Thread: Locks in PvP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: Locks in PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Thafisker
    I've seen alot of high rated warlocks.
    Pvp wise all 3 speccs are somewhat viable.

Pvp is quite good in pvp,
    Lol wut? I know what happened thinking about something else as you type its kay lawl but Warlocks, mainly affliction is dominant in 5s, 3v3 is a mix of destro and aff but im seeing more and more shadwplays and Druid, lock, warrior this season

18 out of 20 of the top 3v3 teams have an affliction lock. gg blizz for making a retardedly op class that not only kicks ass 1v1 but doesn't die in arena too.

aff lock resto druid in 2s is just GAY

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikeforums
    Lol wut? I know what happened thinking about something else as you type its kay lawl but Warlocks, mainly affliction is dominant in 5s, 3v3 is a mix of destro and aff but im seeing more and more shadwplays and Druid, lock, warrior this season
    What? Affliction? Dominant in 5on5? Never heard that one before, the spec with one of the longest ramp-up periods viable in the most burst-centric bracket?

On the other hand...what is not burst-centric these days? :

I started playing with this type of Demo PvP build a while back, before the most recent warlock changes and resil/heal changes: http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...sid=1&pageNo=1. This is a Demo-centric build with FG and meta, stacking stamina in your gem/enchant choices.

I think the most recent changes to warlocks and to resil have actually made this build/setup even better than it was before. It is *very* survivable in BGs, even though half my PvP gear is still Furious-level. I know the +sta stacking seems counter-intuitive, but it buffs the FG, which buffs you indirectly, in addition to the raw HPs gains. Most BGs I'm stepping out there with a bit over 1k resil and 32k hps. Meta ups your armor substantially when a melee class gets on you (but watch out for being Banish-ed of course), and you get some nice burst from charging in and popping all your instants (Immo Aura, Shadowflame, Death Coil, Shadowburn, Fear/SB/Fear/SB/...).

And no, I haven't really done any arena play, so take that for whatever it's worth

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Immy
    18 out of 20 of the top 3v3 teams have an affliction lock. gg blizz for making a retardedly op class that not only kicks ass 1v1 but doesn't die in arena too.

Basicly, this was what I was trying to say...in a mild way.

So fucking true.

Warlocks are in a good place for PvP, people just don't like the idea of giving up on 1½ years of QQ so easily
    And for the record PvP is good for PvP!

I play Destro/Frost Mage/Resto Shaman in 3s. We only played a few games last week but got to 750 pretty fast. Once we're done raiding this week we're going to continue to play.

For this comp should I be Affliction? I assumed that Destro was better and I prefer the play style BUT if it's not optimal I have no problem changing. I just find Polymorphing one target while Seducing a second and then swapping a nice way to minimize damage we have to deal with.

We've also discussed having the Frost Mage switch to his Warrior for the comp. I've been told Warrior/Destro/Resto Shaman is supposed to work well and possibly better than what we currently have. Any ideas here? Thanks!

Also, and this is a different topic, I find it nearly impossible to beat Affliction Warlocks as Destruction. I've been told by some I need to L2P but other have said that Affliction is kind of a counter to Destruction. Am I missing something in these battles or is it that because of the play style Affliction is better here? Thanks again!

As far as using a warrior in 3v3 it would prob be pretty nice.

My buddy is a prot war and my g/f is a disc priest.

She would often die really fast b/c she was undergeared for pvp, but still with him and I throwing down the dmg and cc we were able to win more then 50% of the time ( I was also pretty undergeared). Now keep in mind I was aff, so i couldn't super nuke things, if I could have then we might have down better but yeah a war (especially well geared prot imo) can be a good addition/replacement.

Also my fights as destro vs aff were like 60/40 me (me as destro). but that was a while back, and i have also seen them sway the other way

Quote Originally Posted by War
    As far as using a warrior in 3v3 it would prob be pretty nice.

My buddy is a prot war and my g/f is a disc priest.

She would often die really fast b/c she was undergeared for pvp, but still with him and I throwing down the dmg and cc we were able to win more then 50% of the time ( I was also pretty undergeared). Now keep in mind I was aff, so i couldn't super nuke things, if I could have then we might have down better but yeah a war (especially well geared prot imo) can be a good addition/replacement.

Also my fights as destro vs aff were like 60/40 me (me as destro). but that was a while back, and i have also seen them sway the other way
    Well he would go Arms (I think that's the tree that has Bladestorm). So we'd have MS and bleeds but I don't think that a Warrior (non prot) could match a Mage's CC. On the other hand since I'm a Warlock we currently only have ranged DPS.

/scratches head

So you are complaining that we actually have a feasible spec which is not reliant on a few big crits to win like practically everyone else.
    Affliction has no burst, so if you cannot survive the usual melee faceroll it will do you no good, and that is what the resilience changes are about.
    Offering a chance to the non 3 buttons, and bam dead players a chance to do something, and longer fights is where affliction shines, tough luck and get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Aff locks do quite well in long fights.

If they help with the CC to prolong the fight by preventing any of his/her teammates from dying and survive the opponent's initial burst, the tables turn in favor of locks, rather quickly.

Problem is that I notice many locks still do NOT use Demonic Circle.

Right... I'd like some sources on that. I'd bet a lot of gold that that's not very accurate... WTS RMP/BEAST CLEAVE?

also... 18 out of 20 is 9 out of 10! Math is good!
    Hide behind a little Bloodelf Paladin?!? Ridiculous! Make way for the Beef of Light! I will shield you, little ones, and should I fall, remember that I taste amazing with Mustard.

Quote Originally Posted by Galith
    Right... I'd like some sources on that. I'd bet a lot of gold that that's not very accurate... WTS RMP/BEAST CLEAVE?

beastcleave is actually hardly glad viable
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTnIGEzvTiw
    MINE

Quote Originally Posted by Galith

Math is good mmkay.
    He probably wants to show that 18 of the 20 top teams have a warlock in them, and then he wouldn't wanna sat 9 out of 10 even though their the same mathematicly.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    So you are complaining that we actually have a feasible spec which is not reliant on a few big crits to win like practically everyone else.
    Affliction has no burst, so if you cannot survive the usual melee faceroll it will do you no good, and that is what the resilience changes are about.
    Offering a chance to the non 3 buttons, and bam dead players a chance to do something, and longer fights is where affliction shines, tough luck and get over it.
    Make locks debuffs disappear after lock dies and I won't have anything against the class...

I am finding locks to be doing ok in arena atm (Still at low rating however). In 3v3 I still have the burst as destro to do some damage while hunter Nukes the healer. Plus I have my ranged Shadowfury for Helping my healer if he needs it. I think i just prefer destro overall.

Im sat at 990 resil and 2.8k sp and it seems to provide enough burst
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by MyWish
    Affli locks are terribad against

shadow priests
    arcane mages
    any rogues
    warriors
    feral druids
    ret paladins

They are just you know terribad.
    Shadowpriests: Most Priests are still Disc. You see alot more Shadow Priests lately but it's not like they pop up everywhere. Shadowpriests are still kinda rare.

Arcane Mages: Same story, most of them are just facerolling up to 2.6k with Frost. Probably more rare then Spriests even.

Rogues: Gotta agree, although every caster has this problem.

Warriors: Same story as Rogues, although some casters got less problems against Warriors then against Rogues.

Feral Druids: Also an anti-class, but kinda rare aswell. Face one and you're probably dead but meh, they're all Resto, seriously...ALL of them are.

Ret Paladins: Kinda rare aswell, and not really that much of an anti class. Pretty much doable by any Affli Lock.

So in short, Affli Locks do not have that much anti-classes/specs. Don't make it look worse then it is, Affli is at a great state, as it has been for ages except perhaps S5 when resi wasn't there yet.

Destro druid vs aff lock=meh face

Quote Originally Posted by Xarvian
    For BGs (don't have the gear for arena yet) I think Affliction with voidwalker or Demo Meta spec to be pretty cool. Never seen a rogue die that fast with felguard enraged, meta, immo aura, Shadowflame, Shadowburn and loads of other instants. Affliction (still talking about BGs) is pretty much Fear healer and watch the others die because of your dots.
    Do we play the same game..? What are these "loads of other instants"?

Quote Originally Posted by Balduvian
    Shadowpriests: Most Priests are still Disc. You see alot more Shadow Priests lately but it's not like they pop up everywhere. Shadowpriests are still kinda rare.

Arcane Mages: Same story, most of them are just facerolling up to 2.6k with Frost. Probably more rare then Spriests even.

Rogues: Gotta agree, although every caster has this problem.

Warriors: Same story as Rogues, although some casters got less problems against Warriors then against Rogues.

Feral Druids: Also an anti-class, but kinda rare aswell. Face one and you're probably dead but meh, they're all Resto, seriously...ALL of them are.

Ret Paladins: Kinda rare aswell, and not really that much of an anti class. Pretty much doable by any Affli Lock.

So in short, Affli Locks do not have that much anti-classes/specs. Don't make it look worse then it is, Affli is at a great state, as it has been for ages except perhaps S5 when resi wasn't there yet.
    You must play a different game or have a very different population on your battlegroup. Shadow Priests are quite common and very hard for Affliction to beat. The same is true for Arcane Mages, more common then you make them out to be and pack a punch. Feral Druids, again on my battlegroup, are definitely growing and almost as much of a hard counter to Affliction as Rogues and Warriors are.