Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
  1. #141

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Even though I like to be competitive with EU vs US I have no problem giving congratulations to those that truly deserve it.

    So, congratz Paragon!

    Way to bring respect back to EU after Ensidia's bullshit exploit and then immature tantrum to follow tried to completely destroy it.

  2. #142

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by markovicious
    If you check out their site, they spent their 20 attempts on an alt run to figure out all the mechanics. The fight itself is not terribly complicated, but it has multiple phases and you must be aware of all of them at the same time. The hardest part about a world-first kill like LK is that it has never been released, so NO mechanics were known at release. Why do you think so many guilds still haven't even attempted LK yet? Most are waiting to watch these world first videos and see the mechanics and strategy behind it before wasting attempts trying to figure out mechanics. Even 10man mechanics are slightly different and cannot be 100% guaranteed to be the same as in the 25 man version. If you have an alt team capable of getting to LK then you can and should be spending the few hours early in the week on those alts to fraps every fight and live log to ensure you can figure out every single mechanic before wasting any attempts due to testing on your mains. 100% probable that they did it on their first attempt with their mains.
    Well, it is 5 am here mate, and I should really be in bed. I'll look into it tomorrow ^^

    My guild formed three 10 mans to see the fight, so what you say is very true. I believe LK fight wasn't on PTR. I'm too drowzy to check it.

    Still, one shotting it is a big deal to me. Damn impressive I might add.
    "So, he sent a succubus to seduce you, and lure you down to his side. And yet, first thing you do is to check her ass? Ah, kid, you've got much to learn.."

  3. #143

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by SPF18
    Does no one else find it a tad bit strange that they didn't record the fight?

    Or does it not seem plausible at all that there was a GM watching them and saw them, and it was obvious they knew what they were doing?
    BL released their 10m vid yesterday, there was also many streams showing parts of the fight on the front page.
    the fight doesn't look like it has many(if any) game breaking mechanics that would make it harder than any other fight with stuff on the ground and a phase with an aoe( reminds me of noth :/) BUUUUT all the vids and streams that i saw didn't show the mourne room, so i could be wrong
    PlayStation suporter.
    fb_Scud / RPG-HAD

  4. #144

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Congrats to Paragon. And damn, Diivil has alot of achievements!

  5. #145

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    gz on kill, not bad being world second

  6. #146
    Pit Lord Drarion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Sweden, Gothenburg, Stormrage
    Posts
    2,358

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    Who cares? ???
    Imo World First belongs to Ensidia.

  7. #147

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    Imo World First belongs to Ensidia.
    How can it possibly belong to Ensidia now? I'm not even going to go into this whole debate (or, I'll try) .. But really, intentionally or not, they did abuse some mechanics.. Therefore it is not a legit kill -> now someone else have downed it, in what we assume is a legit way.. therefore the WF clearly belongs to them.

    I won't comment on whether on not the ban is overrated and Ensidia should've just gotten their achievements etc removed.. But whats done is done.

  8. #148

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by gr1pp
    Because they did the first Legit kill in the World, just because Blizztard has their Head up their own asses and don#t want to admit their utter failure in tsting the encounter doesn't change that fact.
    How was it legit if it blocked out an entire phase.


    Blizzard wouldn't just ban them if they didn't exploit it.


    I don't think they were banned for their Vashj kill, and she just stood there while they killed her.

  9. #149

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Congratulations Paragon on the world first. Very skilled.

  10. #150

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Big Congrats goes out to Paragon getting the WF kill, good luck next week in heroic mode.

  11. #151

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Gz to Paragon BUT!

    Lets get our facts straight:

    Some says that the ensidia rogue threw the granades on the edge, to make it respawn on purpose, and did NOT throw it on the boss, this however is NOT true, cause if you watch their logs closely, almost ALL his granades DID infact hit the Lich King, and a few hit hes adds.

    Some says that Ensidia did exploit him on purpose, this however is NOT true, cause it is simply impossible to exploit something you CAN see is not working as intended, but you dont know what is causing it.

    Some says that Ensidia should have stopped, all petitioned it, however NO GUILD WHAT SO EVER will wipe the attempt, make a petition and wait for a response when you are going for a Worlds First, especially not when you have max 20 attempts each week.

    All of this is BLIZZARDs fault, and you cant blame anyone else than them. They decided to not put it on the PTR, and they patched it live with a bug.

    Now, the chances are big that Ensidia will lose time on the hunt for the Worlds First on heroic mode, because Ensidia was the guild who progressed fastest through Icecrown Citadel, and my opinion is, that since Ensidia was the first guild to reach The Lich King, they would have killed him, if they had the chance to do it the legit way.

    They DID infact have a working tactic, but there was no point what so ever in executing it the way they had intended.

    Worlds First belongs to Ensidia, but still, congrats to Paragon for the World Second.

  12. #152

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Isthara
    Gz to Paragon BUT!

    Lets get our facts straight:

    Some says that the ensidia rogue threw the granades on the edge, to make it respawn on purpose, and did NOT throw it on the boss, this however is NOT true, cause if you watch their logs closely, almost ALL his granades DID infact hit the Lich King, and a few hit hes adds.

    Some says that Ensidia did exploit him on purpose, this however is NOT true, cause it is simply impossible to exploit something you CAN see is not working as intended, but you dont know what is causing it.

    Some says that Ensidia should have stopped, all petitioned it, however NO GUILD WHAT SO EVER will wipe the attempt, make a petition and wait for a response when you are going for a Worlds First, especially not when you have max 20 attempts each week.

    All of this is BLIZZARDs fault, and you cant blame anyone else than them. They decided to not put it on the PTR, and they patched it live with a bug.

    Now, the chances are big that Ensidia will lose time on the hunt for the Worlds First on heroic mode, because Ensidia was the guild who progressed fastest through Icecrown Citadel, and my opinion is, that since Ensidia was the first guild to reach The Lich King, they would have killed him, if they had the chance to do it the legit way.

    They DID infact have a working tactic, but there was no point what so ever in executing it the way they had intended.

    Worlds First belongs to Ensidia, but still, congrats to Paragon for the World Second.

    How can you miss throwing the grenades?

  13. #153

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by heeroyuy99
    20 attempts left, now i must call shinanigans.
    They had 20 attempts left on their mains. They used alts to learn the encounter.

    EDIT: @ Halazz. They knew they were throwing grenades, that wasn't the problem. They didn't know what was causing the bug, the bug didn't occur on every attempt, while Naihiko used his bombs every attempt, they figured it was a glitch with the timing that the valkyrs died. The worst part is that blizz is usually watching Ensidia when they're attempting world first kills, and on other fights, such as Illidan they've hotfixed bugs in between attempts, but this time they let it go and banned them. GJ blizz.

  14. #154

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Silira
    Exactly, just a normal ability in the rogues dps rotation. How can you connect the platform rebuilding bug to saronite bombs? You simply cant.
    Just a normal ability that apparently had the same effect on the floor of ToGC when it was first released

  15. #155
    Moderator d3v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    East Flanders, Belgium
    Posts
    4,725

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Halazz

    How can you miss throwing the grenades?
    I fail to see what point you're trying to make, the rogue uses grenades at every boss, the logs show his grenades doing damage to the Lich King and adds, I for one wouldn't have directly known it was the grenades causing the problem. Blizzard failed on this one, not Ensidia, as ensidia nicely put it on their website, seeing they're mostly always the first guild to reach end bosses, they are the "first" testers of the encounter and shouldn't be punished for something Blizzard fucked up. Nearly every end boss since vanilla has been bugged on release. I'm not saying Ensidia were right to carry on and kill when they saw something was going wrong, but honestly, would you petition a GM (which can take some time), purposefully wipe while on a boss with limited attempts, and wait until it gets hotfixed, when in the running for a world first? Didn't think so. As they also stated, the bug didn't happen on every try. Surely a guild trying to exploit a bug would do so every try?

    I'm not a fanboi, I just get pissed at all the childish hate and retarded photoshopped pics. Maybe it's just because people are jealous they can't get past putricide?

    And no, I don't raid currently. But I do like to follow high end guilds progress, be it Ensidia, STARS, Paragon or whoever.

  16. #156

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Ardourdan
    Just a normal ability that apparently had the same effect on the floor of ToGC when it was first released
    Good thing Blizzard did a crackerjack job making sure this bug wouldn't occur again especially during an actual fight...oh WAIT!

  17. #157

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    I'd say world first goes to both of them.

    Ensidia betatested it and found a bug. Paragon then finished it.

    Considering that Blizz employees were probably watching both groups for most, if not all of the fight, the onus is really on blizz for not owning up and admitting the mistake.

  18. #158
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    370

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Gratz Paragon on World second.... no one will remember you :P

  19. #159

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Isthara
    Gz to Paragon BUT!

    Lets get our facts straight:

    Some says that the ensidia rogue threw the granades on the edge, to make it respawn on purpose, and did NOT throw it on the boss, this however is NOT true, cause if you watch their logs closely, almost ALL his granades DID infact hit the Lich King, and a few hit hes adds.

    Some says that Ensidia did exploit him on purpose, this however is NOT true, cause it is simply impossible to exploit something you CAN see is not working as intended, but you dont know what is causing it.

    Some says that Ensidia should have stopped, all petitioned it, however NO GUILD WHAT SO EVER will wipe the attempt, make a petition and wait for a response when you are going for a Worlds First, especially not when you have max 20 attempts each week.

    All of this is BLIZZARDs fault, and you cant blame anyone else than them. They decided to not put it on the PTR, and they patched it live with a bug.

    Now, the chances are big that Ensidia will lose time on the hunt for the Worlds First on heroic mode, because Ensidia was the guild who progressed fastest through Icecrown Citadel, and my opinion is, that since Ensidia was the first guild to reach The Lich King, they would have killed him, if they had the chance to do it the legit way.

    They DID infact have a working tactic, but there was no point what so ever in executing it the way they had intended.

    Worlds First belongs to Ensidia, but still, congrats to Paragon for the World Second.
    Guess what buddy?
    Old news.
    They got banned.
    Deal with it.

    Stop showing all this fanboy you have.

  20. #160

    Re: World First "Legit" Lich King 25 - Paragon

    Quote Originally Posted by Isthara
    Gz to Paragon BUT!

    Lets get our facts straight:

    Blizzard took away Ensidia's achievements, loot, and banned them for 72 hours for exploiting game mechanics
    FTFY

    Since that is the only actual fact. Everything else is hearsay.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •