Thread: Slight Return

Deleted

Slight Return

Well since i've been inactive since July-Aug last year blizzard have gave me 7 days freetime.
    Yesterday I just tryed out the new dungeon finder system which i really enjoyed, was abit sad that my heroic HoR group failed due to lack of dps at lich king phase (tank doing 3k dps was 2nd on meters QQ) but other than that quite enjoyed it.

As you can see my gear is out-dated to say the least. However at the time doing ulduar hardmodes when they were still hard and quite enjoyable I always felt as a Holy Paladin that we were not gear dependant at all and my current gear could probs get me tru the next set of content before the hardmodes began again. Is this still the case or have we changed into being like warriors? (very gear dependant)

Slight problem is i've been getting emblems thrown at me and have no idea what to buy.
    Its just confusing comming back to getting emblems for 2 diffrent sets of stuff, Is there certain things i should save my Frost emblems for? I seen a nice Intellect trinket from the Triumph vendor but i used to always stay away from +use trinkets as a healer if I could help it.

Here is my armory link, http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...zzak&cn=Shelke

For what its worth I highly doubt i'll be raiding again anytime soon due to work and other irl commitments. If I enjoy these 7 days I might come back casual again.

I assume my talent specs are still the best for holy/retri as i've no QQ's about them so far.

Any help would be nice, cheers.

Re: Slight Return

Holy ret is dead. Go holy prot. So much mre utility in ds/dg than in a few %crit. You'll need to pu tuskars on boots to compensate for poj. And the int trinket is great. Int is sill your god.
    Pondering returning.
    Nikoll - Retribution Paladin

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Nikoll
    Holy ret is dead. Go holy prot. So much mre utility in ds/dg than in a few %crit. You'll need to pu tuskars on boots to compensate for poj. And the int trinket is great. Int is sill your god.
    Cheers, but i thought if you went Holy/Prot you used FoL alot more and should gem for spellpower instead?

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by b``
    Cheers, but i thought if you went Holy/Prot you used FoL alot more and should gem for spellpower instead?
    you are going to holy prot not because of Divinity, but because of Divine Sacrifice & Divine Guardian. combination of these spells is one of the biggest raid-wide defensive cooldowns in game. even priest's hymn and druid's tranquil is weaker because DS&DG are preventing damage, and preventing damage > healing damage.

just to be clear, you are still spamming HL when tank is taking big damage, and Glyph of HL is very strong aoe healing ability. i mean, really very strong. on some fights like Sindragosa, Queen or Festergut this glyph is godlike. flash and Shock are used, but they are fast weak heals. sometimes fast&weak >hard&slow... but these moments are very rare.
    [Talisman of Resurgence] icon is made of small kitten's red eyes. each time you use the proc, the god kills two more kittens to refresh it's icon after cooldown.
    Holy Paladin trinket comparison

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Dantrag
    you are going to holy prot not because of Divinity, but because of Divine Sacrifice & Divine Guardian. combination of these spells is one of the biggest raid-wide defensive cooldowns in game. even priest's hymn and druid's tranquil is weaker because DS&DG are preventing damage, and preventing damage > healing damage.

just to be clear, you are still spamming HL when tank is taking big damage, and Glyph of HL is very strong aoe healing ability. i mean, really very strong. on some fights like Sindragosa, Queen or Festergut this glyph is godlike. flash and Shock are used, but they are fast weak heals. sometimes fast&weak >hard&slow... but these moments are very rare.
    Thanks for the nice info, yeh I understood why. I spec'd holy prot in the past for stuff like sarth +3d. But aslong as 1 of the paladins has it I always thought holy/ret was better. Guess this has changed now.

Any info about which gear i should be grabbing? I probs will go for the trinket first.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...adges-on'/
    Talisman of Resurgence is an easy 245 badge purchase and Tears of the Vanquished is an easy farm from 5-man normal ToC. The Frost Badge trinket is better than both, but given how easy it is to get these two very solid trinkets, you'd be best served by spending your Frost Badges on other, more difficult to obtain or significant upgrades instead.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...ly%27s-armory/
    A lot of these apply to you. Understandable given your recent return. I would respec immediately but hold off on upgrading your gems and enchants. You will find that upgrades to your current gear will be pretty easy to come across - mostly because your gear sucks. :P Since your time back will be limited, I would just suggest using the new LFG tool to get a ton of 245 badge gear and then try to slide into whatever 25 and 10 man raids you can.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...adges-on&#39;/
    Talisman of Resurgence is an easy badge purchase and Tears of the Vanquished is an easy farm from 5-man normal ToC. The Frost Badge trinket is better than both, but given how easy it is to get these two very solid trinkets, you'd be best served by spending your badges on other, more difficult to obtain or significant upgrades instead.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/class-pa...ly%27s-armory/
    A lot of these apply to you. Understandable given your recent return. I would respec immediately but hold off on upgrading your gems and enchants. You will find that upgrades to your current gear that will be pretty easy to come across - mostly because your gear sucks. :P Since your time back will be limited, I would just suggest using the new LFG tool to get a ton of 25 badge gear and then try to slide into whatever 25 and 10 man raids you can.
    Perfect cheers, Quite funny how I was in a world top 50 guild and now due to GS crap I can't even pug a 10man haha :P

Quote Originally Posted by b``
    Perfect cheers, Quite funny how I was in a world top 50 guild and now due to GS crap I can't even pug a 10man haha :P
    those... are big noob RLs, its funny how ppl only look at GS nowadays as supposed to guild/name/achievements/etc..

Looks like best thing you could do is run ICC heroics, respec to holy/prot, and then start raiding =) some 232 in ICC heroics will help u lots