Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...

Re: New "Flying Mount" for Mages in Cataclysm

No thanks, I'm happy enough with portals. I would rather have my Paladin and Warlock get some sort of Pegasus flying mount.

I demand a yellow cloud!

... or make that yellow/black spicky hair only

Quote Originally Posted by Tau

I think this is not so hard to implement,in no way is overpowered and could make a lot of people happy.Only problem i see could emerge is the QQ of other classes for us having a really cool thing.
    This is where I knew this would never going to happen.

i have to agree. gief a instant mount for mages. and i really LOVE the flying arcane bubble.

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...mageflight.jpg

just loving it.

How about this...

You get my charger if i get your portals?

Quote Originally Posted by Adhd
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are AWESOME and theyre happy

FIXD

Give warriors some mount that shoots spears and shit to every direction and theyre happy
    Give rogues some mount that can stealth and theyre happy
    Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.
    wish my mount pooped death and decays.

Deleted

Give warriors some mount that shoots spears and shit to every direction and theyre happy
    Give rogues some mount that can stealth and theyre happy
    Give mages a fucking broomsticks and theyre happy
    Give priests some fucking awesome holy horse that pees lightwells and theyre happy
    Give shamans some spirit mounts that are lame and theyre happy
    Give hunters ablity to mount their pets and theyre happy
    and stop making these fucking lame topics and im happy.
    Give us rogues a flying dagger or throwing knife...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreezlol
    Give us rogues a flying dagger or throwing knife...
    That does not sound safe for your nether region. Not at all.

Deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    That does not sound safe for your nether region. Not at all.
    Standing on the dull side of the dagger/throwing knife like a snowboard

Quote Originally Posted by Chaoslux
    Learn Tailoring and you'll get your mage-like flying mount...

I didnt know paladins, warlocks and death knights were races either...

be nice

since paladin includes aladin, i think a flying carpet is much more a p-aladin thing, dont ya see?

Quote Originally Posted by bug

be nice

since paladin includes aladin, i think a flying carpet is much more a p-aladin thing, dont ya see?
    Aren't you legally obliged to add a rimshot after saying something so cheesy ? (a rimshot being http://www.instantrimshot.com/)

On topic, i think the paladin/warlock/dk mounts look very medi-ocre, this could be because i dont like the look of horses but well yeah

You already have two of the best class mechanics in the game, free food/drink and the easiest transport system.
    You spend less time on mounts than anyone else so why do you need a class specific one.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

bring back plainstriding first imo

I would be all for a mage specific mount that turns u into a vending machine with wings; very fitting for the class
    Quote Originally Posted by Sl
    So you just see mages running up to the boss going "AGGHHH"
    and everyone else being like, "What.. what are you doing?"
    "CDS UP BRO DONT WORRY, AHHHPEWPEWPEPEW"

Quote Originally Posted by ScorchHellfire
    so until blizz gives us those abilities in wow you filthy mages don't deserve jack shit... are personal teleports to all the major cities not enough for you? how bout having more defensive spells than other casters? and having several talents made baseline in vanilla and bc when locks finally got one in wotlk? how much more do you want handed to you by blizz on a silver platter? :
    Yep...we only have defensive abilities with frost...and one slow spell if you spend 51 talent points to get it...to bad we can't randomly shoot bolts full of chaos and stuff and one shot tanks in plate who happen to have 40k health points.

Yep... we're fine as can be....

But no...I wouldn't want to fly without a mount...worked to hard to get some of them...I'd rather have the "cannon" part of "glass cannon" again.

This doesn't make any sense. First of all, there's no lore to support it. Slow fall and hovering type affects sure, but not flying. Second, as other have pointed out, it takes uniqueness away from other character classes. Third, we already have teleport and portals, which are way more useful skills now that the cost of mounts is a joke. Paladins and Warlocks were envied in Vanilla, because their first mount was free (normally it was like 100G, which was a fortune for a level 40), and their epics cost a lot less (~400-500 g vs 1000 g, again this was a lot of money at the time). At this point the mounts are flavor more than any real utility. Finally we have Blink, which no one has really mentioned, but which is a remarkable speed boost in dungeons and other areas that don't allow mounting. A Mage blinking in faster than a rogue sprinting over medium and long distances, plus it's on a short CD so you can use it nearly every time you need a speed boost.

15+ Year Old Account

But no...I wouldn't want to fly without a mount...worked to hard to get some of them...I'd rather have the "cannon" part of "glass cannon" again.
    ^^ this is a good idea, we haven't been referred to as cannons since vanilla and yet we have no survivability as anything except frost.
    Unfortunately, until the people at Blizzard take time to quit explaining why they are right and anyone who disagrees is wrong, they are not going to even hear everyone speaking out desperately trying to warn them the ship is sinking.
    the problems driving players from WoW aren't content or the age of the game, the problem is how the game experience and design philosophy are being undermined by Blizzard's hubris and greed.