Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Nibelung viable now?

I decided to use Nibelung over the chieftains staff last night in 10m icc to see how the changes worked. Overall it did better than before when it proced. a couple times the proc uptime seemed to be about 75% (or more) others less than 10%. they survive the AOE much better now so up time is longer. i noticed dmg between 1.2k and 1.7k per hit pending resists and it almost never missed. i didn't look at the recount close nuff to give specific numbers on dps.

my personal performance dropped a little due to the lost stats and atleast twice i was close to running out of mana when shadow fiend came off CD so was manageable but not something i'm used too.

its not a bad staff but i will be using chieftains most of the time unless i'm bored and want to see the pretty little things.

10+ Year Old Account

12min in Heroic dummy testing to see if it procs from dots with no luck.

In 5x5mins DPS test in the dummy seen the Valkyr spawn only once doing 50dmg-60kdmg overall.
    Haven't used it in raid even though i have it since the first week of ICC25, due to the lack of haste in this staff i really want to see a good proc rate to replace my current MH+OH and 1 spawn in 25min Tank & Spank is more than enough to say that this weapon is a total joke even after the "buff"

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

They can say they buffed it but it still needs work, clearly. Thank GOD I picked up Frozen Bonespike in a pug when I couldn't raid with the guild one week. That and the Baton will keep me going just fine until they finally get this goofy ass staff fixed.
    Never play leapfrog with a unicorn.

In my experience is a a lock, i'd say it procs of dot ticks. (Tried it with both affli and destro in raids)
    At fights like saurfang, i had one up basically the whole fight, and at several times, two or three. As destro, not so much.

It procs often enough, but not nearly as much as affli.

I did about the same dps in affli and destro, but the diffrence was that in affli, val'kyrie's did about 10% of my damage every fight that didnt have massive aoe, while in destro, only 2-3%

Quote Originally Posted by redrage
    I decided to use Nibelung over the chieftains staff last night in 10m icc to see how the changes worked. Overall it did better than before when it proced. a couple times the proc uptime seemed to be about 75% (or more) others less than 10%. they survive the AOE much better now so up time is longer. i noticed dmg between 1.2k and 1.7k per hit pending resists and it almost never missed. i didn't look at the recount close nuff to give specific numbers on dps.

my personal performance dropped a little due to the lost stats and atleast twice i was close to running out of mana when shadow fiend came off CD so was manageable but not something i'm used too.

its not a bad staff but i will be using chieftains most of the time unless i'm bored and want to see the pretty little things.
    There was a buff quite awhile ago that removed their chance to miss, so they have a 100% hit chance.

Just doing some preliminary testing... the proc seems to account for 5-6% of my unbuffed DPS.... average target dummy parse I manage about 6K and the proc is doing about 800 dps. It would seem on the surface that at the very least the proc could do with more analysis. Something I plan to do when I get some spare time.

Lastly in one of the dummy parses I had 49 smite hits but only 1 crit... so they don't appear to gain your crit rate. My guess is they have a standard NPC 5% crit chance but that is pure speculation.

You know the term "viable" gets tossed around so much these days that it's getting almost stupid.

Of course Nibulung is "viable" and it always has been, even before the buff.

To clarify on a few things, the Valks had a 1% chance to proc with no internal cooldown with a max of 5 Valks being on the battlefield at the same time.

The buff gave it a 2% to proc, with no internal cooldown, and the valks now heal themselves with each cast, making them able to survive in aoes, etc.

It all comes down to personal preference. I like Nibelung, and I don't think I'll upgrade until the next wow expansion. I will probably grab the 25 man version of the staff, but that's about it. I understand that I lose a lot of haste, but that doesn't mean that haste is gone forever. I'll make up for it in other ways.

Also, that staff procs A LOT for me. So much that other people constantly comment on how much it procs, and not just during trash either.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by nemex
    For moonkins, as well as every other class, the valkyrs can only proc from the application of DoTs, not from the ticks.
    -sigh- you made me log on my profile just to reply...

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG (you see where this is going hopefully)

DoTs help proc the val'kyr, both the application AND the ticks.

(Probable reponse - ugh no they dont noob, kkthxbai)

(my response - <- Plays a boomkin who loves that staff, i'd know my own weapon)
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

Quote Originally Posted by Direshadow
    You know the term "viable" gets tossed around so much these days that it's getting almost stupid.

Of course Nibulung is "viable" and it always has been, even before the buff.
    it is decent but not as good as say Chieftians staff or even a decent ilvl 245 pair. the fact that it doesn't have "extra" stats such as haste or crit hurt it

It all comes down to personal preference. I like Nibelung, and I don't think I'll upgrade until the next wow expansion. I will probably grab the 25 man version of the staff, but that's about it. I understand that I lose a lot of haste, but that doesn't mean that haste is gone forever. I'll make up for it in other ways.
    I assume you mean heroic. the thing is you can make up for the haste and such just by getting the chieftains staff or getting an "okay" MH OH combo from TOC.

Also, that staff procs A LOT for me. So much that other people constantly comment on how much it procs, and not just during trash either.
    i hear a lot of mention that "it always seems up" but its not really.. maybe 25-45% (guesstimate) of the time and usually when its not needed (murphys law).

If i'm just goof'n round in heroics i use it just for fun, or in PvP because it has killed me a few rouge while i was stun locked, but for progression i'd much rather have more reliable through put than put it on RNG.

EDIT: it does proc off ticks.

Although it's fun in pvp, I find that's the time when it procs the least.

However, in a PVE situation, it's epic at times. There are many times when I had 3 valks up on a single target, and the shaman blood lusted.

*Heroism'd

To be honest, I probably will end up picking the chieftains staff... eventually...

I'm just really glad to see Blizzard seriously adding spice to certain weapons.

80 Kingslayer Shadow Priest - Spirestone
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...e&n=Direshadow

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums
    -sigh- you made me log on my profile just to reply...

WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG WRONG (you see where this is going hopefully)

DoTs help proc the val'kyr, both the application AND the ticks.

(Probable reponse - ugh no they dont noob, kkthxbai)

(my response - <- Plays a boomkin who loves that staff, i'd know my own weapon)
    No you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
    It does not proc on dot ticks.
    This has been confirmed many, many times.
    Do some research.
    Have a good one.

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

It procs off of forum posts filled with misinformation.
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

Give me something i can rely on rather than something that is procy and random IMHO.

It looks cool but the dps increase (if there even is one in any situation) over even the 10 man stave would not be consistent and couldn't be relied on. give me haste/crit.

Quote Originally Posted by Logbc

No you are wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong wrong.
    It does not proc on dot ticks.
    This has been confirmed many, many times.
    Do some research.
    Have a good one.
    unless it was changed in the past few weeks it does. I've had it proc of of SW:P and VT ticks but no DP ticks that i've noticed. Tested by sitting on a training dummys repeated multidotting and applying dots, however not recently. I don't know for boomkin. if i happen to get one this week on my druid i'll try it out.

It also procs on Mind Sear channels and i assume mind flay as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenityx
    Give me something i can rely on rather than something that is procy and random IMHO.

It looks cool but the dps increase (if there even is one in any situation) over even the 10 man stave would not be consistent and couldn't be relied on. give me haste/crit.
    I hear a lot of a 10m version but never seen one. someone link one?

The 10 man staff in which they speak is the Mag'hari Cheiftan Staff or something like that.

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50805

^^

oh i read wrong. thought they ment a 10m nibelung lol.. ty for clearing it up for me

15+ Year Old Account

Since it's better to hijack a thread than make a new one (usually), is Rawr simulating Nibelung properly? I figured it'd be a minor increase at best over my Frozen Bonespike/Mystifying Charm(245).. but Rawr is showing me a 300dps LOSS. It can't really suck that much can it? =/

That means Rawr is not calculating the proc at all. The proc accounts for 28-40k damage with ~34k average if they don't die early. With a normal rotation you should be seeing one every 75-115 seconds. That's 243-533 DPS. Compare the scale values of the stats on the alternative and you'll probably find that it's right around 300 DPS from the stats on Bonespike/Charm. IE: Rawr fails again. It's really good at that, by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by harky
    That means Rawr is not calculating the proc at all. The proc accounts for 28-40k damage with ~34k average if they don't die early. With a normal rotation you should be seeing one every 75-115 seconds. That's 243-533 DPS. Compare the scale values of the stats on the alternative and you'll probably find that it's right around 300 DPS from the stats on Bonespike/Charm. IE: Rawr fails again. It's really good at that, by the way.
    I think it's more "procs are very very very hard to calculate" than Rawr failing.