Deleted

Spec Advice: ITT on a DW Frost Tank.

Hi! i'm currently having some troubles specing into ITT for our 10 man raids.. Since we don't have any shamans and I Really like tanking as Frost I should give it a try.

I came up with this build. http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?deat...mMEs,aYI,11403

There are 2 extra points that i must use... That's the question.. there are 3 viable options: 2/5 Killing Machine, 2/2 Chill of the grave or 2/2 Epidemic.

What would you take? Is it worth it? (the raid would lose 10% AP and my Hysteria, but my melees says that IIT is better for them)

A couple of things to keep in mind:

I'm the RL of my guild so there are times that i'm not 100% focused on my rotation and i can waste some RP. Most of the times i'm doing OT jobs (like ooze kiting in rotface or abomination in Putricide) for this reason.

My weps are: MH: (Frost Giant's Cleaver) http://www.wowhead.com/?item=50787 OH: Hellscream Slicer (http://www.wowhead.com/?item=47314). With Expertice food i'm soft-capped. I'm also hit capped.

My armory: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ah&gn=Reckoner

Thank you =)

Re: Spec Advice: ITT on a DW Frost Tank.

Epidemic, and it depends on raid composition really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Whitcher
    Epidemic, and it depends on raid composition really.
    This is the composition:

Pala Protec
    Dk Tank (me!)

Mutilate Rogue
    Unholy DK
    Arcane Mage
    Destruction Warlock
    Elemental Shaman

Resto Druid
    Holy Paladin
    Holy Priest

Then yes, IIT would better boost your rogue's dps than abom's might.

And you said you didn't have any shammys in your 10 man :
    Quote Originally Posted by Sengura
    So 10 posts and no definitive answer...

TO ELITEST JERKS!
    Quote Originally Posted by PBitt View Post
    People really will find anything to complain about. Too bad I don't care because I quit the game because they made the hunter class color lime green and I think it would be SO much better had it been a grass-colored green.

Deleted

I don't really know how the totems are sorted.. i don't want to break the casters dps (since we have more casters than melee) by switching a totem that buffs casters to one that buffs melees.

EDIT: We would lose 5% spell haste for 16% melee haste. Don't think it's worth it.

Personally I would put a point in deathchill and a point in killing machine. I macro'd deathchill to obliterate, which will make both hits crit instead of just one. You could also use the 2 points to get 3/3 Scent of Blood for more frost strikes

Deleted

Does anyone have any sort of math on this? since it's just a TPS concern... KM vs CotG vs Epidemic.

i'm actually pretty bad at it =/

i get IIT for my frost tank for a few days , i droped bladed armor for it
    5KM , 2epidemic ,1SoB
    KM should not give more threat than BA , but it is more funny.....

2 epidemic makes things easier to keep up , i use GoHB so FF is up most of the time , i don't need to worry too much of BP dorp a few sec

1SoB just make another RP income , atleast 1 for me , always

----------------------------
    with GoHB ,i think 1 epidemic is enough....i may drop this point to 2 SoB if i found RP problem or get 1 BA

Deleted

GoHB works well with a 1 disease rotation, but my dpsers will eat my ass if i just go for frost fever.... BA is a must imho....

i think i'm going for epidemic... the question now is....

Is better Haste than 10% ap and hysteria?

my setup is on the 3rd post ^^

Are you Dual Wielding or 2hand Tanking?
    I don't heal STUPID, Stupid SHOULD HURT!
    Syntyche - Disc Priest

I hate to see DW tanks gimping their threat generation with IIT, but if you're going to take it I think you have to put both points into KM. Catching Rime+KM procs can play a huge part in your threat as a Frost Tank and will put up impressive numbers in AoE fights if the RNG is smiling on you.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Apostolic
    Are you Dual Wielding or 2hand Tanking?
    as i said in the threat name and my first post i'm Dual Wielding :P

Quote Originally Posted by judaism
    I hate to see DW tanks gimping their threat generation with IIT, but if you're going to take it I think you have to put both points into KM. Catching Rime+KM procs can play a huge part in your threat as a Frost Tank and will put up impressive numbers in AoE fights if the RNG is smiling on you.
    I hate it too, but i've seen the dps from the melees jump by a huge amount when dual wielding... i've seen a lot of different responses on the topic so i'm asuming it's personal choice and there is no clear winner... am i right?

as long as u can keep your threat , IIT wins for sure.........it buff your raid DPS , your rouge sshould be TotTing every 30sec right ?

i think your Unholy DK like 10%AP and your rogue like IIT , i will say both is ok with a pally tank but stay frost if the other tank is a warrior sometimes , if threat is a problem no matter how you tune your frost spec.....go blood

if u can't live without BA i will say 1 point to epidemic ,1 to KM....
    if threat still a problem , take points out of Frigid Dreadplate to get more KM , i never think RNG will save u when u need it , this is the talent choice to drop for me if i have threat problem with my IIT frost tank

i still need to wait for next week to get my EoF chest to up my exp. b4 i can actually tell something

using GoHB still can go with IT PS , GoHB really good for lazy ppl. like me ,and the reason behide going frost than blood is mostly the AE threat for me, so there is no reason for me not getting GoHB