Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Re: I'm being serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    So his Blizzard quote is less true than yours. I see.

I didn't know that just by saying so, your source can be made more valid than someone else's.
    I will use this information in the future when I want to be right but have no more validity than my opposition.
    So many big words please re-translate into simpler words for me to compute.
    >>This is where I'd put a witty quote for my Signature<<
    IF I HAD ONE

Think of the game as a book. When you are level one, you're on the first page of the book. When you're at the level cap, you're at the last page of the book. Essentially, when you take your character from a max level zone back to a lower level one, you're turning back the pages of the book. When you read a book, and turn the pages back, you still know what you've already read right? Even if you start reading a book all over again, you don't forget what happens at the end just because you turned back a few pages.

So if we use levels to represent pages, the events of the Death Knight starting zone happen on page 55, while Arthas doesn't die until page 80.

Goblins: They roam everywhere, they could have easily been exploring somewhere and have been caught unawares by a mob of scourge or by necromancers of the Cult of the Damned.

Worgen: Worgen have been roaming the lands of Azeroth since the game came out, as early as page 10 (Silverpine forest). And if the Worgen curse was able to get into Gilneas, even after Genn closed it off, who's to say some Gilneans didn't get fed up with their imprisonment behind the Greymane Wall? Who's to say your character didn't take a little stroll to see how things were outside of Gilneas? If you're a Worgen anyway, I'm sure a few cliffs are no match for the agility of a Werewolf.

This means that Goblins and Worgen exist during the events of Acherus and therefore have as much chance as any other race to have been captured by the scourge and turned into a Death Knight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    ok.

Fun > Lore

Metzen said it.

I guess that's a pretty cool way to respond. Would have worked better if I had used something bigger than "valid" though. I didn't know that it was so overwhelming and difficult to understand.

If you're not trying to mock me, then nevermind this post. >_>

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Tural
    I guess that's a pretty cool way to respond. Would have worked better if I had used something better than "valid" though.

If you're not trying to mock me, then nevermind this post. >_>
    I'm not trying to mock you I'm to high for these big words just smoked some kush and took 2 blues i'm out of it.
    IF I HAD ONE

Alright, well anyways: As people said, there is no lore reason. There is no excuse for why they are able to be DKs. It's just to give the players more choices.

In an evolving game, many things stop making sense after a while. Lore and gameplay butt heads every step of the way.

One way we can look at it?

You're a happy goblin who has been shipwrecked, probably because of the Cataclysm. You join the Horde, and start to explore the world and see the devastation caused by Deathwing. While exploring the Eastern Plaguelands, you pull one too many skeletons and you die. Your body is placed in a wheelbarrow and taken to Archeus. You have potential, so Arthas resurrects you.

You are freed from Arthas by Darion/the event at Light's Hope. It sucks here on Azeroth, what with Arthas and Deathwing blowing things up, but you are told that a slightly less powerful evil resides in Outland, where Illidan is still preparing an invasion. You pick the lesser of the evils and go to Outland. You hit 68. At this point, you can assume you have done enough and you can return to Azeroth, knowing enough setbacks have been put in place for someone else to deal with Illidan. Or you can stay there, hit 70, find a bunch of people, and kill Illidan. Regardless, there is nothing left for you to do in Outland (or there are more important things to be done in Azeroth, now that you are stronger).

Enter Northrend. Arthas taunts you in every zone. It's tragic what Deathwing is doing to Azeroth, but right now the Lich King needs to be dispatched. You hit 78. At this point you can assume you have done enough to start dealing with Deathwing, or you can stay, gear up, find some friends, and try to end Arthas' reign of evil. If you don't- assume someone else has, and that Deathwing is now the last threat (and you're powerful enough to finally do something about it).

There. You're a level 80 Goblin DK who is ready for the Cataclysm.

It's possible to have more than one "big bad" at a time.

Re-visitation of those old instances however, needs to be a leap of faith. Blizzard can't remove them just because an expansion has come out or you've killed it already. It's already a small stretch of the imagination to kill a boss every day or week without him ever dying, so let's not ask any silly questions like "Why can I still go back and kill Illidan every day if he's already dead?".

You can also apply this scenario to a Worgen.

This is all assuming that Blizzard doesn't add any additional lore to support Death Knights. This was just using the in-game lore, combined with a small leap of faith, and a little ingenuity.

Dart Matsuraki also has a good way of explaining it. The world moves as you do.

Keep in mind though- as with any MMO, you will destroy your own experience if you try and consider the achievements of everyone else. There is no possible way to explain having people killing Arthas while you're still watching him laugh at Drakuru. Trying to argue or explain that is pointless.

I'm not trying to mock you I'm to high for these big words just smoked some kush and took 2 blues i'm out of it.
    What is it about WoW (and probably other games, as well) that makes people, like, openly admit to being junkies?

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by DocKro
    What is it about WoW (and probably other games, as well) that makes people, like, openly admit to being junkies?
    Because when your high and you play WoW it's so cool all the colors and shit, doing anything else high just isn't fun.
    And I'm not a junkie I just do a lot of recreational activities
    IF I HAD ONE

In Cataclysm how are Worgens and Goblins Supposed to be Death Knights I mean the Lich King the only one who can make Death Knights is now Bolvar who is frozen, I mean its just against the lore of the game. I could be wrong though. It just doesn't make sense to me.
    way to give a spoiler alert.. >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by fizikz View Post
    TOXOPLASMA PARASITES ARE RUINING THE GAME!!!!!!
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by pomop
    way to give a spoiler alert.. >.>
    Read my signature and you'll understand my point of giving spoilers.
    IF I HAD ONE

Read my signature and you'll understand my point of giving spoilers.
    I dont understand? Lava man sounds like something mega man would be fighting.

edit - (but may not show edit) I think megaman fought lavaman actually. Yes, i played megaman.
    Blizz needs to stop nerfing the game based on people wiith toxoplasma parasites!!!

10+ Year Old Account

I dont understand? Lava man sounds like something mega man would be fighting.
    THATS WHAT I SAID!!!
    IF I HAD ONE

THATS WHAT I SAID!!!
    well theres a different level of spoilage.

low low low is that, simply not knowing the name and then somebody says the name.

huge ass spoiler would be finding out Ragnaros eats deathwing and becomes ragnawing.

Deleted

hmm hmm i think i have seen this topic before! ahh thats right every day since the mask models where posted here!...

10+ Year Old Account

huge ass spoiler would be finding out Ragnaros eats deathwing and becomes ragnawing.
    OMGWTFBBQ THATS PUREPWNAGEATITSFINEST
    IF I HAD ONE

OMGWTFBBQ THATS PUREPWNAGEATITSFINEST
    precisely. And if you foind that out after rag and DW were released and you had not done them, it would be a pretty hardcore spoiler.

10+ Year Old Account

precisely. And if you foind that out after rag and DW were released and you had not done them, it would be a pretty hardcore spoiler.
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG That is the best spoiler I ever has readz. More Spoilers please
    IF I HAD ONE

Becuase they can. Get it over it.

Same reason why DKs go to outland, and why UC has different guards for everyone, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lymphocyte
    hahahaha ur funny but oh so wrong....the death knights as we know it meaning, the necromatic kind...existed only after arthas. the death knights the orcs had dont really count. Arthas is actually the first death knight.
    i define here death knight as someone with the ability to rise and control undeath.
    You are an idiot.