15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Jon Snow knows nothing. /discuss
    He actually knows a few things.

1. How to piss off redheads.
    2. How to swordfight.
    3. How to get lost very quickly.
    4. How to piss off lord commanders.

I'd say the only thing Jon Snow doesn't know is WHO HIS MOM IS.

On a side note, the night watch story arc is the least well-written in the TV series. (IMO)

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    He actually knows a few things.

2. How to swordfight.
    3. How to get lost very quickly.
    4. How to piss off lord commanders.

I'd say the only thing Jon Snow doesn't know is WHO HIS MOM IS.

On a side note, the night watch story arc is the least well-written in the TV series. (IMO)
    You mean in comparison to the books? I agree. I love Jon as much as I loved him in the books, but I don't think the black brothers are seeing enough attention in the show.
    Playing Path of Exile and Guild Wars 2

Deleted
    You liked it better in the books or?

15+ Year Old Account
    I think in the second season, Danaerys' arc is the one that hasn't translated well from book to show. That's my opinion, anyway.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Deleted
    I've not read the books, I'll be honest, and nor have I seen any of Season #2, but during Season #1 the Nights Watch seemed rather weak and worthless. Not purely because of worsening times, but because of the story and build up.

Does this improve in Season #2? (No Spoilers!)

10+ Year Old Account
    That ends better for him than you'd expect.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2012-05-22 at 02:13 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaelsino View Post
    That ends better for him that you'd expect.
    Spoilers! *head explodes*

I take it you're not talking about the Channel 4 newsreader, but some other Jon Snow?

10+ Year Old Account
    it's a tie tbh, Jon Snow's arc is probably the most boring (and sorry, it doesn't get much better).

Dany's are however is just agravating, both in the TV show and the books, she starts off pretty cool, but kinda annoying, and as the series goes on she gets less cool and more annoying.

if I HAD to pick a worst, I'd say Jon's because at least Dany is hot but it's a close call.

and Enders Dany's are hasn't translated well because they keep frakkin changing everything
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    Jon will soon learn how to use his weener.

I'd say Jon is well played/translated in the TV series. (but his story is more bland than say Tyrion's)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    I take it you're not talking about the Channel 4 newsreader, but some other Jon Snow?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Sno...Fire)#Jon_Snow

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Incandio View Post
    Hehe. Jon Snow is the bastard son of the Ed Stark from the popular series A Game of Thrones.

Quote Originally Posted by Monk Brewslee View Post
    I've not read the books, I'll be honest, and nor have I seen any of Season #2, but during Season #1 the Nights Watch seemed rather weak and worthless. Not purely because of worsening times, but because of the story and build up.

Does this improve in Season #2? (No Spoilers!)
    It's established in the first book if not series (unsure) that the Night's Watch is in its weakest state in a long time, with all but two or three of the garrisons along the wall unmanned and fallen into disrepair for lack of men. They do what they can with what they have, which is not a lot.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    and Enders Dany's are hasn't translated well because they keep frakkin changing everything
    True, though to be fair, I didn't really like the whole Qarth "phase" in the books either. Gets substantially better in Astapor when she meets the old man... *wink*
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../enders/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Luuth View Post
    I think the easiest way to make people happy would be to nerf the target dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by Enders View Post
    True, though to be fair, I didn't really like the whole Qarth "phase" in the books either. Gets substantially better in Astapor when she meets the old man... *wink*
    staff to the head!

Ah.

Still, this thread was a lot more entertaining when I thought it was about the newsreader.

Dany is probably one of my favorite characters, and I'm kinda sad that nothing really seems to be happening in season 2 for her.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, that guy brings some much-needed... well, life into her little side-story.

15+ Year Old Account
    If by Astapor you mean Qarth, unless the show is changing that, then yes. Can't wait for that to happen at some point in the next two episodes. The only downside is we will instantly know who it is in the show as opposed to it being somewhat of a mystery in the books for a little bit. Can't wait since he is totally up there on my favorite characters list.