Thread: resto t10 bonus

Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

resto t10 bonus

so how good is 4 pices bonus for resto?

Re: resto t10 bonus

Umm... Good? What sort of answer are you after? The proc rate and the effect are clearly defined, so it's just a matter of whether you want random rejuvs for the fight you're up against.

The generally accepted view is that 4T10 is a clear upgrade from 4T9 in 25 mans, but possibly not in 10 mans. Having said that, the stat differences from 4T9.245 to 4T10.264 should easily make up the difference. The only time it wouldn't is when there's absolutely no raid damage, and I can't think of an ICC fight like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

It's good at what it does, it just isn't what it should do.

I have two problems with this bonus.
    First one it highly promotes a very boring playstyle blizzard itself said they wanted to go away from. It works best with 100% rejuvenation blanketing. Every gcd you use to cast a spell other than rejuvenation you decrease the effectiveness of this bonus.
    Second one it buffs us in a niche we already dominate, twin valk kind of fights. On those it makes our already good performance even better, on other fights, especially those druids have a hard time healing it is almost worthless.

Imho they should have made the 4t8 set bonus the 4t10 one (prenerf). That one was actually the best setbonus by far because it buffed reactive healing capabilities, something a druid is naturally horrible in, and allowed you to refresh rejuve on high priority targets without having to care for clipping issues.

As already stated, you can easily calculate the benefits of the bonus:
    No rapid rejuv glyph
    Code:
    rejuv on 10 targets (avg. 3,33 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 15,00s
    rejuv on 11 targets (avg. 3,67 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 13,64s
    rejuv on 12 targets (avg. 4,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 12,50s
    rejuv on 13 targets (avg. 4,33 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 11,54s
    rejuv on 14 targets (avg. 4,67 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 10,71s
    rejuv on 15 targets (avg. 5,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 10,00s
    rejuv on 16 targets (avg. 5,33 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 9,38s
    rejuv on 17 targets (avg. 5,67 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 8,82s
    rejuv on 18 targets (avg. 6,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 8,33s
    Thanks to proc you can get up to 20 concurrent rejuvs
    rejuv on 19 targets (avg. 6,33 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 7,89s
    rejuv on 20 targets (avg. 6,67 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 7,50s

With glyph
    20% haste (max 15 targets, 15s duration)
    Code:
    rejuv on 10 targets (avg. 4,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 12,50s
    rejuv on 11 targets (avg. 4,40 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 11,36s
    rejuv on 12 targets (avg. 4,80 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 10,42s
    rejuv on 13 targets (avg. 5,20 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 9,62s
    rejuv on 14 targets (avg. 5,60 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 8,93s
    rejuv on 15 targets (avg. 6,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 8,33s
    Thanks to proc you can get up to 16 concurrent rejuvs
    rejuv on 16 targets (avg. 6,40 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 7,81s
    50% haste (max 12 targets, 12s duration)
    Code:
    rejuv on 8 targets (avg. 4,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 12,50s
    rejuv on 9 targets (avg. 4,50 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 11,11s
    rejuv on 10 targets (avg. 5,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 10,00s
    rejuv on 11 targets (avg. 5,50 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 9,09s
    rejuv on 12 targets (avg. 6,00 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 8,33s
    Thanks to proc you can get up to 13 concurrent rejuvs
    rejuv on 13 targets (avg. 6,50 ticks/s), means T10 procs every 7,69s
    That means in a perfect situation your rejuv healing increases about 11% (without glyph, 2 more rejuvs ticking).
    If you assume 50% of your overall healing done by rejuv (this is quite much, don't forget most webstats still include T9 4p), that means a overall healing increase of ~5,5%.
    That's almost the same as 4p T9 is increasing your overall healing (4-5%), but don't forget you need a perfect situation (18rolling rejuvs + 2 procs) to reach that number.
    But even in most fights in ICC25, you won't have rejuv rolling on so many targets (mostly in a twins like fight like queen). Usually you will also use you GCDs for SM, nourish and lbs, so 10 concurrent rejuvs seems to be a reasonable guess.
    And with 10 rejuvs up, and the proc occuring every 15s, I would prefer going for non-set items having haste instead of those T10 pieces with crit.

So when this proc's we are going to lose the rejuv we had on the original target? I am afraid that it will drop off a tank or someone that may need it and jump to the new person that really was in no danger. Am i understanding this correctly? I have 2pt10 and I am still trying to decide if I am gonna go for the next 2 pieces or if I am going to pick up random haste gear or boomkin t10 till i am haste capped so i can take points out of CF.

no, you won't lose the rejuv on the original target.
    But clipping might occur, if it jumps to a target that already has rejuv on it. Would be nice if someone could test that.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    no, you won't lose the rejuv on the original target.
    But clipping might occur, if it jumps to a target that already has rejuv on it. Would be nice if someone could test that.
    it will only jump to a target that DOES NOT currently have a rejuv from you on it (regular or T10). It will however, jump to a target that has a rejuv from another druid on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli
    it will only jump to a target that DOES NOT currently have a rejuv from you on it (regular or T10). It will however, jump to a target that has a rejuv from another druid on them.
    This. As far as I know, the procced rejuvs act exactly as if you had cast them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Degrador
    The generally accepted view is that 4T10 is a clear upgrade from 4T9 in 25 mans, but possibly not in 10 mans. Having said that, the stat differences from 4T9.245 to 4T10.264 should easily make up the difference. The only time it wouldn't is when there's absolutely no raid damage, and I can't think of an ICC fight like that.
    I personally will not use this set in 10-mans until it's at least all 264, and probably not even then on aura fights such as BQ and Sindragosa, because the set bonus is almost useless with such a small group, whereas the T9-4pc will be decent.

Imho they should have made the 4t8 set bonus the 4t10 one (prenerf). That one was actually the best setbonus by far because it buffed reactive healing capabilities, something a druid is naturally horrible in, and allowed you to refresh rejuve on high priority targets without having to care for clipping issues.
    I would kill to get that bonus back
    Resto Druids, the best health care system

I'm stuck doing 10 mans on my druids only and it's very hard to convince myself to break 4pct9 for t10 at all. I'm thinking perhaps if I get lucky in VOA and get leggs/hands @ 264 but getting all 251s seems like a sidegrade

The bonus doesn't make up for the lack of haste and the lolcrit on 3/5 pieces, especially when they are much, much better items until you get 10.5 277 tier gear.

I finally got the 4-Piece set bonus for Tier 10 a few days ago, I've been working on this for a while and now have it and have tested it, done research on it, and ready to let you all know what I've found out.

Based on what I have read on other peoples blogs as well as forums and basically any information I can find on the web has said that the bonus heals for around 10% of your overall healing, which is pretty appealing to me because during the duration of a fight that really adds up. I've only had the opportunity to test it a few times so far but what I have done has supported these numbers. Further testing will have to be done especially since they are editing it a bit. I read today on MMO that they were making these changes:

* "The rejuvenation procs from the Druid Tier 10 will now work better in a raid group and not avoid targets that have any rejuvenation spell on them though it will continue to avoid targets that have the casting druid’s rejuvenation on them."

What I believe this means is that previous to this patch the bonus would avoid putting rejuv on players that already had rejuv from another druid, however now it will only avoid people that already have a rejuvenation from YOU. I'm not quite sure how this will effect the amount healed, my guess is that it won't have a huge effect, if anything it would bring the number up.

I enjoy seeing a random rejuv pop up on a raid member before I've had a chance to click them, it always brings a smile to my face and I can see the set bonus working. I've noticed it help with my healing in fights like the blood queen as well (which by the way is probably my new favorite fight, its very fun to heal you will see your HPS skyrocket too). This set bonus is awesome and very worth getting, I will be doing more testing on different fights and get back to everyone with more information if anything new comes up.

Anyone know what the range on the proc is? I assume its 40 yards from the target the rejuv is "spawning" from?

10+ Year Old Account

4 set is ridiculously op.

i saw my healing rise between 10-15% even 18% on bloodqueen because of the amount of random rejuvs popping up around the place.

Most op set for heavy aoe damage fights

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye

i saw my healing rise between 10-15% even 18% on bloodqueen because of the amount of random rejuvs popping up around the place.

i haven't had the opportunity to checkthe proc for myself as i really dont want to switch until i have the 4 264 pieces.
    Given you raid with 2 resto druids in 25 men, fights like BQL, sindragosa and (most of the fights) The raid should be fully blanketed.

Druid A should take groups 1-3 and druid B 3-5. ( normal rejuvenation glyph ofc) This even in times of little raid damage benefits from revitalize that can = an overall 300 more dps to energy users, slightly less to dks/warriors but a decent mana regen for casters + a buffer for eventual incoming damage.

Druid A rejuv would find themselves into groups 4-5 and Druids B to groups 1-2 ASSUMING rejuv has a 95%+up times as it should in any fight (unles su wana sit at full mana by the time the encounter is finished) It will be an insane 4pbonus. Not to mention the 2p that helps WG that is our second best heal in almost every scenario unless limited fights like saurfang where lifebloom is the way to go.

For 10 man where there really is no extra person for you're rejuv to proc to the set bonus is obviously useless and 4p t9 and rapid rejuv glyph still seems the way to go.

I'm looking forward to checking it out, if someone has LOGS please post some . I'm very happy with the change they made to Trauma as well and that+abaccus+4p bonus druids should be looking at an easy 25% more healing just from procs on aoe pulse fights...not bad! I'd trade it all in for a val'anyr tho...

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye

No, this award would go to the Shaman resto 4p. I've yet to see our shaman drop below 14% effective healing on his proc on Blood Queen. However the druid one is quite good for 25mans.

Shaman T10 4p is OP dont get me wrong. One of the best out there sometimes adding a total of 20-25% more healing in heavy aoe fights like BQL 25 and sindragosa.

But think about the Resto druid 4pt10 for a sec.

Assuming a druid is able to keep rejuv up on average 15 people every time using the 5/1 rotation.
    The T10 4p bonus can only proc on targets that do not have our rejuv so leaving 2 groups in 25 men.

In the long run 2 minutes into the fight it is possible for a single druid to have the entire raid hotted up ONLY from blanketing rejuv on group 1-3 and WG on cd.

This is incredibly efficient for the upcoming hardmodes where a safety blanket in the raid WILL BE the way to go until people get more practice in the encounter.

That+ the extra WG healing of the 2p makes the tier 10 resto druid two bonus added up incredibly efficient..arguably even more so then the resto shamans. Add a abaccus proc+trauma proc to that or val'anyr if you are lucky to have one and...and (dont quote me on this) But around a 30% increased healing on aoe fights. Assuming the 4pt10 rejuv also procs revitalise it will e amazing for the raid as a whole.

The T10 bonuses are geared towards constant AoE damage fights (and with the 4pc, really only 25m fights), and nothing else. I don't really see a ton usefulness in a randomly leaping rejuv on gunships, Saurfang, etc., because you normally have everyone marked/boiled/tanks rejuv'd anyway.

That being said, T10 + fixed Trauma is ridiculously powerful on aura fights. I'll try to scrape together a parse of one now that I have both those; only thing I have is a Recount I deleted that showed FoL at like 5% of my effective healing for twins.

10+ Year Old Account

t10 4 set for 10 man isnt to flash, 25 man its pretty much godmode.

/agree on trauma + t10. I just wish we would have a trauma drop D:!

A big issue I have with t10 4piece is that when I'm raid blanketing I typically have a routine that I follow. Like, I'll just Rejuv player 1, 2, 3, 4, and then 5 from say group 3. Then I'll repeat the process for groups 4 and 5, maybe toss a WG or SM, then repeat the process. When a new Rejuv gets put up it'll probably throw me off for a second as I'm trying to stick to my orderly routine.

I'll get used to it I'm sure, but it's definitely a weak bonus compared to it's predecessors and I'm seriously leaning towards getting the OP Boomkin tier pieces instead. I'm sitting on a solid 160 Frost badges going into Tuesday today having not spent any just because I'm so skeptical of the bonus.