Thread: Mage T10 4pc

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...

Re: Mage T10 4pc

Quote Originally Posted by Swizzle
    why? i hated that shit. could go from 0 procs on one boss to a shit ton in a row on the next raping my mana.
    It was fun! Getting 347 hot streak proc chains as I run 30 yards from a frost bomb and losing no dps = love.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by Skarrd
    It was fun! Getting 347 hot streak proc chains as I run 30 yards from a frost bomb and losing no dps = love.
    Frost bomb? Wasn't Sapphiron pretty farm by the time you get 4pt8?

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    A pure dumbfire mode (every time MI is up) gives you 3%.
    This is wrong unless you never log off and always use it when it's ready, even when you're regging, dead (impossible), etc. - aka an unlimited duration fight.

Even when only restricting it to being used only in fight (probably the dumbest reasonable assumption possible that includes using it at all) it'll already average more than 3% damage because there's always some time in between fights in which it'll cool down unless every fight lasts exactly 3 minutes which would, again, be an unreasonable assumption under any circumstances.

The only term used that was right is that it gives a minimum of 3% additional average damage.

Maths simply doesn't end at "divide the duration by the cooldown" as assumed by Swizzle. You cannot give an absolute number and say it's true in general just because it's true under your personal assumptions.

@OP(since nobody should care about a number that's only true for unlimited duration stand and nuke fights using no cooldowns):
    The bonus is one of the strongest set bonuses in WoW and currently I can't imagine any situation where I'd wear nonset pieces over it.

15+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by GT4
    This is wrong unless you never log off and always use it when it's ready, even when you're regging, dead (impossible), etc. - aka an unlimited duration fight.

Even when only restricting it to being used only in fight (probably the dumbest reasonable assumption possible that includes using it at all) it'll already average more than 3% damage because there's always some time in between fights in which it'll cool down unless every fight lasts exactly 3 minutes which would, again, be an unreasonable assumption under any circumstances.

The only term used that was right is that it gives a minimum of 3% additional average damage.

Maths simply doesn't end at "divide the duration by the cooldown" as assumed by Swizzle. You cannot give an absolute number and say it's true in general just because it's true under your personal assumptions.
    what? you just made up a bunch of words, threw them in random order, threw my name in, and are making an argument out of it? really? no one cares about your DPS afk on a mailbox or on trash in a random daily.

we don't care about your DPS in a house, on the ground or near a mouse.
    i don't care if it's in the book, sitting in Org while you cook.
    i don't care for it in a tree, in a tent, or while you pee.
    i don't care for it when you are dead. or alive. or IN YO HEAD.
    i don't care for what you say,
    god this retarded argument made my day.
    BfA Beta Time

what? you just made up a bunch of words, threw them in random order, threw my name in, and are making an argument out of it? really? no one cares about your DPS afk on a mailbox or on trash in a random daily.

That's exactly the reason why saying the bonus provides 3% theoretical damage is wrong. It's more than 3% for any fight with a duration less than infinite. Thus it's more for every fight. Thus your theoretical increase seems to go by assumptions which are not reasonable.

15+ Year Old Account

That's exactly the reason why saying the bonus provides 3% theoretical damage is wrong. It's more than 3% for any fight with a duration less than infinite.
    are you daft or just doing the worst job trolling i've ever seen?
    BfA Beta Time

Good because that trip into dr seuss world made mine.

Also, mimiron frost bombs, not sapphiron :P

are you daft or just doing the worst job trolling i've ever seen?
    English isn't my native language but even in my native language I'm simply missing words to describe how stupid it is to dumb something so complex down so much, calculate something based on those assumptions and argue it's the factual truth.
    The OP asked how strong it is, not how strong it would be for unlimited duration stand and nuke fights without mana or cooldowns assuming you use it exactly on cooldown and your mirror images die before their first cast.

15+ Year Old Account

English isn't my native language but even in my native language I'm simply missing words to describe how stupid it is to dumb something so complex down so much, calculate something and argue it's the factual truth.
    The OP asked how strong it is, not how strong it would be for "unlimited duration stand and nuke fights without mana or cooldowns".

right...which is why we gave the increase the set provides over a specified period of time, mainly the cooldown of the spell. every 180, you will do 18% more damage for 30 seconds. i don't see where the complexity or spam ad infinitum come in. do you see now? do you?
    BfA Beta Time

right...which is why we gave the increase the set provides over a specified period of time, mainly the cooldown of the spell. every 180, you will do 18% more damage for 30 seconds. i don't see where the complexity or spam ad infinitum come in. do you see now? do you?
    So your assumption is that the fight you use for your calculations lasts exactly 180 seconds? How do you come to that assumption? I don't see any fact within the set bonus saying fights last exactly 180 seconds (or a multiple of that).

Just don't claim numbers derived using certain assumptions as general factual truth. They are true, but only under the assumptions used to get them. You'll have no problems with spam if you don't do that.

15+ Year Old Account

So your assumption is that the fight you use for your calculations lasts exactly 180 seconds? How do you come to that assumption? I don't see any fact within the set bonus saying fights last exactly 180 seconds (or a multiple of that).

Just don't claim numbers derived using certain assumptions as general factual truth. They are true, but only under the assumptions used to get them. You'll have no problems with spam if you don't do that.
    dude, do yo play a mage or have you had rectal surgery recently and the shit can't come out anywhere else?

the COOLDOWN on mirror images is 180 seconds (aka 3 minutes), meaning you can not gain the bonus more than once every 180 seconds. don't believe me? Mirror Image....VA BOOM!!!! the buff lasts 30 seconds, and can be used once every 180 seconds, which means it is up 30/180= 1/6th of the time.

now, 18/6=3

WOW WEE WOO WAA, that is where we get that magic number of 3. thank you, come again.
    BfA Beta Time

dude, do yo play a mage or have you had rectal surgery recently and the shit can't come out anywhere else?

the COOLDOWN on mirror images is 180 seconds (aka 3 minutes), meaning you can not gain the bonus more than once every 180 seconds. don't believe me? Mirror Image....VA BOOM!!!! the buff lasts 30 seconds, and can be used once every 180 seconds, which means it is up 30/180= 1/6th of the time.

now, 18/6=3

WOW WEE WOO WAA, that is where we get that magic number of 3. thank you, come again.
    Nobody says that 30/180*18 doesn't equal 3, it just isn't the damage increase provided by the set bonus as you claim it to be. The damage increase provided by the set bonus is a function based on the combat time as well as damage distribution over that time.

15+ Year Old Account

BfA Beta Time

I guess your trolling was successful Congratulations.

Quote Originally Posted by Töasty

Now here is the confusing part, and correct me if I'm wrong, here is where multiplicative and additive come into play.

Let's say D= normal damage

I pop MI, and I'm doing (D) +(D)x(.18).

When I pop arcane power, with MI, is it (D) + (D)x(.18) + (D)x(.20)? That would be 1.38xD.

or is it:

(D) x (1.18) x (1.20)? That would be 1.416xD ?
    (D) x (1.18) x (1.20) is the correct math. All the effects stack multiplicatively. It is not a bunch of separate effects being independently to some base damage and then added together.

Threat gen, mount speed, and just about everything else in the game works this way.

Quote Originally Posted by DirewolfX
    Frost bomb? Wasn't Sapphiron pretty farm by the time you get 4pt8?
    Frost Bomb - Mimiron