Recent Gaming Purchases

This thread is for discussion of recent gaming purchases, whether it be from an evil retail game store such as gamestop, or online games from places like Xbox Live or Steam. I'll start it off.

Got my tax return today so I bought some games I've wanted to get my hands on for a while...

Borderlands +2 addon packs
    Fallout 3 GotYE
    Command and Conquer 3 Ultimate Edition for PS3 (contrary to belief, this plays so much better on PS3 then the PC version..plus it looks prettier)
    God of War Collection

Plus I put 10$ towards Catacylsm so I won't have to worry about doing it later.

Re: Recent Gaming Purchases

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom
    No More Heroes 2: Desperate Strugge
    Spectrobes Origins

All of them are pretty damn fun.

15+ Year Old Account

Also Borderlands + Zombie Island and Arena expansions (Lilith ftw <3)
    Mass Effect 2
    DJ Hero (Broken fingers soon yo.)
    Band Hero (Real fun with a full band)

All of them I enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Nyuun
    Band Hero (Real fun with a full band)
    It's especially fun if you switch instruments every now and then and your friend can't play the drums for shit

Uh, my latest addition was probably Left 4 Dead 2 (I don't buy games that often unless I know I will really like them, WoW is still my primary addic.. choice when I have some free time).

Assassin's Creed II: Incredibly fun gameplay, nice story, very open and free world. The big minus for me was the final parts of the game which just felt incredibly lame with the pope fight and stuff

Modern Warfare 2: Very fun multiplayer. The campaign was nice, though it was kinda short (I wasn't expecting anything else as I know the single player mode is just an addition to this kind of game. The multiplayer is the deal)

Recently ordered: Bioshock 2. Seems like an incredible game and can't wait to get it!

Considering buying: Mass Effect 2. Every review praises it, and judging from my own impressions it seems really nice
    Pandaren Warrior - Lv 95, full T17
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclonus View Post
    Since this was early in the patch, we decided to go with the 4 tank strat. We ask him to go tank Lord Mograine. He then instantly tells us that "he cannot tank the godfather of DK's, it wouldnt be right to raise my axe against him". He instantly gquits and hearths out.

Hmm.. Got quite a few games since november .. My birthday and all

I'll start with ..

Dragon Age: Origins
    Borderlands
    Oblivion GoTY Edition (for like 10 bucks with expansion, i'm a oblivion veteran but my CDs got F'ed)
    Left 4 Dead 2
    CoD:MW2
    The Saboteur (unfortunately unrunnable on my comp )
    *Drums*....

MASS EFFECT 2 COLLECTOR'S EDITION AND IT KICKS ASS!!!

:3

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account

Mass Effect 2: Everything i expected it to be, and even a tad more. Just an awesome, epic space RPG

Demon's Souls: Had to check it out after hearing all the praise it got. Pretty much a hardcore grinding hack and slash RPG, something i usually don't really enjoy, but i like it so far.
    Haven't played it all that much yet though, because of..

Uncharted 2: Originally i'd expected to just play the single player campaign and be done with it, but wow i love its multiplayer. It has everything that the single player campaign has, but with actual people :P

Fallout 3: Operation Anchorage & The Pitt Add-On Pack
    ~ Pretty decent set. I liked The Pitt a little better than I liked Point Lookout and Broken Steel. Operation Anchorage is pretty fun to do and the rewards at the end make it well worth doing as early as possible in the game. Just disappointed that I waited so long to get my hands on the packs. :\

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires
    ~ I wanted to get DW6: Empires but my town doesn't seem to have any copies. Played it a few times since I bought it but kinda wishing that I didn't bother. I usually really like Dynasty Warriors games but this is pretty dire. The only mode you have is Empires mode. Theres nothing like in DW4 [at least I think it was DW4] where you could can take an officer through the ranks of an army. Its pretty fun the first few times but eventually, you get to the point where there are only a couple factions left and you end up just wasting turns building money and your army so you can crush the remaining few. D:

Mass Effect 1, Magna Carta, and few others that I never played more than a few hours, just can't get back into consoles, everything seems pretty generic nowadays.

Uncharted 2
    I wanna buy mass effect 2, but I haven't played 1 yet...so I might get that soon :P

Bioshock 2 today and err... Half life source on steam I am enjoying very much hehe.

Mass Effect 2.
    Assassins Creed 2.
    Gears of War 2 (not Purchased, my friends Xbox broke, he gave to me)
    Modern Warfare 2.

... there's a lot of '2' in my recent game purchases.

Quote Originally Posted by Qtulu
    Assassin's Creed II: Incredibly fun gameplay, nice story, very open and free world. The big minus for me was the final parts of the game which just felt incredibly lame with the pope fight and stuff

Modern Warfare 2: Very fun multiplayer. The campaign was nice, though it was kinda short (I wasn't expecting anything else as I know the single player mode is just an addition to this kind of game. The multiplayer is the deal)

Recently ordered: Bioshock 2. Seems like an incredible game and can't wait to get it!

Considering buying: Mass Effect 2. Every review praises it, and judging from my own impressions it seems really nice
    I dont know maybe cause I didnt get to play it too much but Bioshock to me was just not that great.