Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

Paragon World First Lich King, PvP Healing, Blue posts

It's time to put an end to the whole Ensidia thing and go back to WoW news! If you still want to discuss the subject I suggest that you head to Ensidia's website. A lot of people asked me what was my opinion on the subject, I'll keep it simple : I got information from both Ensidia and Blizzard (unofficially, just to be clear) sides and I still have no idea who is wrong or right, and we will probably never know.

This is just a lot of time wasted discussing kills when guilds aren't even competing for the Heroic Mode yet, just be glad the bug was found now and see you next week for heroic modes!

Paragon 25-Man Lich King Normal Mode World First Kill
    Paragon killed the Lich King a couple of minutes ago and we will assume that this kill is bug-free and will make everyone happy. Fun fact: they killed him on the first try. Congratulations to them.

PvP Healing Change Update
    [blizzquote="Zarhym;http://blue.mmo-champion.com/27/22748761863-pvp-healing-change.html]After further observations of the recent changes made to resilience and healing in PvP, we have made an additional change via an in-game fix so that the PvP healing debuff in Arenas, Battlegrounds, and Wintergrasp now also lowers the effectiveness of Power Word: Shield and Sacred Shield by 10%. The majority of other strong shields or damage absorption mechanics are already affected by the healing change, so we feel this new adjustment is an appropriate step in balancing the effects of resilience versus healing. The ultimate goal is to find a better median between PvP encounters feeling too quick from burst damage, or too long from heals, shields, and absorption effects. We will continue to monitor the way these changes play out and let you know if we feel any further changes are needed. As always, feedback based on your PvP experience with these new changes is welcome. [/blizzquote"]

Blue posts
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Nibelung hotfix (Nibelung)
    We are currently in the process of applying two hotfix improvements to the Nibelung staff. The first change is that we are improving the chance for a val’kyr to proc from 1% to 2%. While this may not seem like a significant improvement, it will be notable and result in the val'kyr appearing more often.

The second change is that anytime a summoned val’kyr casts her smite spell, she will heal herself for 25% of the damage done. This will help keep them alive when AoE damage is happening but not make them invincible as we still want them to feel like a summoned creature and not a special form of a DoT spell that has awesome art.

We understand the frustrations players have had with this weapon so far. We currently plan to make more proc weapons in the future and are committed to making this and other proc weapons fun and competitive items. (Source)

PvP healing changes
    As was stated in the post announcing the change to healing, we'll be carefully watching the effects the change has when coupled with the recent buff to resilience. Your feedback is always welcomed and will hold infinitely more water -- when you've proven through a carefully demonstrated critique of the healing and resilience changes -- that you've been through a great many PvP scenarios post-patch 3.3.2.

[...] In summary -- because I feel another paragraph is what you want -- we feel the healing change was necessary given the current state of PvP. We made a resilience change to reduce the feel of burst "GCD" fights in PvP, but we knew such a change could easily favor healers too much. These two changes do not cancel each other out; and we expect to see more fights where health pools matter more, where it's no longer a blur of DPS classes taking opponents from 100%-0% in seconds, or healers easily keeping health pools at, or close to 100% for prolonged periods. Certain classes or class combinations could prove to be too powerful as a result, and as we've said all along, we'll be watching and ready to react. (Source)

Tanking class disparities in raid
    Also remember that players pick their class for a lot of reasons and guilds pick their tank for a lot of reasons. We know that if we buff or nerf too much that we can drive population, but we also know there are plenty of other factors at play. For example, I'm not sure how powerful a tank class would have to be at tanking before you'd see its population jump if it was really frustrating or boring to play or really hard to gear or required a ton of skill to do well or if it was terrible at every other aspect of the game. (I don't think we have any of those classes in the game at the moment -- I'm just pointing out an extreme, contrived case that could affect population.)

The biggest red flag for us will be if raids feel like they have to gravitate towards a certain tank class for the hard fights. (If you swap tanks for a couple of fights, that's not a big deal either, assuming the swap doesn't become too widespread, or you're blocked if you fail to swap.) It's a big deal if a particular tank class just can't cut it, or has to work much harder (or get much luckier) on the same content, assuming the content is challenging. I can't imagine too many guilds replacing their main tank for a different class because they are stalled at current Icecrown progression. Not many of the Icecrown fights really tax the tank, except for perhaps Festergut. That's about to change with LK and the hard modes. (Source)

PvP healing changes and drain spells
    Drain Life isn't affected. Nor is Fel Armor, Death Coil, Haunt, Devouring Plague or Spirit Bond.

It's a little technical, but things that are actual drains are not affected. Heals that get proc'd by other effects are affected.

Currently the nerf is only 10%, so I don't expect the impact on a lot of these lower healing effects to be a big deal.

[...] Vampiric Embrace will be affected by the nerf.

Unfortunately, there isn't going to be a hard and fast rule that determines what is affected and what is not. It just depends technically on how the spells are created. The tooltip often suggests what is happening behind the scenes, but isn't 100% reliable.

Remember, the magnitude is currently small. We can't imagine too many PvP encounters that are resolved differently based on 10% less healing from VE.

This was a blanket solution, and the problem with blanket solutions is that you have very little room to handle special cases. In this case, we didn't want to wait for the elegant solution that affected say just the true priest, paladin and druid healing spells, because that would have delayed the change possibly until Cataclysm (where I suspect it won't even be needed). (Source)

[...] It's a little technical which abilities get hit and which do not. If your ability procs a heal on you, then that is affected (such as VE). If you are doing a straight out drain, like Death Coil, then it will not be affected.

It's just 10% (for now) so I don't think the effect on a lot of these secondary heals will be very noticeable to be honest. Really we were trying to hit the big healer-based heals like Penance, Flash / Holy Light, Lifebloom, etc. (Source)

Death Knight (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Scourge Strike Bug
    To be clear, while Scourge Strike should not have the physical and Shadow portions both hit by resilience, they should not independently be buffed by +damage effects either. The Shadow damage should in most cases just be a function of the physical damage done. Exceptions are things like Ebon Plague that specifically boost magic damage and don't buff physical damage. Ebon Plague should buff the Shadow damage portion of Scourge Strike. So it's possible the resilience is bugged (in which case it's about to get worse with the resilience change), but at first glance we think Outbreak and the tier 10 bonus are working correctly.

This ability has gone through numerous iterations in an attempt to get it both balanced and fun, so some confusion about how it is supposed to work is certainly understandable.

[...] I'm not sure where the interpretation came from that we're going to nerf Scourge Strike for PvE. All I was trying to say was that the current 3.3 version of Scourge Strike seems to be working correctly for PvE but might be penalized too much by resilience in PvP. If that turns out to be the case, then you would see your Scourge Strike damage go up in PvP (assuming the target has some kind of resilience) and stay the same in PvE.

I know we have changed this talent a lot, and I do apologize for any confusion. If you recall, not long ago Scourge Strike could crit independently. When we changed that, we removed some of its ability to double dip. A +damage ability should already affect the physical portion of the strike, so indirectly affects the Shadow portion of the strike. Abilities, most saliently Ebon Plague, that do not affect the physical damage can still boost Scourge Strike through the Shadow portion. Resilience, on the other hand, already reduces the physical damage done so indirectly affects the Shadow portion done. It should not further reduce the Shadow portion separately. We took steps to make sure that wasn't happening, so it it is indeed happening, something broke along the way. My apologies if that is the case. (Source)

Scourge Strike Hotfix
    After further testing, it does appear that resilience additionally lowers the Shadow damage done by Scourge Strike. It was definitely working at one time, so something broke along the way. We apologize for the bug and will be hotfixing it.

All of the other modifiers to Scourge Strike that we tested appear to be working as intended. The net result should be no change to PvE damage and a buff to PvP damage (against targets with resilience).

Again, we know it's a confusing ability and perhaps confusing enough for us to eventually change. Again. (Source)

Warlock (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Warlock changes in 3.3.2
    Affliction was doing good damage before and with the buff should now be competitive with any class in the game, depending on the fight involved (and how much the mages benefit from IA). That doesn't mean *you* are going to top meters. Big difference. The management of Corruption rolling with NMIC isn't ideal gameplay. We generally like the kind of gameplay that lets skilled players eek out a little bit more damage, but we agree the Corruption behavior is a little extreme. That said, it's not as bad as the haste effects on rolling, and ultimately we know how to fix it with a little tech. (Which doesn't mean we can fix it immediately, unfortunately.)

I'm not sure we have enough data on Demo yet. The buffs definitely did something. Totally agree on the mana issues. That's something we want to address (standard no ponies promises applies).

We knew the buffs to Destro wouldn't be enough, but we still thought they were worth making (compared to doing nothing at all). To finish the job will require more extensive talent changes. (Don't interpret that as a complete redo of the tree though.) We think we can do some of this before Cataclysm ships, but it's not the kind of thing we felt safe doing with the kind of limited testing / non-PTR status of patch 3.3.2. We could have just thrown caution to the wind and made the Empowered Imp or Conflag changes gratuitously overpowered, but that carries risks of A) forcing all of the Affliction locks to respec, or B) breaking PvP.

It's tricky with the pure classes because a lot of players will flock to the spec with the highest dps, even if the margin is only 1% (not saying that's the case here, mind you). The risk then for us is that we force players to constantly change specs every time we make adjustments because someone else is now top dog. We screwed up and did this with hunters and mages in earlier patches and nearly did it with rogues in 3.3. Rogues aren't in a bad place now, where some players just prefer Combat over Mutilate and actually hunters aren't far from that either with MM vs. SV (yes, both of those classes have a third tree, but having two raid viable specs is still better than one or none). In any case, we still want to get Destro's dps higher.

We really don't expect the healing nerfs that affect warlock self-healing to have a huge impact on PvP one way or the other. (Source)

Warrior (Forums / Talent Calculator)
    Devastate Buff Hotfix
    Yes, we are hotfixing Devastate to do 20% more damage, not just 20% more weapon damage.

I can't comment on when the hotfix will go live, because there are a lot of people involved in getting those changes pushed out, so we just don't know. Often hotfixes go live within a day or two, but some may take longer if we find a bug or unexpected side-effect to the initial change. (Source)

Re: Paragon World First Lich King, PvP Healing, Blue posts

Congrats Paragon

My YouTube channel - Beta videos & raid videos!

WOOOT! Grats Paragon! Why are the mages so low on the damage meter though?

Grats to paragon, but it should be known that their roster is huge and this was not the actual first attempt. It was the first attempt for this specific raid lockout.

Jujus Of Blood Legion.

rofl oneshot rly? well done though!

Grats Paragon!

Gratz paragon!

Nice seeing a 'lock in first place.

...in before nerf 'lock posts

/fan
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/characte...croma/advanced

Necroma, Mage @ Cool Story Bro [EU Hyjal]

Screw Nibelung, buff Zod's!

Also grats Paragon. Impressive with 20/20.

Gratz on a GREAT KILL!!! I'm sure its legit... GG guys.. Can't wait to see your vid!!! ;D ;D ;D

Happy happy happy!

gz Paragon

Why do you post it as a World First since Ensidia already killed him? Duh. This whole matter is as dumb as people caring about being first.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujus
    Grats to paragon, but it should be known that their roster is huge and this was not the actual first attempt. It was the first attempt for this specific raid lockout.
    Uhhhh... duh? Bleeding edge progression more or less requires full alt raids.

Pointing out that they do it too doesn't make the 10M WF any more impressive bud.

Grats Paragon.

gratz paragon! nice n legit!

I am Druid - Play Free Online Games

Quote Originally Posted by shiryo View Post
    "Whats your ilvl? cuz that ass is epic"

Go fin!

btw. nice keybinds ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Memory
    Why do you post it as a World First since Ensidia already killed him? Duh. This whole matter is as dumb as people caring about being first.
    As I said, if you want to further discuss the Ensidia story you are free to do it on Ensidia's website or in the dedicated news post. Next posts about that will be moderated.

Congratulations!

Quote Originally Posted by Floran12
    WOOOT! Grats Paragon! Why are the mages so low on the damage meter though?
    From what I've heard of the fight it sounds like there's a lot of movement.

I'm wondering what spec Diivil was in for the kill.

gratz Paragon on world first and 20/20