Page 1 of 2
LastLast

ITT Soul Burn...

So as most of us are aware of, blizz is planning on revamping the Warlock Soul Shard mechanic to be more of a cooldown based "spell empowerment" resource. With this in mind I think it would be fun if we all came up with our own version of what one of these empowered spells might do. Heres a few of the ideas blizzard has given us thus far.

-Soul burn Fear = Instant
    -Soul burn Soul fire = Instant
    -Soul burn Searing pain = 3 gauranteed crits

These are all fine and dandy but a little dull IMO, heres one I would love to see

Soul burn Demonic Teleport

-Allows the warlock to teleport the target (no matter friend or foe, PC or NPC) to the Teleporter.

This may sound OP , it may BE OP, but this thread is just for fun. Imagine the uses you could get out of that.

-Friend under heavy fire, Soul burn port em to yourself
    -Port enemys out of line of sight or down a level (top of wsg base to the flag room)
    -And my personal favorite, Porting that somewhat downy raider out of fire xD

Again this thread is for fun, please no flames or "Thats OP blizz would never do that" I would just like to see some more interesting ideas thrown out there.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Dethecus&cn=Smokelock

10+ Year Old Account

Re: ITT Soul Burn...

What does ITT stand for?
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

ITT means "In this thread" , basically I just want to hear some of the other ideas that warlocks might have regarding the upcoming addition of Empowering spells via "soul burn"

Deleted

Hehe. Yeah, OP I think, or at least it could be put to a great many uses, not the least of which would be to severely piss people off. I can imagine having a lot more fun using it on friendly players than hostiles, and generating more unpopularity too.

Yes please!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Smokelock
    ITT means "In this thread" , basically I just want to hear some of the other ideas that warlocks might have regarding the upcoming addition of Empowering spells via "soul burn"
    I like your idea, but I think it might be a little too good in PvP.

Although god knows we need an anti-melee ability bad!
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

I would love to add that move to my arsenal of dick moves. I would jump off a ledge and use it, then parachute down. WoW really needs more spells that can piss off your fellow raiders.
    But your eyes are drawn of charcoal they're black they're so cold they're so imperfect because they see a sleeping world where waking isn't worth it

Quote Originally Posted by Smokelock

-And my personal favorite, Porting that somewhat downy raider out of fire xD
    I would port them IN to the fire if I ever actually saw them move out of the fire, because then he would jinx the raid.
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Really cool idea. Would open many "How To: Piss off your friends and foes" scenarios as well as save lives.

Not likely to happen though
    - Hard work never killed anybody, but why take a chance? -

How is that really any better then now? I mean, I like the idea, but it doesn't really seem any better then how the spell is now. And teleporting friendly targets? That's not very warlock like IMO.

It would be funny to use on DKs though. Get gripped to a DK, then teleport the DK away. ;D

Frankly, I won't be happy with empowered teleport unless it's this:

Can be cast while stunned

/thread

that sounds cool as ****. I'm really loving my warlock already, and honestly im worried instant fear/soulfire is going to make locks overpowered and blizz will nerf us hardcore but man, soulburn teleport...that's cool, a but clunky probably with having to target an ally but very cool idea. I'd personally like to see some kind of cc other than fear through soulburn. destro has shadowfury, but the rest of us are SoL if the enemy pops a fear immunity as far as defending ourselves and peeling off a healer or teammate.

really in the end though, I think I'm going to love this change. one of my only gripes with the warlock class is we dont have any real cooldowns to blow when we need to do some big damage or pressure or whatever it may be. but i don't want to be a rogue either with a bunch of 5 min cooldowns (i guess they're 3 min now?) anyway... im really looking forward to cata on my warlock. hope they do some cool stuff for my (feral) druid too, who's my other candidate for my first "main"
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

I'd love it. Here we go, heavy dps race, rogue is clearly above you. Then BAM, he has to run 50 yd back to boss. "Who is topping recount now, B.tch?!"
    Sorry Mario, but princess is in another castle.

better yet teleport someone you dont like into aoe/adds
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If [the dps] are on the wrong target, then they are playing badly and should be corrected and / or mocked, depending on how you roll.

15+ Year Old Account

Soulburn Ritual of Summoning - Your Ritual of Summoning no longer requires additional players.

Soulburn Haunt - Your haunt causes your Corruption and Unstable affliction on the target to spread to all nearby targets in a 10 yard range with full duration.

Soulburn Chaos Bolt - Your Chaos Bolt explodes on impact, causing a Damage over Time effect equal to one tick of Immolate over 6 seconds to all targets in a 10 yard range. This dot effect counts as an Immolate effect for Incinerate damage calculation.

Soulburn Shadow Cleave - Knocks all targets back 10 yards. Causes a 3 second cooldown on Charge.

Soulburn Charge - Knocks the target back 10 yards and stuns for 2 seconds. Causes a 3 second cooldown on Shadow Cleave.

Soulburn Immolation Aura - Every time a target takes damage from Immolation Aura, they gain a stacking debuff that increases all damage taken by 1%.

R.I.P. YARG

Deleted

Soulburn Warlock - Your warlock no longer loses in PvP or fails to top meters in PvE. In addition the warlock player no longer has problems getting laid. This ability cannot be QQ'd.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ocet
    I'd love it. Here we go, heavy dps race, rogue is clearly above you. Then BAM, he has to run 50 yd back to boss. "Who is topping recount now, B.tch?!"
    Fantastic ;]

Soul Burn - Seed of Corruption
    When your Seed of Corruption spell ends, it will leave another demonic seed on up to 2 affected targets, that will imbed the targets with a new Seed of Corruption. Only one corruption spell per Warlock can be active on any one target.

Fresh Gherkin, i really like those , especially the haunt one. Would be nice to have a way to spread our dots around to other targets..

Oh and
    Quote Originally Posted by ratskinmahoney
    Soulburn Warlock - Your warlock no longer loses in PvP or fails to top meters in PvE. In addition the warlock player no longer has problems getting laid. This ability cannot be QQ'd.
    Pure genious, had a good laugh here.

Couple more from me....

Soul burn Curse of Exaustion,
    -Sap the enemies speed by 30% and increasing the warlocks speed by 30% for the duration.

Soul burn Banish
    -Allows the banish to be cast upon Humaniods, undead, beasts, in addition to elementals (gives us the option for real CC in raid situation)

a better soul burn SoC
    Soul Burn-Seed of Corruption- upon detonation all targets dmgd by the aoe effect have corruption applied to them. huzza
    Soul Burn Soul Stone- Battle rez!
    and finnaly
    Soul Burn Metamorphisis- The warlock transforms into kil'jeadan with one abilty called win you press it and it kills every thing on server imediatly wiping all other raids in progress and the bosses in the lock out-after which the warlock can stroll in and loot the bosses them selves...profit
    oya---one month cd
    He who is truly mediocre exerts himself 100%, it is not his efforts that fall short but his ability. Don't be a mediocre poser.
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Brootalkid
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Shattered+Hand&cn=Kidvicious

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    Soul Burn Soul Stone- Battle rez!
    I actually like this one. Predicting who is going to be most valuable for a soul stone (also known as least valuable in the raid, stop dying!) and having that person not use it at all is annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by kidvicious
    Soul Burn Metamorphisis- The warlock transforms into kil'jeadan with one abilty called win you press it and it kills every thing on server imediatly wiping all other raids in progress and the bosses in the lock out-after which the warlock can stroll in and loot the bosses them selves...profit
    oya---one month cd
    I'd have to say the cooldown makes it fair :P
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Making the teleport idea even more OP would be to swap places with the target, which would be hugely amusing in PVP but I would see as being so open to exploits, in particular the likes of the fortress in wintergrasp, while that itself may not have so much relevance come the expansion, then tol barad I believe it was called will be the new version.
    Unfortunately having an otherwise inaccessible ledge etc that you can simply port to while dropping the target straight into the middle of your fellow players as fun as it sounds makes the annoying death grip look tame.
    Mages already have a more reliable instant cast pyro mechanism so making us reliant on the shards/and the yet to be defined mechanism by which we can get them back during combat to me sounds like a poor substitute unless they make it rather better.
    Though for those who saw the coverage or were lucky enough to be there in person can attest to, the biggest fuss was kicked up over the instant fear, now that was an amusing reaction. Fear has been nerfed too many times, and has more counters to it than any other CC so making it useful in a hurry is as I see a much needed improvement, though I see a limiting distance on the running distance being of use so as a CC we can make use of it in PVE again after the curse nerf without risk of pulling half a dungeon.
    I just do not like the very limited number of shards we can potentially blow which is as far as I see a watered down version of the runes system which only relies on time, we have to do something very specific to bring them back up, and as indicated will be a likely dps loss. We need either a cooldown so the number will not be an issue, or a non-penalizing spell to get them back which would be part of a rotation, not something which makes us suffer and have to do specifically after utilising what blizzard are pushing as the new core of the warlock class.
    Gief extra bag slot back too Though for us long suffering locks and hunters losing the bag slot, make the soul shard bag and quivers/ammo sacks a unique class specific 32 slotter as compensation.

The aoe dot idea was I think around in the wotlk beta, or at least some stage early in the game, and like cripple which itself not surprisingly due to huge potential abuse in pvp did not make it to live. I see something like that to make affliction multi-target with the long ramp up as a potential, and overdue buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.