Oldschool dude, now a noob. LF Help and Suggestions

Hey guys,

I'm an old wow player, used to be a hardcore raider and pvper up till TBC, and a little bit into TBC, but then I quit cause I didn't feel like the game had any rewards left for me. I kinda miss the community and considered playing again but I need some info first, please!:

1. What's the best pvp realm to play on right now? (as in top players, skill, competition, population)
    2. What's the imba class of the moment? I used to play lock as main, had a rogue alt, both @70, liked it.
    3. How's the leveling process atm? I heard they made it even easier...
    4. What are the general whines in the PvP sector?

I'd like to play horde, as before, but do let me know if there's serious reasons to play alliance,hehe...

That's all i can think of now.
    BTW, idon't want to raid anymore. Prolly just some 5/10man once in a while, but no more serious raiding.

Re: Oldschool dude, now a noob. LF Help and Suggestions

1. What's the best pvp realm to play on right now? (as in top players, skill, competition, population)
    check warcraftrealms.com for server balance
    2. What's the imba class of the moment? I used to play lock as main, had a rogue alt, both @70, liked it.
    can't answer this, there isn't really an imba class as long as people play the class whell you can win with anything
    3. How's the leveling process atm? I heard they made it even easier...
    it is easier indeed but 70-80 is alot more fun than any part of 1-70, northrend questing is alot more fun than "kill 20 mobs" or "loot 20 of this", there are some of those quests still but alot less than in TBC
    4. What are the general whines in the PvP sector?
    just the standard shit "ability A is OP compared to ability B" "class A can't kill class B" .. that sort of thing..

Quote Originally Posted by pwnzar

BTW, idon't want to raid anymore. Prolly just some 5/10man once in a while, but no more serious raiding.

HEY! 10 man is serious business.
    Quote Originally Posted by SilkforCalde View Post
    Wow. You don't even know the basics. Challenging Shout is not and has never been a taunt. It doesn't even remotely function like a taunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyko

HEY! 10 man is serious business.
    computer games are srs business.

Srsly now, warcraftrealms.com misses a lot of data. I just wanted to know the best pvp realm atm. When i quit in nov '08, it was Stormscale. Which one is it nao ?

in EU that still is.

10+ Year Old Account

In PvP perspective, you probably don't want to hear that Warlocks are not the complete terror they once were.
    They're actually almost on the bottom of the food chain this xpac. You're best to roll a Mage if you want to be a FotM player.
    Frostmages are by far the strongest PvP class in the game, and for PvE they can top the meters by pressing 2 buttons.

And I know I'm gonna get flamed for this (big deal you have to press AP, Mirror Images etc. every 3 mins) but I play a Mage at 80 myself (next to an 80 Warlock and Hunter).
    What is worth fighting for?

As for as the leveling process goes, they made it "easier" in one way by offering heirloom items (items that scale in stats 1-80) buyable for certain currency obtainable by level 80s. Of course you'll need an 80 (or lower depending on your ability to earn badges, I know you can do a daily dungeon every day at 70 and very slowly earn an heirloom..) to farm up what you need.. but once you have the item it's Account Bound (mail-able to your other toons of the same faction). The big thing about these is the pve ones give you +10% Experience gained from kills / quests.. You're currently able to wear shoulders and chest giving you +20% XP on all kills and quest-turn-ins.. as long as you're wearing them.

Another improvement is they've allowed you to earn XP in Battlegrounds, as well as introduced a cross-realm LookingForGroup system where you can queue for a dungeon (much like a bg) and when a tank, healer, and 3 dps are found, teleport you straight to the dungeon to complete.

The general "easiest way to level" is just by doing quests in your heirlooms while waiting on the dungeon queues, as you get a bonus chunk of XP (and some money, perhaps an item?) upon completing the last boss of said dungeon..

Other than that, Recruit-A-Friend is amazing, tons of XP bonus there (200% i think?) if you know someone who would want to level with you and is new to the game.

Afaik every class is represented above 2,2k rating

Its the normal whine:

Casters->melee is freaking op and should be nerfed

Melee->everything is freaking op and should be nerfed

Healers-> You can global me

Dps-> I can kill healers

The leveling have always been easy no major changes just faster with less xp each lvl and mounts at a sooner lvl.