Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How many high rank Scourge members did we truly destroy?

Arthas? Yes, as the Lich King he's over.
    Ner'zhul? doesn't look like he's truly gone.
    Kel'thuzad? Almost sure he's still there.
    What about others?
    From the blood princes example we can see the Scourge members can be bring back if the Lich King wants. Or some higher rank undead can do it, too. Dar'Khan was once burned to ashes by the sunwell's energy. But he was brought back in BC with his body, without the Lich King's help.
    I guess most of the undead members we killed can be bring back if the Lich King wants. If Ner'zhul gain control of Bolvar's body, then it's like Argent Crusade fought so hard but affected the Scourge very little.

Re: How many high rank Scourge members did we truly destroy?

Blizzard completely forgot about the leaders of the Cult of the Damned Kel'Thuzad put in place after he became a Lich.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Pai_Stormbringer
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Ul%27haik_Hadanot

In before: o noez rp book lore is falser than Knaak's crap that gets put in-game

Erm...don't think it really matters.
    By Blood and Honor We Serve!

We pretty much decimated the scourge already. Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak, Falric, Marwyn, all the ICC bosses, all the named npc's and a the shitloads of undead we killed by dailies and questing all over northrend. Thats why imo the ending doesn't make sense, we would completely obliterate the scourge if the lich king died.
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events
    "Steal the shit out of my ideas"

But did we TRULY destroy them?
    Even the Lich King only lost its host, the power within the helm didn't seem lose much.

15+ Year Old Account

I'm just gonna assume they will add the Cult of the Damned leaders in Cataclysm as 5-man bosses or something of the kind.
    P.s.: Don't forget the Quest Mobs. Technically, they were commanders as well.

Also: Moved to General because this isn't a "About Cataclysm" thread.
    Dawwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Sauredfangs
    We pretty much decimated the scourge already. Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak, Falric, Marwyn, all the ICC bosses, all the named npc's and a the shitloads of undead we killed by dailies and questing all over northrend. Thats why imo the ending doesn't make sense, we would completely obliterate the scourge if the lich king died.
    as far as i can remember, we never took kel'thuzads phylactery. he could come back whenever he wants, if you don't take the lich's phylactery, they can regenerate endlessly

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by SHADOWLION

Kel'thuzad? Almost sure he's still there.
    I like how blizzard recycles old bosses and claims that <insert instance of current Xpack - 1> was merely a setback.

Pretty much any of them of whom we didn't make sure the spirit could inhabit a new body or a restored body, has not been permanently destroyed, so far, that's not many.
    I'm an altoholic since 2005.

imo the lich king wont really be a threat again in years, or maybe even never with the argent crusade in icecrown. But if the scourge even manages to find new replacements i can only see a sequel to the events of 3.3 as a quick battle for undercity like quest in the 4th expansion
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Deleted

Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak, the Blood Princes, all came back from our "killings" in the first time. They are undead, they only need to reanimated to come back. That's why the ending does make sense, the Scourge isn't going anywhere soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorancy
    as far as i can remember, we never took kel'thuzads phylactery. he could come back whenever he wants, if you don't take the lich's phylactery, they can regenerate endlessly
    the wierd thing about kel this expansion is when he died he turned into an orb. Idk what that means but I think without anyone to revive him he can't do that.

Besides, he makes a good none combat pet
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror
    Kel'thuzad, Anub'arak, the Blood Princes, all came back from our "killings" in the first time. They are undead, they only need to reanimated to come back. That's why the ending does make sense, the Scourge isn't going anywhere soon.
    well who's gonna do it now, the lich king is frozen and i dont think kel is coming back any time soon >.>
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Deleted

well who's gonna do it now, the lich king is frozen and i dont think kel is coming back any time soon >.>
    Surviving members of the Cult. That's how he came back in the second time.

Surviving members of the Cult. That's how he came back in the second time.
    Ok. im convinced, there is some sense in the ending. Besides its not world of realcraft : /
    Ideas:
    Self Adventuring
    PVP Public Events

Read the story about Hercules and the Hydra.

If you don't have time, here's the gist of it:

Cut off the head, another grows back.

Just because some leaders are gone, doesn't mean more will rise up from the ranks and take over.

They served Lich King Arthas: Evil
    They now serve Lich King Bolvar: Good

The ending was about control, the undead does as their master commands, in Arthas case it was evil.

Quote Originally Posted by Cybear
    The quest in question:
    The phylactery is all that remains of the master of Naxxramas. Your better judgment dictates that you destroy the phylactery, preventing the lich from ever reforming. Thankfully, you seldom listen to that internal voice of reason.

Someone at Light's Hope will pay you hugely for this artifact. Who cares if Kel'Thuzad regenerates to full power?

Quote Originally Posted by Schmittay
    They served Lich King Arthas: Evil
    They now serve Lich King Bolvar: Good

The ending was about control, the undead does as their master commands, in Arthas case it was evil.
    No, the real evil that corrupted Arthas, is the Lich King's power, maybe with Ner'zhul.