Affliction warlock pvp videos?

Just wondering if there were any decent affliction pvp videos as of recent.

I want to get a good look at it before I try it out.

Re: Affliction warlock pvp videos?

Affl is god mode in PvP, routinely take out 2-3 people by myself with out many problems. The recent buffs + the change to resil, has really made it dare i say, almost as good as it was in BC.

Im talking about BGs BTW, I haven't done any arenas yet.

Deleted

Ah someone already linked the video that first came to mind. Fantastic vid by Tezor.

Also loving affliction in pvp, in such a good place compared to how we were at the start of the expansion

Edit: I started making one, whether or not I ever finish it (i'm also not that good) is another question xD

This one was released today by Snutz:
    http://warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=138901

so that brings me to a question. as far as nuking does affliction bring it to the table now with recent changes.

I mean affliction was a sick build before patch, but it lacked being able to nuke healers down very well. Has that changed now?

Affliction is not a nuking capable spec really, it is focused on the consistent pressure from dots, so does need the support to survive burst from opponents, at which point once a few dots are on a target then it will be doing what it does best. Good multi-target damage and the ability to continue doing substantial damage when out of LoS or on the move.
    You can pull off the occasional instant shadow bolt, but thats very much rng and not reliable enough for me to call it a nuke as such, especially since it will not be as potent as destruction or demonology as far as the damage goes.
    I believe I do recall a mention of getting some nuking into affliction though, with the source perhaps being haunt, though we will have to see what comes in cataclysm for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

What is the standard PVP affliction spec/glyphs now ?

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

54/17/0 is the spec. You've got some possibilites for choice there, though, like taking or not taking Suppression/Improved Curse of Agony, deciding to put more than one point into Shadow Embrace to get Improved Fear...but that's about it, really. In Demonology there are no choices whatsoever, although I could see dropping Improved Health Funnel if you play 2DPS/3DPS.

Glyph choice varies on comp...Quick Decay is mandatory, Shadowflame may be useful if your comp lacks strong snares, others also depend on comp. Some still run with Soul Link, others take Corruption...play around and see what suits your playstyle and comp best.

Quote Originally Posted by War
    so that brings me to a question. as far as nuking does affliction bring it to the table now with recent changes.

I mean affliction was a sick build before patch, but it lacked being able to nuke healers down very well. Has that changed now?
    In an Arena situation you can't just nuke a Healer down alone. But you have a partner.
    In a 1v1 Situations its possible, but it takes some time to set up a kill setup, you wait until they drop a little bit, have DoTs rolling > Fear, Fear, Deathcoul, Drainsoul, Counterspell, dead.

15+ Year Old Account

Why do people always post say thing ??/??/?? is the best spec and dont even make it a link to anything? How the hell is someone asking what a good spec is ever going to know what the hell you are laking about? those point could be in ANYTHING

For instance: http://talent.mmo-champion.com/?warl...hpJE5me,,11403

15+ Year Old Account

XX/YY/ZZ is usually in a sticky, or a cookie cutter spec of some sort.

Edit: don't use wowpopular.com, its extremely out of date somehow.

R.I.P. YARG

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account

The problem with providing a "cookie cutter" spec is: different players have different styles. There are some "mandatory" talents, and I assume most warlocks could guess them. What it comes down to is the choice between taking or not taking

• Improved Fear,
    • 3/3 Suppression,
    • more than one point in Shadow Embrace,
    • Improved Healthstone instead of Improved Felhunter.

And that's about it. You simply need everything else. Glyphs? Same old thing. The only ones worth considering (for Affliction, that is) are Shadowflame, Corruption, Soul Link, Howl of Terror, Quick Decay. Quick Decay is mandatory, so you get to choose the other two glyphs. If you're low on resil/stam you'll most likely pick Soul Link/Howl, if your comp lacks reliable snares it's Shadowflame/X, if you're well-equipped you take Corruption/ - of course, this is simplified.