Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst

Re: Nibelung viable now?

It's not that hard to calculate over a very long period of time. Simcraft has been doing it very, very well for quite a while now. Rawr uses a different model and a different system as well as typically much fewer iterations. Proc rate is known, what it procs off is known, the damage is known. Estimated up time over something like 10k iterations isn't that hard to calculate. All you have to do is figure actions per minute, along with the 2% proc and the damage output and duration of the Valks. You can have an as yet unknown numbers up at once (I've seen up to 6), so you don't need to figure overlaps, or other nonsense. You could even easily include an average life expectancy if you wanted to do that. There's a good reason you should take Rawr with a grain of salt (preferably attached to a margarita).

Been sitting in front of the target dummy for about 15 minutes now...

Just casting SWP, letting the duration run. Casting VT and letting it expire. Casting DP the same way.
    Casting all 3 and letting them expire.

Just watching the dot ticks, with the staff equipped.

SWP: 300 counts/ticks (50 casts)
    VT: 100 counts/ticks (20 casts)
    DP: 160 counts/ticks (20 casts)

Absolutely not one valkyr proc, from 560 dot ticks (or 90 casts, for that matter, even 20 of them being improved plague).
    They'll proc off a harmful spell cast sure, but don't even try to argue that they proc off dot ticks. 2% my ass.

MAYBE, maybe they proc off moonkin dot ticks, but certainly not Shadow Priest dot ticks. I can run this test all night, but this seems pretty indicative to me.
    And if you are multidotting everything, then perhaps they proc off the cast while your dots are ticking, then just confusing one with the other.
    Controlled experiments are pretty important for these tests.

Very disappointing when 10man Muradin's Spyglass proc's off dot ticks and a 25man staff does not.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Llenneth
    Been sitting in front of the target dummy for about 15 minutes now...

Just casting SWP, letting the duration run. Casting VT and letting it expire. Casting DP the same way.
    Casting all 3 and letting them expire.

Just watching the dot ticks, with the staff equipped.

SWP: 300 counts/ticks (50 casts)
    VT: 100 counts/ticks (20 casts)
    DP: 160 counts/ticks (20 casts)

Absolutely not one valkyr proc, from 560 dot ticks (or 90 casts, for that matter, even 20 of them being improved plague).
    They'll proc off a harmful spell cast sure, but don't even try to argue that they proc off dot ticks. 2% my ass.

MAYBE, maybe they proc off moonkin dot ticks, but certainly not Shadow Priest dot ticks. I can run this test all night, but this seems pretty indicative to me.
    And if you are multidotting everything, then perhaps they proc off the cast while your dots are ticking, then just confusing one with the other.
    Controlled experiments are pretty important for these tests.

Very disappointing when 10man Muradin's Spyglass proc's off dot ticks and a 25man staff does not.
    Because it doesn't proc off dot ticks like a million people have tested, and proved, as I said above. The staff is ok if you have unbelievable gear and approaching the haste cap or something, but until then it's lackluster. I'm just waiting for Rigormortis to drop. /giggle

____________________R.I.P Excessive Gaming____________________

Shadow Priests scale CRAZY With haste and crit.

Nibelung is statless, therefore useless.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Rogge
    Do you have any logs or screenshots or anything to support this?

To be honest 10% of your total damage on most fights sounds completely made up.

140k damage from a valkyrie would mean it did 4666 dps. This is simply not true or possible. They do about 1000-1500 dps while active.

If you mean 140k total in a fight, that would mean you made 1.4 million damage. Which would, on a normal festergut kill, mean you did about 2500 dps yourself.
    I just got nibelung today (had the 245er heartsmasher and scourgelords baton (251) before so it's prolly an upgrade even without the proc) and it did do 9% of my damage on saurfang which is quite nice and I got 3 valkyrs at one time even
    It did do 0% of my damage on some other bosses though because I got zero procs.

When I'll get other weapons with more raw stats than nibelung I'll probably equip them for progression bosses, but for all the rest I'll take my valkyr friends over something like a 100 dps any day just for style.

Another shadowpriest would have bought it off me for 8k gold even. But no, I have more than enough gold already.

I'll have and remember this weapon when they shut down wow for good, just as I'll still have and remember Benediction/Anathema then because those are really unique weapons. I can't even remember the name of the weapons I had equipped 1 month ago. :P
    You know what is better than drinking a beer? Brewing your own beer. And then drinking it. And then... Drinking another beer. And then, punching somebody in the snout! That's what!