Thread: Tank gear

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Re: Tank gear

Quote Originally Posted by Hippykong
    Before i start I want to make sure you dont take anything personally in my post, im just inquiring and trying to put some ideas in.

The problem may not be your gear if even your own guild doesnt want to raid with you as a tank. Im wondering if you have tanked any heroics or older raids like naxx/OS/VoA/EoE or anything... do you have any tank experience?

If your not getting raids maybe its because your skill level just isnt there yet, or not up to par with what they expect or can get from someone else.

IF this is the case then your problem is SMALLER then you think. All you need to do is read up a little and then apply what you read to a few practice runs in some heroics or old raids.

IF this is not the case. then im sorry, and maybe you should try to find a new group to raid with
    It's not that they won't take me because i'm not good enough, it's that they already have their set 10mans
    Gearscore is doing exactly what people want it to do to you. Motivate you to get gear.
    No it's doing just the opposite. It's preventing people who can actually use the upgrade from having a chnace at it. I don't need any motivation to get my gear, i already yhave that desireIf anything i'm losing any interest in playing due to the simple fact that people are able to be so elitist about this shit

OK, this is going to sound mean. But here goes.

You say that you guild runs several 10s and that all those groups are full up and when you try to start your own people avoid you like the plague.

Well, the problem may just be you.

Not your GS or anything but you personally.

In other words I'd try upping your reputation in the guild and just let the gear come. So run randoms, be willing to farm and pretty much bank karma. This way you'll either have alts that are geared up and ready to run with you or you'll have just proven yourself ans a reliable player that the group can count on.

Quote Originally Posted by Shelly
    OK, this is going to sound mean. But here goes.

You say that you guild runs several 10s and that all those groups are full up and when you try to start your own people avoid you like the plague.

Well, the problem may just be you.

Not your GS or anything but you personally.

In other words I'd try upping your reputation in the guild and just let the gear come. So run randoms, be willing to farm and pretty much bank karma. This way you'll either have alts that are geared up and ready to run with you or you'll have just proven yourself ans a reliable player that the group can count on.
    I don't have a bad rep, and people aren't avoiding me, i just mean there's no one rly left to make a group with. I've tried forming groups with whoever wanted to go, andwhen i can't get a full group, i pug the rest. It doesn't end up working out. Though a couple times we've cleared the 1st 4 bosses, getting that commited group just doesn't come easily. I've been in the guild a long time andi always thought i was being cool about who i take because as long as you were able to stick with it, we'd manage to pull through which we have. Now there just aren't any people like that left

If for whatever reason gearscore is the only problem, put on your best pieces for every slot, even if they are offspec just to build it up. Then when you get invited, go to your full tank stuff. Usually people don't take a second look, unless you perform badly. But if you are a competent tank as you say, you shouldn't run into this issue.