Leveling and Tanking Gear

Im currently level 73 and running random dungeons as arms dps. I know that i can buy the crafted tempered saronite pieces, which have some good tanking stats on them. Then i could tank the random dungeons and get a group faster. I am contemplating between doing this or just powering through the 70s in order to get to 80 then work on getting tanking gear. What would be better? Would this tanking gear be worthless at 80?

Also, for dps there is the saronite set. Should i purchase that to start running instances and then get better gear?
    Thanks!

Re: Leveling and Tanking Gear

My sugestion is not to wait till 80 to start tanking. Learn in the lower level dungeons then you will be ready to tank whatever when you hit 80. You have to pay alot more attention when you are tanking and know every fight inside and out. Also the mechanics of tanking are diffrent between arms-ber and prot.

It is worth buying the BS gear for a starter set and you ca get the rest in dungeons. You will be replacing gear all the time as it is. It is the name of the game after all.

happy hunting