Pet talent and other questions

Hello

I have a level 74 Dwarf BM hunter alt. I still run with my original cat [snow leopard]. I kinda noticed that my DPS was super bad so I have been using Shandara's spreadsheet [absolutely AWESOME - should have a sticky solely to link it ]. After I did the pet talents it hit me that the cat already has dash as a spell. So...in the pet talents speccing dash gives no benefit and I can use it elsewhere right? Just need to confirm my suspicions .

Some other questions:
    1. How do you handle trash mobs with shooting priorities? The Spreadsheet is great for single boss targets - but multiple mobs... Do I spam volley? Select a single mob (caster type) and concentrate on that? Suggestions?
    2. Timer bar - I have a lock that uses Necrosis and it has a great timer bar. I'm looking for something similar - castingbars doesn't work. I loaded ForteXorcist and I find it's not very intuitive ie doesn't work for me. Anything better out there? Maybe a good FAQ on it would be cool too. I like bars - if that is any help - my main is a feral and BadKitty is great that way as well.

The hunter sticky at the top is great - but Elitistjerks have a great BM thread as well. Here's the link http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t52682-r...ry_3_3_beyond/

Re: Pet talent and other questions

No pet will have dash unless specced for it. Pets only come with a focus dump and their family ability, rake and prowl for cats.

You should only volley above single target if the damage you can do with volley exceeds your single target DPS, this should normally be around three mobs or more.

For bars, I'm not sure what you're looking for. If you want something to track cooldowns, I believe there's a BadHunter or something of the sort out there, otherwise, classtimer is great for tracking the uptime of anything from trinket procs to nitro boosts.

Thanks .

Reash - that was a noob moment. I clean forgot that was no longer one of the cat abilities....

I'll look into those 2 add ons.

If you're willing to sift through pages of images,
    http://elitistjerks.com/f74/t38099-hunter_pve_uis/
    is a thread dedicated to what mods other hunters use. You might find what you're looking for there.