Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: In Regards to Vanish "Tear Gas" on Putricide.

They removed the vanish immunity on the PTR, it never made it live.

What this hinges on is how you define "bug".
    Is avoiding AoE stun/incapacitate effects an unintending consequence of using vanish? Yes, probably.
    But while the developers probably didn't forsee this use of vanish, they also haven't done anything to counter it leading me to believe that the effect is "working as unintended".

Personally, I don't vanish tear gas because I don't have to. The fight is completely doable without it.

Uther- Our bads are better than your bads.

Toxn's right.

You can vanish Tear Gas, however that doesn't mean that you should.

In a 25-man perspective, if your guild is still struggling for a kill, you probably shouldn't vanish Tear Gas at all. At most you'll get about 2% damage on the Ooze and risk kiting it back to the raid as it's mechanics of target selection are either still unclear or buggy.

You're most likely a better contribution to your raid by vanishing offensively (Assassination) and getting a lot more out of Overkill.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimanche
    At most you'll get about 2% damage on the Ooze and risk kiting it back to the raid as it's mechanics of target selection are either still unclear or buggy.
    If a guild isn't paying attention to the bosses percentage of health to time tear gas so they don't have to kill an ooze after phase 3 starts then they're, for lack of a better word at 3am, fail.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimanche
    Toxn's right.

You can vanish Tear Gas, however that doesn't mean that you should.

In a 25-man perspective, if your guild is still struggling for a kill, you probably shouldn't vanish Tear Gas at all. At most you'll get about 2% damage on the Ooze and risk kiting it back to the raid as it's mechanics of target selection are either still unclear or buggy.

You're most likely a better contribution to your raid by vanishing offensively (Assassination) and getting a lot more out of Overkill.
    I'm sorry but thats horrible advice. You get like 10 seconds of dps time on Putricide, there is no way your overkill buff makes up for 10 seconds or so of flat out dps. Who said kill the ooze anyway? You shouldn't have one up during phase transition, and even if you do, you may not want to attack that over Put anyway since as you said it could target you.

Overkill's bonus is certainly measured in hundreds. I would hope you can at least put out 5k dps on Put while he literally just sits there for a while at his table.

Also some one asked about Sin, you can vanish the tomb. You need to vanish at the end of her cast though, if you get an arrow on you its too late. Granted you can't tell for sure that it will be on you when you vanish, but I was able to vanish immune twice. Its not incredibly useful compared to Put where a couple rogues and mages can knock off a significant amount of health from Put. But 4 tombs instead of 5 can be useful.

Edit: I'm combat, if you're mut then the loss of overkill on the boss from your vanish is probably not worth a 1 in 5 chance you can vanish a tomb.

Quote Originally Posted by Sesshou
    I don't see at all how your #2 is applicable to this whatsoever. You are referring to target wiping, Put never targets you. What you are saying would be equivalent to a mage targeting me and casting flame strike (which is a gtaoe spell) but I vanish at the first instant of his cast and this allows me to sit in his flame strike without suffering any effect from it. That obviously doesn't work, you would be hit by the flame strike that finished casting half a second later. You can not target wipe interrupt an ae that is not targeted off of a player. Being able to vanish Put's tear gas at any point in the cast is in no way like vanishing part way through a polymorph cast.
    I guess he assumes that way because Tear Gas doesn't act like other such effects.

I vanished one gas the moment Put started casting it, I vanished another the splitsecond that I saw the vial hitting the ground. That's a time-frame of about 4-5seconds, you can't tell me that you can e.g. avoid Icehowl's AE-stun if you vanish 4sec before he lifts off. Oo

Hence he argues with target wiping, just uses a bad example. Tear Gas targets players/pets and then stuns them. If you escape from the list of targets, you won't be stunned.

At least that's the way he thought it'd be and I'd kinda agree, though I guess nobody knows for sure...

Considering that the ooze puddles on the ground occasionally keep growing if a rogue vanishes and the the person in the abomb can't eat them up, it could actually end up hurting you.

Sig and Avi by Isilrien <3 Priest~Hunter~Druid~Paladin

Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan
    Considering that the ooze puddles on the ground occasionally keep growing if a rogue vanishes and the the person in the abomb can't eat them up, it could actually end up hurting you.
    Unless they're all over the fucking room, killing everybody once Tear Gas ends, no.

You shouldn't stand inside of them when TG starts, they shouldn't cover up the entire room once TG ends, there's practically no way you could hurt yourself by vanishing that way.

If they do fix it, like others said, it will most likely just require way better timing. Our mages have to time it perfectly, but they can do it.

If/when they fix it you'll just be able to tell who's pro, and who's not so pro
    It's okay, I'm just more evolved than the rest of you.

Um im curious, if one may be combat can u vanish or KS, i know it works on the cat lady fear in ulduar and most other similar mechanics fear/stun/etc. Im assuming it would work.
    Rogues don't have loyalties, they have contracts and their blades are purchased in gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Plexiforce
    Um im curious, if one may be combat can u vanish or KS, i know it works on the cat lady fear in ulduar and most other similar mechanics fear/stun/etc. Im assuming it would work.
    Vanish yes, KS no. (Afaik even Bubble doesn't protect you from the Tear Gas)

its not just vanish , all mages can use invisibility both times.

Quote Originally Posted by Vraizan
    Actually the don't expand during tear gas as of a fix relatively soon after he came out. I have not since noticed any expansion during the tear gas. Also your logic is horribly flawed. Even assuming they did expand, you would still be sitting in the ooze when the tear gas stun wore off normally which would result in the same effect whether or not you vanished the tear gas. You are either standing in green slime or you are not standing in green slime, vanishing won't change this.

Hence he argues with target wiping, just uses a bad example. Tear Gas targets players/pets and then stuns them. If you escape from the list of targets, you won't be stunned.
    Having a list of targets, and having a target (i.e. being the target of the mage) are not the same thing. The mage casting polymorph is targeting you and vanish makes him untarget you thus canceling the spell. What you are suggesting, which I agree is plausible, is not equivalent to what he suggest and I responded to.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    There is actually two types of vanish immuning.

1. Vanishing makes you immune to everything for a fraction of a second. Thus, if timed precisely you can avoid stuns, blinds etc. by vanishing just before they hit you. For example, you vanish just before a rogue cast blind on you, which renders you immune to the effect. This is frequently used in PvP.

2. Vanishing removes you from the list of viable targets for your enemies. For example, a mage is casting polymorph on you, and you vanish mid-cast. This will interrupt the mages cast, since he no longer has a target. This is the mechanic that allows you to escape Putricide's tear gas by vanishing while he's casting it.
    lil late on this but i believe the only way #2 would be applicable is if when there are "raid wide" aoe effects, instead of it actually being an aoe with massive range, code-wise blizzard would have made him target everyone at once, thereby making it interrupt your own personal cast bar when you vanish. I very well may be wrong, but looking at it from a coding aspect it makes a little sense

That sounds like what Voij suggested, but he compared it to a list which imo seems like a better description. I agree thats plausible. But, afaik Put's tear gas is the only mechanic that works this way. If it was how blizzard chose to do something code-wise, shouldn't other similar mechanics work that way? I mean I dont see any real reason that the previously mentioned icehowl stun would need to be coded in a different way than tear gas.

maybe the oozes affected it for some reason or another, its the only reason i could come up with

Also some one asked about Sin, you can vanish the tomb. You need to vanish at the end of her cast though, if you get an arrow on you its too late. Granted you can't tell for sure that it will be on you when you vanish, but I was able to vanish immune twice. Its not incredibly useful compared to Put where a couple rogues and mages can knock off a significant amount of health from Put. But 4 tombs instead of 5 can be useful.

Edit: I'm combat, if you're mut then the loss of overkill on the boss from your vanish is probably not worth a 1 in 5 chance you can vanish a tomb.
    No. You can vanish the tomb after getting the arrow, just before you get tombed. The tomb lands on you, but breaks immediately. It's been 100% reliable for me.

Hmm ok so you can vanish it at both times? Good to know

Hmm ok so you can vanish it at both times? Good to know
    I have not tried vanishing it before getting the mark because, as you say, there's no way to know whether you were going to be targeted in the first place and because it's possible to reliably vanish it when the tomb is about to land. Furthermore, often when you vanish these types of effects early the boss will just pick another target to cast on.

Quote Originally Posted by Remo
    Did you know you can vanish when Deathbringer Saurfang targets you for a mark and you won't get it? Idk if this is an exploit or clever mechanic either lol.
    I used to vanish on Teron Gorefiend when he targeted me for the Ghost shit

Ontopic: Its not bannable and I doubt it will ever be. I also doubt Blizzard is going to fix it because theres other million examples where you could use immunity abbilities to avoid certain mechanics and Blizzard hasn't done anything about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Moll
    There is actually two types of vanish immuning.

1. Vanishing makes you immune to everything for a fraction of a second. Thus, if timed precisely you can avoid stuns, blinds etc. by vanishing just before they hit you. For example, you vanish just before a rogue cast blind on you, which renders you immune to the effect. This is frequently used in PvP.

2. Vanishing removes you from the list of viable targets for your enemies. For example, a mage is casting polymorph on you, and you vanish mid-cast. This will interrupt the mages cast, since he no longer has a target. This is the mechanic that allows you to escape Putricide's tear gas by vanishing while he's casting it.
    You're wrong about what stops you from being stunned. The immunity for that fraction of a second is what stops tear gas from affecting you. If you vanish while he's casting tear gas before he even tosses it, you'll be stunned.
    New and shiny compppppp!