Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just a thought? (AotD)

Would having the taunt effect of Army of the Dead removed whilst not being in Frost presence reduce their effectiveness at all?
    If not then why couldn't this be implemented? It would save a lot of time and hassle for tanks who don't like the spell.

(Yes I just had another retarded DK with the mental and civil capacity of a brick use it after specifically asking them not to at the beginning of the instance to not use army of the dead.) :

Re: Just a thought?

Quote Originally Posted by Lusei
    Would having the taunt effect of Army of the Dead whilst not being in Frost presence reduce their effectiveness at all?
    If not then why couldn't this be implemented? It would save a lot of time and hassle for tanks who don't like the spell.

(Yes I just had another retarded DK with the mental and civil capacity of a brick use it after specifically asking them not to at the beginning of the instance to not use army of the dead.) :
    I only ever use it for personal amusement. If I'm tanking a pug with a couple of asshats, I'll pop it on a boss (think violet hold) and call it russian roulette.

I don't care if your going to be an ass in a group. :
    I'd like a proper response to my query if it is at all possible.

I don't care if your going to be an ass in a group. :
    I'd like a proper response to my query if it is at all possible.
    No, they don't really do any "threat," they just spam taunts until they die.

Seems like a reasonable change to me
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Hohenhe%C3%ADm
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightning's+Blade&n=Caim
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottK15
    skill>penis/vag

Quote Originally Posted by Doirdyn
    No, they don't really do any "threat," they just spam taunts until they die.
    Because auto attacking gouls dont have threat?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    Because auto attacking ghouls dont have threat?
    Fixed, and what he meant was that the army just taunt they don't pull much aggro if they didnt taunt.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

It doesn't effect raid bosses, so why would blizzard bother changing it. So the dragon in Vh doesnt get spun around and tail wipe your healer for 1200 dmg?
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Mannoroth&cn=Chimaria

People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world.

10+ Year Old Account

Follow up with a taunt of your own and - BAM! - you have a Massive threat lead. Follow up with another taunt, after a few seconds...same result. Repeat till Death...since, someone will die. :P

Also, depending on the group and dungeon...well, most people obscenely overgear heroics anyway, so it shouldn't be that much of a problem whether a tank is tanking, whether ghouls are attacking a boss, or if a clothie gets cleaved. Okay, that last one might hurt, but...meh, as long as it's not the healer! :P

I do understand it MIGHT be annoying, but being a tank - 99.99% (that's repeating of course) of the time - I really don't care when I use my abilities as long as they're properly used to save my party. And if a DpS-ing Death Knight pops Army, I couldn't care less till someone dies...which would rarely happen. Also, I won't fully understand your problem since...as I said, I am a tanking Death Knight, and I have rarely faced serious issues with Army.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimaria
    It doesn't effect raid bosses, so why would blizzard bother changing it. So the dragon in Vh doesnt get spun around and tail wipe your healer for 1200 dmg?
    And this! HaHa...Wait, ZOMG! 1.2k Damage?! That would kill!
    (Is it really that low?)
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

If your a tanking Death Knight, thats fine.. that means I'm playing my hunter and I'm not affected.
    But when I'm tanking and suddenly a DK pops Army and I begin to see "Losing threat" pop up all over my screen it becomes quite distracting and VERY annoying.
    There is no need for the taunt effect unless its a DK tanking, and they might need the extra boost.

DPS do not need a taunt effect.

What bothers me the most however is the amount of DK's who use it just to be an asshole "for the lulz" after I've specifically asked them not to use it.
    Whats the point? There isn't one.. congratulations.. your an asshole Mr DK. Meet my ignore list.

Mmm, I enjoy it on Heroic bosses as a DPS and a Tank.

DPS Standpoint = Yay extra dps and nobody seems to care
    Tank Standpoint = Taunt 10 seconds later and have infinite threat.

10+ Year Old Account

Only a fail tank would QQ about army

I don't pop it anymore in a Heroic... Cause the tank always cries... " AH THERE"S SAND IN MY VAG.. YOUR ARMY IS KILLING MY THREAT!!"

So now I only pop it if the group is bad

Quote Originally Posted by Nastydeath
    Only a fail tank would QQ about army
    I have had more than one person pop army of the dead in groups with myself tanking, and many many well geared capable tanks. Its the same annoying shit as having a retardin put Hand of Reckoning in his rotation, except the only thing dying are stupid ghouls that pull the tanks mob all over the f*cking place.

And I dont wanna hear "oh qq blah blah play a dk and try it" i have a pretty decently geared dk tank / dps.....and I NEVER use that stupid spell unless its an oh shit moment when the tank dies.

We had an asshat dk pop it on Rotface and wipe us.....after we nicely asked him to stop using it throughout the instance. It taunted shit on saurfang and he yelled at us that we didnt "UNDERSTAND HIS CLASS LOL".....yeah..GG retard, pop that spell and waste peoples time....

All in all......unless youre tanking, keep that shit on lock, cus most tanks hate it.

i think it would increase the effectiveness because they all stand behind the boss without running around and parries... so yes a nice idea

Why not just remove the taunt and give DKs a proper AoE taunt?

Setting that idea aside it does bother me when idiots use this spell, there are several situations where turning heroic bosses matters. Take Mal'Ganis for example, his frontal cone attack deals 9.5k damage (3000 of which is over time) and he has a mind blast for 9.5k which I believe is targeted randomly. So army can get people killed on Mal'Ganis, but usually only the kind of people who actually need gear from heroics (at some point you did too).

Also Cyanigosa's Tail Swipe deals 4k physical damage (so it could hit a plate wearer for 1.2) more dangerous than that is her breath ability which deals 8k arcane damage + 10k arcane damage over time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I pity people who have gotten so insensate to disrespect and abuse from repetition that they have elevated being jaded to a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw

Setting that idea aside it does bother me when idiots use this spell, there are several situations where turning heroic bosses matters. Take Mal'Ganis for example, his frontal cone attack deals 9.5k damage (3000 of which is over time) and he has a mind blast for 9.5k which I believe is targeted randomly. So army can get people killed on Mal'Ganis, but usually only the kind of people who actually need gear from heroics (at some point you did too).

Also Cyanigosa's Tail Swipe deals 4k physical damage (so it could hit a plate wearer for 1.2) more dangerous than that is her breath ability which deals 8k arcane damage + 10k arcane damage over time.
    As much as I hate the little taunt-bots when I'm tanking. I don't want it removed, it's an incredibly iconic spell for DKs. Summoning your army and just letting it go insane.

I really do wish I could turn off the taunt-mechanic though on tauntable bosses. Otherwise it's just so much free dps.

10+ Year Old Account

If your a tanking Death Knight, thats fine.. that means I'm playing my hunter and I'm not affected.
    But when I'm tanking and suddenly a DK pops Army and I begin to see "Losing threat" pop up all over my screen it becomes quite distracting and VERY annoying.
    There is no need for the taunt effect unless its a DK tanking, and they might need the extra boost.

DPS do not need a taunt effect.

What bothers me the most however is the amount of DK's who use it just to be an asshole "for the lulz" after I've specifically asked them not to use it.
    Whats the point? There isn't one.. congratulations.. your an asshole Mr DK. Meet my ignore list.
    Bah! I never realized a Retribution Paladin couldn't use Hand of Reckoning or Righteous Defense! (/self-facepalm) Even worse, I never knew the threat from the ghouls was transferred to the Death Knight, and that a tank couldn't taunt off to gain a massive lead!

Wait - what's that? - taunts, especially Righteous Defense (from a Paladin perspective), can be useful (situational), and ghouls' threat is not transferred to the Death Knight?
    ...So, what's the [real] issue? :-/

Post your armory link, please. I am guessing you over-gear all heroics, like 99%(?) of the current population of 80s. Mine is in my signature. Army can be pretty fun, unless you're just...some sort of a sourpuss; no offense intended. :P
    Death Knight 90 (Primary Main) | Hunter 90 (My First Toon) | Paladin 90 (Secondary Main)
    Yay! Sparklies and Pretty Butterflies!
    */Gives everyone Candiz, and /Waves with Blankie*
    Quote Originally Posted by XepNes View Post
    . . .*Giefs Valquirie a cookie jar*

Aww, thank you. ^_^

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Fornaw
    Blizzard said the taunt is there for when a DK is soloing more then one mob at a time. I tested this and it doe's help extremely when I had more then 4 mobs on me, the ghouls taunted 3 of them and I was left with only 2 so it was just simpler to do it this way. They also added the taunt so DK's don't have this semi-big dps increase during a heroic, if the ghouls didn't have the taunt a DK would pop army and they're dps would get increased maybe not a huge amount but maybe 200-300points.

And if a DK is in frost presence Death and Decay generates tons of aggro, why do you think the t10 pc bonus increases its damage by 20%?
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Valquirie
    Bah! I never realized a Retribution Paladin couldn't use Hand of Reckoning or Righteous Defense! (/self-facepalm) Even worse, I never knew the threat from the ghouls was transferred to the Death Knight, and that a tank couldn't taunt off to gain a massive lead!

Wait - what's that? - taunts, especially Righteous Defense (from a Paladin perspective), can be useful (situational), and ghouls' threat is not transferred to the Death Knight?
    ...So, what's the [real] issue? :-/

Post your armory link, please. I am guessing you over-gear all heroics, like 99%(?) of the current population of 80s. Mine is in my signature. Army can be pretty fun, unless you're just...some sort of a sourpuss; no offense intended. :P
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...glade&cn=Lusei

I don't particularly see what my armory has to do with anything.
    Yes I out gear heroics and I am ICC 10 capable but what has that got to do with the annoyance of Army of the dead in heroics? I still don't like the taunting mechanism of Army of the Dead

Also, What Ret or Holy Paladin in their right mind would be using Hand of Reckoning or Righteous Defense in their rotation in the first place?

The answer to your question on what the real issue is.. is why is it needed in the first place if its going give the DK only a 200 - 400 DPS increase yet possibly kill a party member (situational). Also why is it popped if I specifically ask for it NOT To be, the only time I ask for Army of the Dead is on phase 2 of the Black Knight in Totc. The answer to all this is... it isn't needed, at all... what so ever. I ask for it not to be used and you use it anyway just to purposely piss me off because your a big bad ass DK with an army of ghouls. If your ghouls are so good why am I needed to tank in the first place? I don't enjoy losing control of the mob I am trying to control because you want to flex your epeen on recount.

Do you understand where I am coming from now, Valquirie?
    Its god damned annoying to say the least, and I find it incredibly sad that the majority of brain dead DK's use the spell just to act like an asshole because they can. Common courtesy and manners aswell as the spirit of fun go out the window the moment this happens:

This isn't to say that ALL DK's are assholes, just the majority sadly.
    I've met some really nice DK players who have said after I've asked them in a whisper "Yeah sure, no worries. Its not like I use it much anyway so its all cool with me " and I've raided along side some brilliant DK tanks in Ulduar and TotChampion.

Sadly as I've said.. the majority just stop becoming decent people and decent players... yeah cool its a hero class. Its a broken class due to the broken players playing it.

It seems at this point your clutching at straws just to try and discredit me with "But you outgear instances lol, shutup already" argument which is completely besides the point.

My original question still stands to you Valquirie, what impact would having the taunt mechanism removed unless the DK was in frost presence have in instances?