Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New "Flying Mount" for Mages in Cataclysm

I'm not exactly sure if i should put this in Cataclysm forums or in here but here we go:

There are a few classes that have class-specific mounts (paladins,warlocks and death knights). Now i believe it is the time for Mages. As you can see in many fantasy universes shown in books,movies,comics etc, powerful Mages can fly by the use of their magic. Since we will be level 85 and are "heroes" who have defeated many evil -including the Lich King- i think we have that kind of power. So,here is my suggestion : Let mages have a spell allowing them to fly without riding a mount, give it a cool name, some arcaneish glowing fx and "flying without a mount" animation(To make it not look like we are swimming in the air.).

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.

(And don't think it in a wrong way,it'll only be like a mount,we won't be able to fight or do anything we can't do on a mount,it won't be usable in combat either. It will only be instant and supa-cool.)

Edit: Changed a typo.

Re: New "Flying Mount" for Mages in Cataclysm

Learn Tailoring and you'll get your mage-like flying mount...

I didnt know paladins, warlocks and death knights were races either...
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

I know how you can fly, make a portal and jump in. The destination is in the air a few feet in front of you, keep doin that till you get to where ever your going.

10+ Year Old Account

You can get the flying carpet with every character that has tailoring, i'm talking about a class-specific mount. Also, flying carpet does not seem like a mage thing to me at all. It is magical,but not mage-ical.

Ok guys I play {x} class. I think {x} should get class specific mounts because Paladins, Warlocks, and Death Knights have them.

I'm not exactly sure if i should put this in Cataclysm forums or in here but here we go:

There is a class that has class-specific portals . Now i believe it is the time for Warlocks. As you can see in many fantasy universes shown in books,movies,comics etc, powerful Warlocks can rip open dark portals by the use of their magic. Since we will be level 85 and are "heroes" who have defeated many evil -including the Lich King- i think we have that kind of power. So,here is my suggestion : Let warlocks have a spell allowing them to teleport to cities without riding a mount, give it a cool name, some dark shadow fx and "demonic rip in reality" animation(To make it not look like we are not using mage portals.).

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.

(And don't think it in a wrong way,it'll only be like a portal,we won't be able to fight or do anything we can't do taking a mage portal,it won't be usable in combat either. It will only be casted and supa-cool.)

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tau

There are a few classes that have class-specific mounts (paladins,warlocks and death knights). Now i believe it is the time for Mages. As you can see in many fantasy universes shown in books,movies,comics etc, powerful Mages can fly by the use of their magic. Since we will be level 85 and are "heroes" who have defeated many evil -including the Lich King- i think we have that kind of power. So,here is my suggestion : Let mages have a spell allowing them to fly without riding a mount, give it a cool name, some arcaneish glowing fx and "flying without a mount" animation(To make it not look like we are swimming in the air.).

(And don't think it in a wrong way,it'll only be like a mount,we won't be able to fight or do anything we can't do on a mount,it won't be usable in combat either. It will only be instant and supa-cool.)

Edit: Changed a typo.
    In the war of the ancients trilogy there were warlocks that could fly without a mount and make infernals rain from the sky... so until blizz gives us those abilities in wow you filthy mages don't deserve jack shit... are personal teleports to all the major cities not enough for you? how bout having more defensive spells than other casters? and having several talents made baseline in vanilla and bc when locks finally got one in wotlk? how much more do you want handed to you by blizz on a silver platter? :

isn't this essentially what your post is...

10+ Year Old Account

Wow,the flaming ... it is just too much. I guess our dearest warlock fellas were just not happy enough to only set things ablaze in game but want to flame in forums too,nice. Anyways, i'm not saying "Give us mage mount because warlocks have them lolol.". I just had an idea that could be cool and interesting and wanted to share. But of course how could i know the existence of warlocks that are hiding in mage forums just to appear when there is a thread wanting something nice for mages. I really can't understand you,or your hate for mages. Yes,you heard me right ! You are only doing this out of hate and even though the reason of my desire is not the thought: "You have mounts, so must we", you make it look like that by calling this a QQ, and try to justify your flaming and trolling.

Way to go.

PS: Constructive criticism wanted !

Wow,the flaming ... it is just too much. I guess our dearest warlock fellas were just not happy enough to only set things ablaze in game but want to flame in forums too,nice. Anyways, i'm not saying "Give us mage mount because warlocks have them lolol.". I just had an idea that could be cool and interesting and wanted to share. But of course how could i know the existence of warlocks that are hiding in mage forums just to appear when there is a thread wanting something nice for mages. I really can't understand you,or your hate for mages. Yes,you heard me right ! You are only doing this out of hate and even though the reason of my desire is not the thought: "You have mounts, so must we", you make it look like that by calling this a QQ, and try to justify your flaming and trolling.

Way to go.

Alright, I made an account just for this! I play a druid, not a warlock. The flaming is justified imo. Quit QQing about not having ANOTHER thing special. You get ports to every major city, not to mention the spells you have. You're greedy and need to live with what the lord gave you. Same goes for everyone who wants an instant cast epic flying. STFU!

10+ Year Old Account

You can put any class with a class-specific mount in the place of warlock in my reply. You are the one that is greedy and not want anymore people to have special mounts. And as a druid,you have no rights to complain about people wanting special things, you are the class with most special abilities and have the most options to customize your character. And i REALLY don't get it why you people are still calling this post a QQ, because i am NOT complaining about other classes having their own mounts, i do NOT want my own mount because they have theirs, i want it just because it fits with the powerful mage concept and sounds really cool to me. Thanks,flame unjustified (It was never justified to begin with but anyways.) .

Edit: Btw,it is not the lord that gives us these things, it is Blizzard.

Alright. You say you want to add another "cool" thing to mages for the purpose of flight. The problem with this is mages already have a spell or class item for travel purposes. Pallies,locks, and DKs get mounts; shaman, druids, hunters, and rogues get a speed boost; and mages get portals. The two classes that have no form of travel spell (unless you include lev or charge) are warriors and priests. This means that until these two classes get a spell/item for travel, mages, or any other class for that matter, would prob be classified under "not fair" for adding one constructive enough?

I think they should just give Warlocks and Priests the Holy/Shadow-y flying thing that powerful witches and wizards seem to have in the Harry Potter films. Problem solved.

Way to go.

Actually me using warlock was just by chance and its close to mage...I have been playing a priest recently that doesn't have portals or a class specific mount and you want both. And your idea isn't new or original in any way so I think the flames are warranted. And of course other classes will qq about you getting a mount AND portals...its justified and your class doesn't deserve one yet. That's like death knights saying they deserve a new class specific flying mount because the one they have now is ugly.

which they do

Give warriors some mount that shoots spears and shit to every direction and theyre happy
    Give rogues some mount that can stealth and theyre happy
    Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Truinz
    Alright. You say you want to add another "cool" thing to mages for the purpose of flight. The problem with this is mages already have a spell or class item for travel purposes. Pallies,locks, and DKs get mounts; shaman, druids, hunters, and rogues get a speed boost; and mages get portals. The two classes that have no form of travel spell (unless you include lev or charge) are warriors and priests. This means that until these two classes get a spell/item for travel, mages, or any other class for that matter, would prob be classified under "not fair" for adding one constructive enough?
    You actually got balls to compare dispellable travel form with cast time without talents, Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack and Sprint to class specifi mounts and portals? Just fuck me. I want the same stuff you are smoking. Don't get me wrong. I'm all against mages getting so called "supa-cool" looking flying spell.

If asked from me that would look just freaking stupid. Only arguments you got to throw in are that we will be lvl 85, "we have defeated many evil" and some other fantasy universe mages can fly? I also know many fantasy worlds where there is little to none magic present. Does that mean mages should be removed from WoW because fantasy world XXXXX doesnt have them in present?

Oh and if it didn't come clear yet I despise your idea and that's purely thanks to one word. Supa-cool. It just makes me see red.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYFioGqC2qQ - The true nature of finnish people

druids get a mount and a speed boost, they must be nerfed to the ground.

10+ Year Old Account

I gave those just as examples to how mages can fly by themselves and in case there are some replies suggesting we are not powerful enough,i added that level85-defeated many evil part. About "supa-cool", i just wrote it at there without thinking ,it is not something i would normally use,believe me.

And yes, i like Voldemort.

Quote Originally Posted by Drifted
    You actually got balls to compare dispellable travel form with cast time without talents, Aspect of the Cheetah/Pack and Sprint to class specifi mounts and portals? Just fuck me. I want the same stuff you are smoking. Don't get me wrong. I'm all against mages getting so called "supa-cool" looking flying spell.
    Yes, it is fair for the purposes of lvling and pvp style. Not everyting is LOLZ I GET MAH CASTIN PORTALS. People need to look at the other side of an ability. Travel form, aspect, ghost wolf, and sprint being able to carry a flag in a few of the BGs at an increased speed for example. Not to mention the ability for travel to just plain outrun a few melee classes.

something like

Mod: Image too big, use thumbnails.