Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account

Re: Proffesion stupidity

I think you should load up Rawr and check the equivalent stat values. 2 dps is a conservative estimate for haste.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    I think you should load up Rawr and check the equivalent stat values. 2 dps is a conservative estimate for haste.
    I'm at work. You do it.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Loklar
    Uhh, I think you over-estimated the value of Haste.... by a lot.

There is no way that 1 haste is worth 2 DPS. It's worth less than 1. It depends on your other stats exactly where haste falls, but it's worth less than 1 DPS per point. That's why mages stack Spell Power gems first.

So you're looking at less than 68 DPS for the Glove enchant vs 56.1 DPS for the rockets. Which is pretty close.

Ofc the haste does get to be used for Burn phases, which puts it ahead. On the other-other hand the mage in question could be hitting a haste soft-cap.

So it's pretty pointless arguing over such a slim difference without knowing the rest of the gear.
    For me 1 haste rating equals to 1.98 dps and I'm on only 903 haste, when I get Dislodged Foreign Object my values will jump to 2.12 dps per haste rating.

In ICC heroic BiS gear 1 haste rating equals to 2.68 dps and 1 spell power equals to 2.28 dps. Of course you'll have to stagger cooldowns then... a lot, if you'll even use any haste cooldowns. Even without BL your Arcane Blasts will be below 1s with 2T10 and raid buffed at 1287 haste (which you'll have in perfect gear).

Rockets are cool! but haste is better to min max you deeps, and therefore Epeen.

I know a paladin tank in my guild that levelled eng just so he could pull with the rockets :P
    some of us have fun in this game
    Learn the rules so you know how to break them properly

http://maggeddon.blogspot.com/
    http://twitter.com/#!/JSMcGough

Quote Originally Posted by Maggeddon
    Rockets are cool! but haste is better to min max you deeps, and therefore Epeen.

I know a paladin tank in my guild that levelled eng just so he could pull with the rockets :P
    some of us have fun in this game
    That's actually useful, though. Having another even small aggro generation ability for ranged mobs can have a use. Also, tanks generally aren't brought for their dps, unless they are a druid. Druids are stupid.