But, realistically, would you? Would anyone? (Serious answers, not jsut trying to make yourself look good)
    I know I wouldn't.

Your speculating that they would all do the same thing ;D.
    "The best way to predict the future is to invent it." - Alan Kay
    "..We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity.." - H.P. Lovecraft.
    Awesome Rave Blog ------> http://www.fuckyeahhumans.blogspot.com/ <------ Awesome Rave Blog
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...leigh/advanced

15+ Year Old Account

I laugh pretty hard at anyone who actually thinks this kid is in Ensidia. ???

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Mortalman
    Your speculating that they would all do the same thing ;D.
    Scroll up.

I assume by your post that you believe I'm not aware of the rules. I am aware of the rules, and notice that I refer to them as rules and not law. It's a game.

Speculation : They were probably being watched by a GM, and had they reported a bug or even yelled in /s they probably could have gotten help on it and not been banned, maybe missed a world first but not banned..

Fact: They now look like asshats because they knowingly completed a bug encounter and then proceeded to brag about it, where as the alternative is to knowingly complete a bugged encounter while at the same time putting in tickets and explaining to their fanboys aka you that it probably shouldn't be considered a legit kill and that they will do it right next time.

Either way Paragon killed him without wiping so Paragon > Ensidia

It IS speculation. You cannot say something will happen, just because it has happened before. You can speculate that it will.

The kill became public knowledge, thanks to sites like MMO-Champ, within minutes. It's possible that Blizzard checked the kill log when they became aware of the kill, and noticed the siege damage from the grenades.

The reason to why they hotfixed it right away, was to prevent other guilds from taking advantage of it, which said guilds would have.
    So mine is speculation whereas for you it is a definitive fact. In every past endgame boss that receives no PTR testing blizzard has had a presence for many top guilds. If it was done for the past 5 years there is no reason to believe that they would suddenly leave it be on one of the most anticipated fights in the game.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by keke
    I appreciate you, you are atleast one of the people that are not idiots.

Everyone should just read this post and shut the hell up about Ensidia.
    You assume they knew exactly what they were doing. I doubt it.

EDIT: I've seen so many people comlpin about this, some don't even realise. The siege damage part of the bombs DID NO DAMAGE IN ITSELF. It was merely the effect of siege damage in an area where blizzard had not planned for it (wrongly, rogues have been using those bombs for months) that affected the platform.