Holy Paladin requesting help with RAWR/gearing!

Hello, this is me http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...Hand&cn=Cataya

I have some trouble with RAWR, and I would love some help from an experienced Rawr user!

The options are currently set to (copied from the elitist jerks thread)
    Burst scale 35%
    Activity 90%
    Holy shock 10%
    10% FoL 90% HoL
    Sacred shield uptime 100%
    Fight Length 5min
    GHL target 1
    Maintain judgement/jotp
    Mana potion 0
    Divine plea 2min CD (does this mean I use it every 2 min? because I don't and I can't, because our tanks will die)
    Replinishment uptime 95%
    Lay hands on self unchecked
    Beacon uptime 100% Effectivness 35%
    Ignore spirit and hit items checked.

I only run 10mans with my guild, and I want my gear to be as good as possible for that. I don't really care about optimizing my performance in pugs.
    I have ToC 10/25, ToGC 10 and ICC 10 normal gear available to me. Rawr seems to chose crit/haste items over haste/mp5, but I need that mp5.
    It also semms to match more sockets than needed for my meta. Could anyone help me with the options, and give me some tips, please?

Re: Holy Paladin requesting help with RAWR/gearing!

Rawr is just a tool. And is especially imperfect for healers. It's like that disclaimer on Yahoo maps. "When using any driving directions or map, it's a good idea to do a reality check and make sure the road still exists, watch out for construction, and follow all traffic safety precautions. This is only to be used as an aid in planning."
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

All you really need to know is that Haste/Mp5 items > Haste/crit items > Crit/mp5 items pretty much. After that you should be able to eyeball the gear to see the upgrade value for you.

Theorycrafting in World of Casualcraft?

- Get Libram of Renewal
    - Get more Crit
    - Take what you get.

Gearing is so simple, dont waste time on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori

- Get Libram of Renewal
    - Get more Crit
    - Take what you get.

Crit is a very bad regen stat since the changes. You take crit as you get it on gear and through int. Haste/mp5 is always better throughput and regen then the crit options.

It's not hard to figure out what gear to use, I am more intrested in comparing trinkets, talents and enchants.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessa
    It's not hard to figure out what gear to use, I am more intrested in comparing trinkets, talents and enchants.
    Ok. Spec into divine sac in the prot tree. Either 51/20/0, 52/17/2 or something along those lines.

BiS trinkets are Heroic Solace and Heroic Sliver of Ice. Other obtainable and very good trinkets are normal Solace, Purified Lunar Dust, or even Talisman of Resurgence. While gearing up early on, the ToC 5 trinket is useful. There's really no reason talking about any other trinkets since there is no debate on how effective the ones I listed are and 2 of those you can buy with badges. Don't be fooled though, normal Sliver of Ice is AWFUL. Heroic is so good because its a 1 min CD instead of 2 and it gives more mana back.

Hope that helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Lori

- Get Libram of Renewal
    - Get more Crit
    - Take what you get.

Its not hard but still you are doing it wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Triston
    Ok. Spec into divine sac in the prot tree. Either 51/20/0, 52/17/2 or something along those lines.

BiS trinkets are Heroic Solace and Heroic Sliver of Ice. Other obtainable and very good trinkets are normal Solace, Purified Lunar Dust, or even Talisman of Resurgence. While gearing up early on, the ToC 5 trinket is useful. There's really no reason talking about any other trinkets since there is no debate on how effective the ones I listed are and 2 of those you can buy with badges. Don't be fooled though, normal Sliver of Ice is AWFUL. Heroic is so good because its a 1 min CD instead of 2 and it gives more mana back.

Hope that helped.
    Thank you, at the moment I am using normal Solace and Talisman of Resurgence. I will pass the normal Pure Ice to our resto druid. Is it worth getting Purified Lunar Dust instead of keeping Talisman, or should I get emblem gloves/belt first?

You shouldn't be buying the belt or gloves anyhow? If you need a belt, buy 3 Saronite instead and sell them to have more than enough gold to buy the BOE (and current BiS) Belt of the Blood Nova. The plate gloves are alright, but do you not have access to anything out of 25 ICC or what? I see that you're a part of a 10 man guild, but the first four bosses on 25 are easily and often pugged on pretty much every realm. And a mildly decent group will be able to get Fester and Rot down as well. Fallen Lord's Handguards are exactly the same as the badge option and drop for free off of Lady Deathwhisper. You could save yourself a bunch of gold on the Belt as well by simply picking it up from Saurfang.

As far as your trinket options go, read this thread that details how much regen each trinket is capable of.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.