Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Expansion over, but where are the new dances?

Its safe to say that Wrath of the Lich King is over at this point but Blizzard still hasn't delivered on new dances OR aerial dogfights in wintergrasp, both of which were advertised as new features on the expansion's box. It has been about a year and a half; is Blizzard ever going to deliver the features i promised? I think not.

Re: Expansion over, but where are the new dances?

I'm not so mad that they haven't been implemented, as much as i'm made that it's on the actual box(like you stated). There has to be a good reason they haven't added it to the game though, considering that they have the data to impliment new dances or dogfights. I just really hope they don't add this shit in Cataclysm, because its on the WoTLK box. If there ever going to add it now's the time to do it, because they said that there won't be anymore major content patches.
    Strikke 80 Holy Paladin/Darkspear US

15+ Year Old Account

Sort of a worthless feature to be put on "new features" list on the box. Only time I do the dance emote is in cat form, and since I doubt cats are getting new dance emotes...
    In other words, I see your point about unfulfilled promise, but dances are such a minor feature, not sure why everyone's bringing it up so much.
    "Interestingly, the rain in Spain doesn't actually fall in the plain all that much."

In the toilet along with everything else blizzard promised us but haven't delivered

I swear, these threads pop up twice a week nowadays...

Originally Posted by Nethaera
    It has not been dropped. Creating additional dances takes a significant amount of animation work and we want to make sure that when we do put them out, that they meet our standards. We still intend to put them in, but we have no current eta on their addition. (Source)
    As for the aerial combat, the box never specified that it would be in Wintergrasp from what I remember (I don't have it at hand). However, you really should be glad that it was never implemented in it's beta state, it was absolutely awful. Unbalanced, extremely awkward to control and just not a pleasant experience at all.

While the new dances were intended, for whatever reason they were not introduced.
    I would consider the content and actually having things working is a higher priority than something purely novelty such as new dances.
    Sure there has been plenty of time but as usual the "elite" and their rush to blast through the content is diverting time away from the more fun and novel content and towards the raiding.
    Blame the raiders if you aren't one yourself, or if you are then tell blizzard that they could have just held back ICC for another month so that you could have had your dances.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

can you nerds stop begging for insignificant additions to the game and focus on the problems at hand?

Deleted

god... epic fail

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by sulfuric
    can you nerds stop begging for insignificant additions to the game and focus on the problems at hand?
    Mmmmmmmmmkay...

Like someone said, it's on the f ing box so it would be a little "embarrassing" if they don't manage to add even a couple b4 Cata... maybe patch 3.3.5 or w/e.

I'd like some new haircuts also, maybe some tatoos? Not sure what makes it so hard for Blizz to add this small stuff, plz don't say they don't have the money or manpower /wrist.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

Why do people even bother about the dances so much? I would prefer having proper raids and more useful features than custom dances :S

Quote Originally Posted by agelos
    Why do people even bother about the dances so much? I would prefer having proper raids and more useful features than custom dances :S

15+ Year Old Account

It's more about the principle.

I never rly even understood why you'd want to get custom dances anyways but letting it go is like saying there's actually a good reason for it not to get done, and there's not.
    Facilis Descensus Averno

because some people like the look of their character and play it for mroe than just pressing a rotation in a raid.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Why cant you just reallise that you wont get the pony blizzard promised you? dont cry yourself to sleep over it

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

If it isn't released by the time Cataclysm comes out it means a lawsuit coming from me, it's false advertising.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    Worgens for Alliance, Goblins for Horde.

I'll run naked in the streets of Paris and post the video on the front page if I'm wrong.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Platnex
    If it isn't released by the time Cataclysm comes out it means a lawsuit coming from me, it's false advertising.
    hahahahahah, go ahead by all means

15+ Year Old Account

Gief Tattoo's and more hairstyles, maybe highlights and more piercings or something. Yes I know WoW isn't a fashion show or anything but some decent character customisation would be awesome, seeing as everyone looks the same nowadays, literally no differentiation between characters of the same race. I think they should take a look at Aion's character creation-ness, it's awesome. (However shite the game may be)

I can't really say I've missed them tbh, I don't play WoW to have my character dance, like someone else said I rather have good raids/PvP, I do RP every once in a while but even then my character doesn't dance that often... :P

"Boooo hoooo hooooo. they promised us new dances"............ Jesus Christ!

Making excellent instances / encounters >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Making stupid IF dances

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Arganis
    I'd like some new haircuts also, maybe some tatoos? Not sure what makes it so hard for Blizz to add this small stuff, plz don't say they don't have the money or manpower /wrist.
    Because even those 'small' things take time to implement?
    Why do people like you even ask for worthless shit like tatoo's?? The only skin you see on characters is from their face.
    Or are you planning to stand around naked in Orgrimmar or Ironforge allday, showing everyone your cool 'unique' tatoo that they also have?

Geez, stop asking for worthless stuff guys. It's emberrasing.
    What is worth fighting for?