Page 1 of 3
LastLast

What DPS meter is the best?

When I say the best I mean what one is easiest for you to control and understand, shows results better, etc. Stuff like that.
    For the Horde!

Deleted

Re: What DPS meter is the best?

Recount. Hands Down

Quote Originally Posted by StarbuyPWNDyou
    Recount. Hands Down

World of Logs

OH !!! mod...

Recount

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Wildhammer&cn=Nibelung

10+ Year Old Account

Skada

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Kyndig
    Skada
    Yeah, I love Skada

Quote Originally Posted by Fend
    Yeah, I love Skada
    Skada might look better and take up less memory, but if you're looking for more precise information, Recount is the way to go.

Skada eats up less ressources and offers a slightly better functionality than Recount I think. But I didn't test Recount for a long time maybe it got better already.

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap
    Skada might look better and take up less memory, but if you're looking for more precise information, Recount is the way to go.
    I use Skada in game and WoL out of game. Don't really see why an in game meter has to be that accurate when i can just check WoL.

I used Recount for ages and it's really good but the amount of resorses it uses is silly.

In my time i have used Damage meters, sw stats, recount, skada and a couple of others i can't remember the name of and so far Skada is winning by quite a way.

It's all personal preference. There is no right way to calculate dps, so every mod will show slightly different numbers. And what factors go into "best" are up to the individual, so your best bet is to try one for a few days/weeks and see if it does what you need it to.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Skada tracks everything Recount does, with less memory/cpu usage. It's not QUITE as easy to use for in-depth info, but the info IS there.

As Ant1pathy mentioned, though, they're both "close enough" - the main differences between the two addons is ease of use and cpu/memory usage, as well as the standard difference between all damage meters - they all measure "dps" differently (with different definitions of when you're counted as being in combat).

What DPS meter is the best? None.

Quote Originally Posted by Pikatrap
    This, i recently switched from recount to skada and now I hate that I can't see some of the info like how high someone highest hit AND crit was not just the highest hit (whether it was crit or not you can't tell on skada).

Both are easy, its just personal preference
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubbleguy
    Hi, my druid is currently lvl 75 and i'm going for resto at lvl 80, so my question is, what is the most used resto healing rotation?.

I found so much of the information given by Recount to be useless. When I evaluate performance for my raid after a boss, I look at things like "total damage done" and to which target, and damage taken, and interrupts, and so on. DPS isn't a worthwhile statistic, and how high someone crit will make no difference about taking a boss down next time.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Teeef, biggest hits/crits are useless information, as is DPS.

The real important info comes from things like buff/debuff uptimes, cleansings, healing done, absorbs caused (very iffy on accuracy, but VERY important - WoW just doesn't report them well), damage done, interrupts. Anything else is pretty much epeen enhancement.

You can use dps as a personal measure to show improvement, but it should not be used when comparing other people unless you are really trying to point out to someone they are doing something wrong, and offer helpful advice.
    Saying their dps sucks is one thing, providing the numbers might just prompt a change.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Deleted

always loved recount.

A dead boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby
    The thing I like most about this post (and there are SOOOOO many things to like) is that it means something different each time I read through it.

Recount
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

1. Recount
    2. Skada

if you find a working of swstats then use that one and SHARE IT WITH ME ... that was the best mod ever in tbc