Need a bit of help deciding...

Disc priest here. (Armory)

I currently have Midnight Sun and Scourgelord's Baton.

Now as you can see, Scourgelord's Baton has hit on it but it has been the best upgrade that has dropped thus far in ICC for me. I pretty much only do 10 man, so there isn't much more for me in there in terms of OH.

Last night, I took Mag'hari Chieftain's Staff just in case I ever went holy. But now looking at it, I can't decide if gemming that up with two Runed and using that until I get a more appropriate OH (or a better MH o.O) would be more beneficial to me than my current set up.

I know that for disc mp5 > spirit but I have no mana issues.

I have plenty of crit but my haste is a bit low. Thoughts?

15+ Year Old Account

Re: Need a bit of help deciding...

Quote Originally Posted by dulper
    I know that for disc mp5 > spirit but I have no mana issues.
    you know wrong then.
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll
    you know wrong then.
    You seem pretty sure of that, what is your reasoning? My research says otherwise.

If I am wrong, which is possible though I doubt it, prove it. Don't make snippy comments with no actual substance to them.

Quote Originally Posted by dulper
    You seem pretty sure of that, what is your reasoning? My research says otherwise.

If I am wrong, which is possible though I doubt it, prove it. Don't make snippy comments with no actual substance to them.
    You are correct that mp5 > spi for disc priest

Stay with the stuff you have and try to find an OH without hit. The staff has less SP and less int than your OH+MH combo.

Quote Originally Posted by fabian
    You are correct that mp5 > spi for disc priest

Stay with the stuff you have and try to find an OH without hit. The staff has less SP and less int than your OH+MH combo.
    My thoughts as well, just wasn't sure if the haste was worth it. Thanks for the input.

While mp/5 will give more regen than spirit for a disc priest, i'm not convinced that the level of mp/5 in comparison to the level of spirit results in this, nor would I be concerned about substituting some spirit in for mp/5 in the weapon slot.... it's hardly going to cause you to go oom which means that both mp/5 and spirit are pretty lacklusture anyways.

MP/5 produces much more regen than Spirit, but yeah... who cares? It will show up in your gear here or there, but it's not something you gear for intentionally. When creating item comparisons as Disc set the value for Spirit and MP/5 both to 0. If an item still shows up as being good... take it. Same goes for Hit. Do you need hit? No. Does it really matter? No.