Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...

Re: Revitalize not so good, why do so many druids take it?

Revitalize is THE ONLY raidwise resto druid talent. ( well ToL aura is a raidwise ablity also ).
    How come LS could be better? If u r still spamming Nourish or regrowth - please do me a favor and leave this game... or reroll palla, If u have to use Nourish in Your 25man raids more often then few times per boss fight, swap healers arounds couse it's fail.
    Resto Druid spamming Nourish = (wait for it....) WASTE OF RAID SPOT.

10+ Year Old Account

i seem to recall the only fight in icc that another class is above me is deathbringer saurfang or valithria, no other encounters not one healing class goes near me or my druid partner. And we both do not use nourish and we dont spam on tanks because there's no aoe damage.

Nourish spammng tanks yes is viable if your a tank healer bro but who wastes good raid healing talents for the off chance you need to tank heal?

Revitalize = best 25 man talent in our tree

Quote Originally Posted by Dendron
    Guys keep the "red herring" insults out of your posts. Talking about someones progression / grammar / about how he is motherless won't improve your argument at any level. This isn't a forum for trolls. We post here to learn and teach (and sometimes complain) about the druid class.
    Quoting this and adding some mod influence to it. I've already sent out a warning for a post here, so everyone just make sure to have a second thought about what you post before clicking the button.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronalis
    in soviet russia, mods troll you!

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Rejuviflye
    i seem to recall the only fight in icc that another class is above me is deathbringer saurfang or valithria, no other encounters not one healing class goes near me or my druid partner. And we both do not use nourish and we dont spam on tanks because there's no aoe damage.
    Sorry but I had to ask , what do you do so ?

Rejuvifly, each guild has its own ways. You mentioned several times shamans and priests for tank healing as opposed to raid healing. Maybe you've healed all WotLK raids with the same people, your guild, but you might be surprised to know that shamans and holy priests make excellent raid healers also.
    Plus not everyone is in 25man raiding guilds.
    Druids being tank healers can work out excellent, and even in 25man raids when yes its more practical to have druids do raid healing, nourish still can have its use, for raid healing.
    My points:
    Revitalize is great.
    Rejuv and WG are awesome.
    Nourish is awesome with all 4 HoTs on, and can be quite useful even alone.

10+ Year Old Account

Well something is better than nothing, and its either revitalize, or take nature's grace anyway. So really depends on what your healing style is i'd say.
    For 5mans and easy raids I use revitalize, and on purpose slap rejuvenation and wild growth on the melee.

Deleted

If you're haste cap'd and have no need for the extra balance talents , I'd say there's no reason not to get Revitalize as it can be handy , but even from the logs that are posted here you can see it's not that amazing 20k mana for a 5 min fight or so isn't a lot considering you'll have 16 or so mana users that's jsut about 1k mana each which for most dps is 1 spell maybe 2, saying that it's better then nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mahos
    It's all about helping the raid as a tree. You heal, and buff them. Theres many minor buffs like this one, and in the masses it's very noticeable.
    That.

What I recommend:
    http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?drui...yABC,LbX,11403

hmmm...been looking into this thread a few times and I will probably state something that has been before... meh

I take Revitalize because there is nothing else...
    I am 11/0/60 ( 948 haste ) my base nourish cast is at 1.06 seconds so I think natures grace is a waste raid buffed ... 1.01 with 5% totem, 32 haste till 1 second without ret ( well i think.. :P nourish cant go below 1 second cast ? )

I have improved tranquillity because I have lots of extra points also empowered touch so Revitalize naturally follows in talents that have a small use but i might as well take since my other options get me less.

I see no point in taking natural perfection because crit is wasted for me 10.78% or something atm also the effect is a waste because its not often that spells can crit ( was a blue fix stopping some spell being able to crit on dragon 2 (i suck at names)) but apart from that a melee crit on me basically seals the deal.

http://www.wowhead.com/?talent#0VG0z...dugiuVIsVo:xkA
    is what i am running with and tbh it works for me. If you are over the haste cap which by now I guess most are nearing ( i have only 1 item with crit and haste neck from totc 25 ) then spend the points where you wish overall it is a tiny difference and just suits your personal style if someone can prove that 2% crit is greater

Find me a better option than Revitalize but really it brings something unique to the raid that nothing else can really top from the remaining options...
    Vote Pengu for president!
    "For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much - the wheel, New York, wars and so on - whilst all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man - for precisely the same reasons."

Deleted

Nourish can easily drop below a 1 second cast time though you'd still be waiting for the GCD to come off in order to do anything else. I cannot see the usefulness of Improved Tranquillity, especially as Blizzard still have a party restriction on the spell.

Yes, Tranquility is a kitty spell, i never ever use it unless i am feral speced. Really sucks for resto druids.