Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Kel'Thuzad in Catacylsm?

so with the lich king now dead is it possible kal'thuzad could be involved in anything during cataclysm? assuming that he does revive, since we still haven't destroyed is philanthropy(whatever its called,that thing that lets liches resurrect) and all? or will he simply stay dead.

And so we get this out of the way......"Naxxramass was merely a setback!", there now no ones else needs to say it.

while the whole resurrected boss thing might annoy some, (its really not used that much) liches have the kind of built in lore that justifies being a boss again in a new instance of something.

Re: Kel'Thuzad in Catacylsm?

I was actually really surprised when I saw that Mal'ganis and Kel'thuzad didnt have spots in ICC.

I mean Kel'thuzad says something along the lines of "This isnt over! I will return!"
    Then Mal'ganis says a few lines after you reveal his cover in the carlet base.

Oh well, more plot lines blizzard will forget about..not much a surprise but a big dissappointment..
    "Your country is like an old maid servant; accustomed to being raped by everyone." - Napoleon

No. He was here in vannila and came back for Wotlk. Let him stay "dead"! We'll alrdy get enough revamps.

Quote Originally Posted by ryuke09
    so with the lich king now dead is it possible kal'thuzad could be involved in anything during cataclysm? assuming that he does revive, since we still haven't destroyed is philanthropy(whatever its called,that thing that lets liches resurrect) and all? or will he simply stay dead.

And so we get this out of the way......"Naxxramass was merely a setback!", there now no ones else needs to say it.

while the whole resurrected boss thing might annoy some, (its really not used that much) liches have the kind of built in lore that justifies being a boss again in a new instance of something.
    Philanthropy is the effort or inclination to increase the well-being of humankind, as by charitable aid or donations.

A lich phylactery contains a lich's soul. As long as a Lich's phylactery remains intact and undamaged, the lich will eventually regenerate its body and return to life.

not being a smart ass, just sharing info
    i wouldnt be surprised if ol' KT came back to pay a visit... though, he would be acting of his own accord if you think about it. Bolvar is kinda imprisoned in the frozen throne now for an undetermined time, and KT was under Arthas' guidance. Who knows? i guess thats just part of the fun that makes up WoW.

The lack of setbacks in WoTLK disturbs me, we need loads in Cataclysm.

Not sure about Kel'thuzad... it would be interesting to see him again, given that we didn't destroy his phylactery (anyone know why that is exactly, seems unintelligent to me). It wouldn't surprise me if Blizz just lets that slide though. Unless the scourge plot gets continued into Cataclysm now that the Lich King has been contained, I can't see where they would tie him in.

As for Mal'ganis, I wasn't surprised he didn't show up in ICC. I fully expect he will be a part of a major plot line some time in the future (prolly not in Cataclysm, but you never know). A character like that is too juicy just to drop :P

Quote Originally Posted by gonterf
    Not sure about Kel'thuzad... it would be interesting to see him again, given that we didn't destroy his phylactery (anyone know why that is exactly, seems unintelligent to me). It wouldn't surprise me if Blizz just lets that slide though. Unless the scourge plot gets continued into Cataclysm now that the Lich King has been contained, I can't see where they would tie him in.

As for Mal'ganis, I wasn't surprised he didn't show up in ICC. I fully expect he will be a part of a major plot line some time in the future (prolly not in Cataclysm, but you never know). A character like that is too juicy just to drop :P
    Well, The dwellers of The World of Naztherim might attack one of these days... Mal'Ganis said he would be back, didn't say directly into Icecrown Citadel, but maybe somewhere else.

well my impression was Kel'Thuzad, having a mind of his own unlike the mindless undead that 90% of the scourge consists of, would break away form Lich-king Bolvar and take the cult of the damned somewhere else in Cata. maybe be involved in some sub faction of the twilight hammer or start a war against them..

I like to think that we did destroy Kel'Thuzad's phylactery. I mean, not only was he one of Arthas' strongest lieutenant, but he was also a very good 'friend' in the sense that if it wasn't for Kel'Thuzad, Arthas would not have been as powerful as he is now.

But I suppose that the Lich King isn't much of a friendly guy. He's probably more of a 'take-and-leave' guy. He found a stronger lich, so maybe he's just ignoring Kel'Thuzad.

Quote Originally Posted by Capt_jesus
    I was actually really surprised when I saw that Mal'ganis and Kel'thuzad didnt have spots in ICC.

I mean Kel'thuzad says something along the lines of "This isnt over! I will return!"
    Then Mal'ganis says a few lines after you reveal his cover in the carlet base.

Oh well, more plot lines blizzard will forget about..not much a surprise but a big dissappointment..
    Mal'ganis was killed by Arthas... by the influence of Ner'zhul who was ment to be working for Kil'jaeden. Mal'ganis must of realised that KJ had betrayed him, but found out that Ner'zhul had rebelled... He wants to kill Arthas as much as anyone else and its why he disguised as a Scarlet Crusader (like Balnazzar)...either on KJ's orders or for personal revenge its not clear. But The Burning Legion is the enemy of the Scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by MushroomBomb
    I like to think that we did destroy Kel'Thuzad's phylactery. I mean, not only was he one of Arthas' strongest lieutenant, but he was also a very good 'friend' in the sense that if it wasn't for Kel'Thuzad, Arthas would not have been as powerful as he is now.

But I suppose that the Lich King isn't much of a friendly guy. He's probably more of a 'take-and-leave' guy. He found a stronger lich, so maybe he's just ignoring Kel'Thuzad.

well not that i have any idea about this but could it be possible that it just takes a long ass time for the phylactery to regenerate him? i mean the time-line between old naxx and WotLK naxx is at least a few years right? so Kel'Thuzad probably wasn't in the position to do anything durring our assault of ICC?

...but any RPG nerds out there feel free to drop more phylactery knowledge on our ass about that lol

Well lets think about it...

Kel'Thuzad is controlled by the Lich King.

Lich King=Bolvar=Good now.

Kel'Thuzad=FIREY GOOD KEL'THUZAD OF JOY AND HAPPINESS?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by Destil
    Well lets think about it...

Kel'Thuzad is controlled by the Lich King.

Lich King=Bolvar=Good now.

Kel'Thuzad=FIREY GOOD KEL'THUZAD OF JOY AND HAPPINESS?!
    .....OR they could be like the forsaken

they realize that Arthas is dead and when he notices Bolvar is the new lich king he says "WELL F@CK THAT ARTHAS WAS MAH BUDDY ITS TIME TO GTFO OF NORTHREND, OH LOOK A BIG MEAN BLACK DRAGON HES MAH NEW BUDDY NOW!" ;D

they realize that Arthas is dead and when he notices Bolvar is the new lich king he says "WELL F@CK THAT ARTHAS WAS MAH BUDDY ITS TIME TO GTFO OF NORTHREND, OH LOOK A BIG MEAN BLACK DRAGON HES MAH NEW BUDDY NOW!" Grin
    ....Kel'Thuzad would come within 2000 feet of Deathwing and Deathwing would then just f*cking unload on him with fire breath screaming "YOU ARE SO F*CKING ANNOYING!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Well he could always be busy creating mini versions of himself to give to his friends, family and various people who pay him

He dies.

10+ Year Old Account

Waaaait, we have problems with...DRAGONS, in Cataclysm? Remember all the shit we went through in Pre-BC with dragons? And how did we handle that? We didnt really we killed the main ones, and the Gronn fucking -impaled- them on the spines of Blade's Edge Mountains. KER-FUCKED.

So lets go find some Gronn to get the job done, before we start up a whole new campaign of Dragon-slaying.....wasting time on wipes and people afk-quitting or modem-resetting out of first time raids....

I hope so. Kel'Thuzad has been my favorite villain since Warcraft 3. He's fanatically loyal to the Lich King, yet he's one step away from being Arthas' bitch.

A fire lich would definitely be something interesting to see...
    Then Rhonin went down to Blackrock Depths, killed Emperor Dagram Thaurissan, and fathered the heir to the throne of Ironforge with the extremely grateful Moira Bronzebeard. But he wasn't done yet; the Dark Iron Dwarves were doing the bidding of Ragnaros the Firelord, so Rhonin went down to Molten Core and beat the crap out of everybody.

"TOO SOON," bellowed Ragnaros.

But Rhonin was all: "It's never too soon to party, Rhonin-style."

And then he beat Ragnaros to death with his own hammer, because Rhonin is the only Mage who ever had the mad skillz to train two-handed maces.

On the way out of Blackrock Mountain, Rhonin went to the spire and pwned Nefarian. He saved Vaelestrasz the Red, and the two did a celebratory chest bumb.

I highly doubt that Kel'Thuzad was ever "controlled" by the Lich King. Yes, he gladly followed him and did his bidding, but more in a sense of a lieutenant following his superior. If you played Warcraft 3 you would know that he is no ordinary lich as well. First he began to come to Arthas in the form of a ghost or shade leading Arthas to his remains. Second, how many other liches do you know who have been formed using the Sunwell to power the transformation.

Also, If KT learned anything from his first defeat I doubt he would be so careless to keep his phylactery on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Croc_Huntard
    I hope so. Kel'Thuzad has been my favorite villain since Warcraft 3. He's fanatically loyal to the Lich King, yet he's one step away from being Arthas' bitch.

A fire lich would definitely be something interesting to see...
    i still think hes allegiance was only to the Arthas lichking. with Bolvar in the frozon throne and whom i can guarantee you that he can completely keep Ner'zul in check, Kel'Thuzad doesn't have much of a future if he stays with the Bolvar scourge. with his strings cut he will either collect his cult of the damned and move on to other things, or go insane at the loss of his old master and then collect his cult of the damned and move on to other things.