Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Paladin going oom

LOL I NVR GO OOM

DP is usually ready if I get to 25% mana I dont really ever go oom
    Spell management for the win?

Once u get to be around 5600gs and above, unless u buy yer toon , it is very easy to not go oom

On Festergut the healing is really low when there's no gas out, so use DP then to be at as high mana as possible when the gas-crap starts. Obviously save Divine Illumination for that intensive part of healing. I have 30k mana (FoL-focused so sp and mp5 mainly) and me and a disc priest dual-heals Festergut without much problem.

And of course. If he's still having mana issues: Stop using Holy Light when it's not needed. It's just a waste of mana if people don't need more than 3-5k heals.

Also, is he using Libram of Renewal? It's the only sane choice if you go HL-spamming. It's the libram you buy for Emblems of Heroism, fyi.

with the macro there is only a slight lose in output with t10 bonus 1-2k per heal while DP is active on my pally so instead of hitting 20-21k i hit 18-19k per crit heal and instead of 14-15k normal i heal 13-14k normal so the lose in healing is very minimal and you wont really notice it much anyway
    STAR-J4R9-YYK4 use this for 5000 credits in star citizen

Quote Originally Posted by kenn9530
    with the macro there is only a slight lose in output with t10 bonus 1-2k per heal while DP is active on my pally so instead of hitting 20-21k i hit 18-19k per crit heal and instead of 14-15k normal i heal 13-14k normal so the lose in healing is very minimal and you wont really notice it much anyway
    Yeah, no. Like I said before. 85% effectiveness. This means you lose 3k on a 20k heal and 2.25k on a 15k heal. This shit's crazy easy to figure out, dude. And not to mention the fact that you can only do that once every 3 minutes.

The biggest offset to Plea is smart timing. Not the use of other CDs.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

WARNING - WALL OF TEXT INC (READ ONLY IF YOUR SERIOUS ABOUT PALLY HEALING)
    So i was reading through the comments on how players use their cd's Divine Illumination, Avenging Wrath, Divine Favor with their Divine plea. In my opinion there 'usually' isn't any need to pop some sort of increased healing along with divine plea to satisfy your healing. I want to break down the basics of pally healing then answer some DP questions.
    Pally healers are a constant spam class. We don't run off spirit so at no time during encounters should be literally be Mp5'ing out of combat to gain our mana back.
    Divine Plea, is our answer to the spam question. If we can't stop healing then we need something like innervate or mana tide to compensate for the fact we're always using mana. DP is our individual answer to that used wisely we can gain exactly 25% of our mana back per 1minute.
    To break that down even further a 40k buffed paladin will gain 10000 mana back every 60seconds which is 166.6mp1 = 833mp5 coupled with our mp5 from Wisdom, replenishment (1% mana every 5seconds = 400mp5) we should be around 1.2k+ mp5 for the average 25man ICC geared paladin healer. This is the ideal mp5, this starts to drop off as divine plea is used less regularly waiting an extra 15seconds to use DP after its off cd brings the mp5 down to 666.6mp5 a significant drop 170mp5 lost.

When Paladin healers complain about ooming, and this should be rare you are encountering a few things because we should 'literally' be able to heal constantly (this includes FOL not just HL), 1) usually the out put of HPS is so high meaning we are using HL for our Majority of our heals causing the ratio of mp5 (gained) < mp5 (used) 2) There is moderate damage but still no safe time to use DP for mana regen 3) the encounter is new and hence using DP is unsafe as you do not know what sort of damage output is about to be done to your tank/raid.

Just quickly would like to point out while divine illumination is active the mana restored from HL/FOL/HS is the same without it active you are still gain 30% of the base mana cost of the spell it is not halved so your gaining 30% of the 50% cost so popping divine favor with DI is good, before the nerf the 50% mana back on spell crit you could gain mana back overall while spamming HL with DI up. another note is the libram that reduces the cost of holy light when you proc 30% mana back with a crit the mana restored is taken from the base cost no the base cost - 112 mana from the libram. (don't post often would link item otherwise)

So getting back on track, we know the pally is to spam all fight you holy light while large damage (tank or raid wide) is being done and you Flash of light while the damage is light you can make up on any spike damage with a quick Holy shock (crit proc free instant FOL) to bring you tank up. Now usually and this is from my experience if you find you can FOL for more then 5-10seconds you fit your DP in this, fol is a very mild healing spell its cheap and can be spammed during DP without your healing effectiveness being reduced drastically - This is because if you are only needing to fol the damage being caused to raid/tank is rather small and most likely most of your fol is over healing anyway (heals for 6k dude took 4k damage 2k waste DP up heals for 3k he's only 1k hp down) - So there is not real reason that you need to pop cd's like DI, AV etc to compensate your DP.

Run down on ICC fights. (i cbf checking bosses names and how they're spelled)
    Marrogar - Dp during whirl wind phase (druids and shamans own this part anyway)
    death whisper - anytime, all damage is spike or num tards standing in melee shadow cleave
    ship - anytime once again, damage is all random other then your two tanks and there is plenty of time between swapping over ships to DP and its safe to do it even when they have.
    Saurfang - Once again the fight is basic, the damage output only gets hard when marks go up but before then mana should be hovering 90-100% as it isn't very healing intensive.
    Festergut - (hopefully haven't mixed up) between breathes tank damage and even raid damage is pretty light so DP isn't too risky to pop (dp doesn't effect LOH so if you fuck up timing just pwn tank with that), and if your lucky enough your in melee just melee swing between casts and your mp5 will be insane.
    Rotface - oozing explosion perfect time to use it and also SOW swing procs when stacking i've never gone under 80% on that fight except on fucked up wipes with blobs everywhere.
    Putricide - Tear gas literally is perfect, also when swapping sides DP is useful, try to get into last phase on 100% because having all your healing cd's up at once is actually a good thing.
    Princes - If you me you get stuck with both the tank for middle and right dude, but you can literally pop it if they're at 100% and just fol spam and they should be fine before it runs out again.
    Blood queen - She is a doozy, this one i found popping DP off cd was the only way to keep my hps high enough for decent healing, i have 42.6k mana raid buffed i would pop first heal at around 30-35k mana left and it would come up about 20sec before air phase pop it off cd and it would get used up just before fear or 1-5secs into fear. Would mention though i was kicked out of healer group for this (two shamans 3 druids) got the share the two mana tides i was left to fend my own mana which is actually not very hard and would pull average 6-8k hps average about 7 most fights.
    Val dreamwalker - Popping your cd's soon as you pull means they're off on about the 2nd/3rd air phase and if your good you'll have about 15-30stacks by then. Should Never need DP on this fight if you go into portals the mp5 from buff makes up for dp and then some.
    Sindragosa and lich king i haven't done in 25man yet.

I know this is a huge wall of text, but to fit a healing class into a single paragraph and explain effectively different scenarios is just selfish if you can't take the time to explain what is going on in depth which most pally healers who are any good should know, then your opinion isn't being validated by your knowledge. Btw if you want to check me out I'm Hombo on US - Dreadmaul , only lvl 80 Hombo in wow atm cause i'm just that special. Also i'm not not fail judgement of the light pally healer to pump up my hps our MT keeps that up pulls like 4-5k hps in blood queen its so fucked -.-