Thread: My Druid dps

My Druid dps

Hey guys im currently running at 15-13 fps during raids and im wondering how badly that's affecting my dps. I normally do about 7200-7500 dps on festergut but I should be higher. My rotations are pretty sound and recently have aquired a mangle bot. please critique, flame, or snicker.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Anninhilus

P.S. I just obtained the distant land last night so i have not factored that in to my dpsI was using the archon glave from the 25 man TOC prior to this.
    [

Re: My Druid dps

*Note: I am a boomkin speculating*

latency will be a factor when trying to reapply Rip/Rake because you want to minimize the time that these are off the target, while not clipping them.

I also think that feral druids of all the classes probably are effected by Latency the least, as you arent a spamming ability class, and limited by #of abilities cast in rapid succession. Ferals are resource managers, and you can be .25s or w/e off on your reapplication of SR/mangle etc and still be OK.

If you take casters for example, we do 0 dps when just standing there (minus dots i guess which can be treated like rip/rake) so if we are not casting for 0.2 seconds every cast due to latency we are gimping our dps about 10-20%.

At least with melee your top damage done is through your standard melee hits. I believe (correct me if im wrong) that latency doesnt effect these attacks unless for some reason this makes you miss a second or 2 of boss dps time due to being out of range.

*EDIT I said "RIP" instead of "Latency" in the paragraph about Ferals being effected by it the least
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lethon&n=Boomkindance

duly noted my feathered friend.
    [

Quote Originally Posted by Boomkindance
    At least with melee your top damage done is through your standard melee hits. I believe (correct me if im wrong) that latency doesnt effect these attacks unless for some reason this makes you miss a second or 2 of boss dps time due to being out of range.
    You're right, 13-15 FPS isn't that bad for most boss fights. I've definitly delt with worse and still have little problems maintaining my rotation. Casters definitly suffer from low FPS more than melee do. The only difficulties with low FPS during encounters usually has to do with boss movement and aoe damage. BUT its really not that bad.

to sum it up, its probably not your FPS. you might be having legitamit problems with your rotation.

though on the other hand 7.2-7.5 isn't that bad for most boss fights (depending on your gear). I can't armory right now cause my work computer blows.

Yeah its not bad Biznik but If you could see my gear I think maybe I should be a little higher. Thanks for the advise with the fps issue I thought that was the prime suspect. Unfortunately Im at my wits end with my roatation I keep rip, rake, (and mangle up if no mangle bot) SR up to my Best abily. I shred and pool energy to ensure this and rarely use FB doe to timer and dot management.
    [

Just as a comparison, I'm around the same gear level and pull ~9k on festergut while mangling.

The best suggestion I can give is to practice on the target dummies. Try and get higher uptimes and/or work FB in more.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

FPS really doesn't affect your rotations that badly.

Looking over your gear I can see where you may be having problems.

First off you are using the ARP proc trinket however you are not at the soft cap for ARP. You need about 10% more ARP (closer to 9%) to hit the soft cap with that trinket. Until then I would recommend gemming Agi so that you can maintain a higher level of combo points for FBing/SR/Rip.

I would recommend going with Beserking over mongoose.

For your gear level that DPS isn't bad. I was struggling with managing the right priorities and when to let RIP drop off for FBing etc... etc... I range between 8.5-9k dps these days.

I logged out in my tank gear so I can't really give you a good comparison since I'm at work and can't change armory. I'd recommend pushing for some ARP pieces to get to your soft cap which will make your trinket more viable however at the same time you'll find a lack luster amount of crit because you are having to gem arp so much. Once you get a good median of ARP gear with only a few ARP gems for soft cap your DPS will go up.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinmaul
    Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

Quote Originally Posted by Mnementh

First off you are using the ARP proc trinket however you are not at the soft cap for ARP. You need about 10% more ARP (closer to 9%) to hit the soft cap with that trinket. Until then I would recommend gemming Agi so that you can maintain a higher level of combo points for FBing/SR/Rip.

I logged out in my tank gear so I can't really give you a good comparison since I'm at work and can't change armory. I'd recommend pushing for some ARP pieces to get to your soft cap which will make your trinket more viable however at the same time you'll find a lack luster amount of crit because you are having to gem arp so much. Once you get a good median of ARP gear with only a few ARP gems for soft cap your DPS will go up.
    First off thanks for the info, correct me I could be wrong but isnt the soft cap for arp 1100 if so I hit that when my trink procs otherwise yeah thats a prob lol. My crit is at 68-69 percent so just out of curiosity you think I should still gem agil? I was under the impression that 71-73% would cap me for white hits. Is this true. Like I said all the info is helping me guys as Im not a know it all lol
    [

Since the last ArPen nerf the new hardcap is 1400. That's why you need 722 with that trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Selverein
    Since the last ArPen nerf the new hardcap is 1400. That's why you need 722 with that trinket.
    aaaaaa. I see so clearly now. hmmm hopefully ill get closer to that once i finish gemming my new tier chest and neck piece tonite.
    Youve all been wonderfully helpful !!!! May Malfurion shed his light upon u!
    [

You should be able to dps pretty much perfectly with 13-15fps, I don't really think your bad performance can be put down to lag.

I'm currently running on a verrrrrry old laptop, I struggle to run 25mans at all and get around 2-3 fps on festergut (sometimes hits 1 fps when heroism pops), this definately affects my performance, the main problem is that I seem to struggle to make proper use of FB while lagging a lot. In 10mans I get around 6-8 fps and find that I can dps absolutely fine under those conditions.

My gear is very similar to yours (had i245 staff on our last raid, just got distant land same as you), my gear is perhaps slightly better in a few slots but not enough to warrent the dps difference. On our 25man festergut attempts I was getting around 9k dps and I had 9.2k on the killing attempt. In our 10man run last night with distant land I was getting 9k on saurfang/festergut without heroism, a manglebot, 4% phys dmg or 3% haste buffs.

The problem is definately rotation, although there are a couple slots that you could easily upgrade gear.

Mirror of truth -> Greatness card or Banner of victory
    Bracers -> Toc25 craftable bracers

Professions are also sub-optimal, you are gaining nothing from mining and only 40 crit from skinning. Compare that with the 82 ArP you could be getting from JC/BS and you're losing a fair few dps here.

As for rotation, it's very hard to suggest how you can improve without seeing a log. If for example your rip uptime was only 60%, it would be pretty obvious where you're going wrong. There are a million threads saying the feral priorities, so I can't really say anything new, all I can really say is to practice and if you're having issues forget about FB for the time being, you'll still do decent dps without FB.

Quote Originally Posted by anninhilus
    First off thanks for the info, correct me I could be wrong but isnt the soft cap for arp 1100 if so I hit that when my trink procs otherwise yeah thats a prob lol. My crit is at 68-69 percent so just out of curiosity you think I should still gem agil? I was under the impression that 71-73% would cap me for white hits. Is this true. Like I said all the info is helping me guys as Im not a know it all lol
    Basically what Selverein said.

With the trinket you want to be hitting the hard cap of 100%. To do this you require I believe 51.5% roughly ARP before the trinket proc to reach 100%

It's a little tricky to work around but there are a lot of items out there that will help you get to the ARP soft cap, even the hard cap if you want to push that far.
    ~ Never switching off the boss to kill adds and blinking into defile; the story of Swizzle.

Never tell the truth if it's going to make you look bad. You tell them you are an officer in Paragon and that you are fluent in Finnish. Then you can say you are used to long grinds and doing whatever it takes to ensure a big finish.

It's a little tricky to work around but there are a lot of items out there that will help you get to the ARP soft cap, even the hard cap if you want to push that far.
    Yeah, you have to be picky about upgrades if you wanna pursue a high level of ArPen, which is not something common in most raiders (who usually look purely at the ilvl of drops).

And really if you can afford to go after hardcap, do it. DPS is my OS so I'll have to be content with the softcap for now.

I would like to point out that you should take people's individual DPS levels with a grain of salt.

Every guild and run is different. Look at the top parses on WOL for feral druids and you will see they all get buffs like hysteria and chain tricks etc... etc... which is a significant dps buff.

I'm my guild we see ferals as a lack luster dps unless decked out (DPS is considered my offspec as I am a tank first so I don't get all the dps perks). That said I am never the target for single buffs and rightfully so. There is no reason to drop buffs on a player who is doing less dps than another. I've just recently changed over to feral from Resto and it took me a bit to get comfortable with the DPS rotations and timings for FB however now that I have it down and a little bit of gear to back me up I am able to pull a respectable amount of dps but still not enough to warrant single combat buffs to increase my dps when more dmg would come if it was placed on a mage or rogue etc...

Quote Originally Posted by avengingbt

The problem is definately rotation, although there are a couple slots that you could easily upgrade gear.

Mirror of truth -> Greatness card or Banner of victory
    Bracers -> Toc25 craftable bracers

Professions are also sub-optimal, you are gaining nothing from mining and only 40 crit from skinning. Compare that with the 82 ArP you could be getting from JC/BS and you're losing a fair few dps here.

Im trying to get rid of that MOT I have really bad luck on trinks lol and banner of vic has evaded my for the last month. I do it about toc7-8 time then i get tired of running it and try again the next day. (still no excuse for still having it true) the craftable bracers arnt bad i just dont see myself wasting the money when all are rouges have the icc10 and 25 ones so i shouldnt have to roll against anyone else now. Lastly the profession change has been on my mind for a while. i do tend to make so gold on those two which makes me hesatant to change them so I may just bite the bullet and take ur suggestion. thx
    [

Quote Originally Posted by anninhilus
    Im trying to get rid of that MOT I have really bad luck on trinks lol and banner of vic has evaded my for the last month. I do it about toc7-8 time then i get tired of running it and try again the next day. (still no excuse for still having it true) the craftable bracers arnt bad i just dont see myself wasting the money when all are rouges have the icc10 and 25 ones so i shouldnt have to roll against anyone else now. Lastly the profession change has been on my mind for a while. i do tend to make so gold on those two which makes me hesatant to change them so I may just bite the bullet and take ur suggestion. thx
    If you plan to be raiding full time on your druid I would recommend picking up something like Enchanting/JCing/Blacksmith. Farming professions are for alts and if you want to stand out as a player on the meters and just from a quick visual armory check you should pick up professions that are better suited for your raid needs.

If you plan to be raiding full time on your druid I would recommend picking up something like Enchanting/JCing/Blacksmith. Farming professions are for alts and if you want to stand out as a player on the meters and just from a quick visual armory check you should pick up professions that are better suited for your raid needs.
    :'( yeah its time to say good buy to mining first.
    [

I would like to point out that you should take people's individual DPS levels with a grain of salt.

Every guild and run is different. Look at the top parses on WOL for feral druids and you will see they all get buffs like hysteria and chain tricks etc... etc... which is a significant dps buff.

I'm my guild we see ferals as a lack luster dps unless decked out (DPS is considered my offspec as I am a tank first so I don't get all the dps perks). That said I am never the target for single buffs and rightfully so. There is no reason to drop buffs on a player who is doing less dps than another. I've just recently changed over to feral from Resto and it took me a bit to get comfortable with the DPS rotations and timings for FB however now that I have it down and a little bit of gear to back me up I am able to pull a respectable amount of dps but still not enough to warrant single combat buffs to increase my dps when more dmg would come if it was placed on a mage or rogue etc...
    Technically, hysteria shouldn't be used on anyone EXCEPT a feral druid, as they are the only class that gets the full 20% boost from it. (Warrior, the only other full physical class has their own enrage effects increasing damage by 10%, this replaces it thus only raising their damage by 10%)

But yeah, the reason kitties get those buffs is because they are extremely high, if not the highest, dps in their respective raids.

According to simcraft, op should be pulling ~9k while mangling.
    Nom Nom Nom [NNF] (2 points) - When you Ferocious Bite a target at or below 25% health, you have a 50/100% chance to instantly refresh the duration of your Rip on the target.

Quote Originally Posted by Melonberry

According to simcraft, op should be pulling ~9k while mangling.
    This makes me sad enough to die on a furball : (
    [