Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast

Re: Thousand needles flooding doesnt make much sense in its current state..

Quote Originally Posted by sscavenger
    Shimmering flats flooded, the other end of 1k Needles will have some sort of dam there. Either an uprising of earth or some of the many towers of stone fall to block the water from flowing into Tanaris flooding it as well.
    natural dams on both sides already. there is a hill going UP into feralas and tanaris right now

water doesn't have to be really deep. 30ft deep water would make it a big lake

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7
    natural dams on both sides already. there is a hill going UP into feralas and tanaris right now

^This, it's not that hard to notice really and I haven't been there from leveling a character in well over a year and I remember that. When you head to Tanaris you go up a pretty high hill and to get to the Barrens you have to take a lift because of the cliff.

Herald of the Titans Babylonius's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

looking at it now, the salt flats is the lowest point in tanaris, possibly in all of Kalimdor. My bet is the ocean coming from feralas and filling up 1k needles. There is a pretty tall set of mountains on the tanaris side but the feralas side isn't that high.

However, i believe the difference in topography means the salt flats will fill up first but the western third of 1k needles would still be above water unless the goblins build a big dam. Which would seem kinda silly since lore-wise they have no idea it's coming and wouldn't have time to erect a dam on top of the mountains.

In short, expect to see 1/2 or 2/3 of 1k needles flooded if they keep the topagraphy as is. Of course it is a cataclysm so i'm sure the earth will open up somewhere.
    Creator of WalkingTheWind.com and PeakOfSerenity.com
    Former Monk Mod of MMOChampion | Admin/Moderator of Monk Discord
    Armory | Logs | Guild | Twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Chimpzilla
    Maybe they terrain is changing.
    Eh?
    why is it all so beautiful this fake dream
    this craziness why?

Quote Originally Posted by Davinfelth
    I'm a cow that casts green nature balls and turns into a bear cat tree owl and you are complaining about topography?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by fizzbob7

I'm going by the thoughts it will be heavy flooding. As in you can climb on top of the pillars of stone by jumping out of the water to land on top of them. The level of water will determine how much terrain altering is going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by iammatt
    Well, when the cataclysm rumors spread out, one thing mentioned in it was "Thousand Needles
    would flood. When blizz confirmed cataclysm they confirmed the thousands needles flood to be true.

But today, I noticed while Thousand needles is lower than barrens and northern kalimidor, it is pretty much the same level with tanaris, shimmering flats, etc.

How could the water flood thousand needles without flooding shimmering flats and tanaris? It doesnt make any sense whatsoever

The only way I can see it is if the goblins made some type of giant wall/dam at the shimmering flats-thousand needles border to prevent the water or something but still.
    Thousand Needles is actually significantly lower than both Feralas and Tanaris and the Shimmering Flats is part of Thousand Needles. It's also important to note that "flooded" doesn't mean all the land in the zone is going to be underwater. If your basement is flooded, it doesn't mean it's filled with water from the ceiling to the floor. There could be an inch of water in Thousand Needles and it would still be considered flooded. It really isn't that ridiculous: the fact that the zone is a giant canyon with a salt flat at the end suggests that there was water there at one point in the past.

Keep in mind guys, Salt Flats is an old salt-lake bed. There's still water pooled in the southern end, near the Tanaris entrance. my guess is that water will seep up from underground - no flooding, just a lake returning to what it was.

However, what happens to the Silithid hive there? it's lower than the surrounding salt flats, they'll drown unless something...interesting happens.

My question is: How has the Greymane Wall managed to keep people from discovering the entire nation has turned into Worgen when flight has existed in Azeroth since time immemorial?

heres what i think:

EDIT: i just realised it doesnt make any sense for the fire to still be burning O.o
    There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want

i have a crazy idea, WHAT IF the catalsym makes a huge crack in the mountain side in shimmerflats on the side where the ocean is and bam 1K needles is flooded

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190
    My question is: How has the Greymane Wall managed to keep people from discovering the entire nation has turned into Worgen when flight has existed in Azeroth since time immemorial?
    Ill say it once again: Its WoW, it doesnt have to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by jcf190
    how do mounts appear out of nowhere when i fizzle my hands together?

alot of stuff doesnt make sense

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie
    i have a crazy idea, WHAT IF the catalsym makes a huge crack in the mountain side in shimmerflats on the side where the ocean is and bam 1K needles is flooded

No, that makes too much sense..

They need to have it make a little less sense, like a giant water wall.
    Quote Originally Posted by ikabod00
    While those of us who have ever played a video game before, stop and think "Gas coming from the walls. probably don't wanna touch that"

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Powell
    how do mounts appear out of nowhere when i fizzle my hands together?

alot of stuff doesnt make sense
    "That is different," sniffed Orgrim. "That is magic."
    "So is this, of a sort," Restalaan said.

From Rise of the Horde. It seems to apply to a lot of things within WoW. :P

15+ Year Old Account

Just wait and seeee! :P

I'm blue, with horns, hoves, and a tail. I'm the descendant of red demons, and my race escaped from a world in an alternate dimension by stealing a space ship from a gang of evil legolases

sense =/= Wow
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold
    Ill say it once again: Its WoW, it doesnt have to make sense.
    Most things in WoW try to have an explanation. The world is still somewhat logical based on its own rules. If it wasn't, we could have Barbie as the queen of the Stormwind with humans growing a third ear that resembles a potato at the age of six when they have their first encounter with the turtlepigs.

The developers have clearly put more work into the environment since the classic WoW which can be seen from zone structures which partially thanks to flying mounths have become more natural instead of using mountains only as a divider for zones.

Amusingly, some of the hottest and driest places on Earth are below sea level. Tanaris is as tropical (palm trees, etc) as it is desert, and as it is right against the ocean, unless the ocean level rose, it wouldn't get flooded. Thousand Needles however, is so low, that say... a colossal chasm blew open the mountains bordering the ocean, then it would get flooded.

thousand needles will become a goblin waterpark