need some serius help..

ok so this is my char
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...aros&cn=Backal
    got some good gear, that im pleased with but i got a problem..
    to start with im using the normal (i think?) rotation thats MF-IF-Wrath until SF proc and SF until wrath proc and keeping up dots.. now the problem im only doing 5k damage and thats on a good day..
    got another druid in the guild who got 500~ sp more than me and 10%~ more crit and he is doing almost 2k more damage then me so im wondering if theres something im doing really wrong?

Re: need some serius help..

Firstly, with extremely rough math him doing 2k more than you probably isn't far off what's expected with those stat differences. Assuming you've got 3k buffed and he has 3.5k, that's about a 10% increase in damage to all spells, and 10% extra crit is 5-10% extra dmg to almost all spells, which multiplied out gives an expected increase of 15-20%, where he's currently doing up to 40% extra dmg.

Anyway, onto your armory - you're way above the hit cap (263), so you should try and lose some from one of your non-set pieces, and you certainly don't need the hit gem in your helm. You're also well above the haste soft cap (400), so again, try to swap some of that for crit.

Nevermelting Ice Crystal isn't that great of a trinket for boomkins as you crit very often as it is and the bonus disappears quickly. I don't know the numbers for it but I'm sure it'd put you above the crit cap if procced during lunar eclipse too. The optimal easily-obtained trinket to replace it with would be http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50340, but that relies on luck I guess. Even IOTDS would be better if you've got it.

Other than that your gems & enchants seem alright, so I'd say the DPS differences are just about balancing those caps, perfecting your rotation, and just the general gear difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Re: need some serius help..

Quote Originally Posted by backal
    500~ sp more than me and 10%~ more crit
    that will be a big reason why he is doing a lot more damage than you.

finish your 4 piece T9 set bonus. drop some haste gear in favor of crit rating gear. you are above the hit cap. fix those things and you should be in better shape.