Lich King event in HoR

They added a spell to prevent the 'behind' tactic of the chase.

http://www.wowhead.com/?spell=74117

And kudos to the DeVry graduate Blizzard employee that coded that spell.

Suffereing.

Re: Lich King event in HoR

ehh cool what is the behind tactic? Now im guessing that you are behind the lich king but is that not just going to cause all the adds to kill Jaina/Sylvanas?

Also what does the spell do? Is it a finger of doom or something like that?

It spams 2k shadow dmg/sec to anyone in the zone behind the Lich King.

And the behind tactic is when you get behind him and kill the adds as they spawn instead of them having to run to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr
    ehh cool what is the behind tactic? Now im guessing that you are behind the lich king but is that not just going to cause all the adds to kill Jaina/Sylvanas?

Also what does the spell do? Is it a finger of doom or something like that?
    If you're behind, all the adds auto aggro you, this way you get more time to dps, it was alot easier.

And this spell does a purple lightning beam thing, it drains health quite quickly killing anyone behind.

^^ That was quick thanks for the response. Why is it that I always first hear about stuff like that when they remove it. :S It was the same with the rampage bug and all the other cool stuff

the "behind" tactic sucked a lot.
    took all the fun out of the instance because you really didn't run away from the LK.

Luckily there were some tanks (including me) who said "no, I won't do the behind tactic, because it's buguse"

yeah, and it sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Genganger View Post
    Often I just open the fridge instead of turning the lights on in the kitchen. I like that.

There are too many complaints about the content being too easy, yet they were just as quick to exploit the ezmode way to do that encounter.
    Well done on the fix so that people actually have to work for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

The behind method is still possible.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd
    There are too many complaints about the content being too easy, yet they were just as quick to exploit the ezmode way to do that encounter.
    Well done on the fix so that people actually have to work for it.
    The people that complain that 5mans are too easy are usually bad and can't do raid content, or idiots that don't understand that the content wasn't designed for current gear levels.

The people who came up with this method were likely creative and didn't care about the fun of the 5man, because they just wanted to get their frost badges and get out.

There really shouldn't be a ton of overlap.

I did the "behind tactic" to get the achievement, not to go into ezmode and exploit anything.

Doing this boss legitly is sooooo hard.

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    I did the "behind tactic" to get the achievement, not to go into ezmode and exploit anything.
    But... that is going into ezmode and exploiting things. How is "doing it for the achievement" any different? If anything, that just makes it worse. Don't fucking fail at DPS and the achievement is easy.

Deleted

LoS him.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account

Quote Originally Posted by levitate
    SO basically you exploited the bug to get it easy enough for you to get an achievement you didn't deserve...

Now how didn't you go into ezmode and exploit anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Amuno
    And this spell does a purple lightning beam thing, it drains health quite quickly killing anyone behind.
    It does drain health quite fast. I tried to heal through it, but as a disc priest it just wasn't possible with my level of gear :P
    If you can smile when things go wrong, you have someone in mind to blame.

Awh, now I have to work again Blizzzzzzz you promised free badges!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Actually, there is a legitimate reason for using the "behind the boss" strat in that encounter. To counter a bug with the encounter.

The Behind the boss strat still works, you just stay inside the room where he fights with sylvanas / jaina before the event starts. You can move up a bit afterwards (his aura of death only extends back behind him about 500 yards or so, not right back to the door as some people believe).

As to the bug this helps counter? Out of the last 5 times i have run HHoR, on 4 of them, Sylvanas has been at 1 HP when she "contains" Arthas before the event begins. If you do the encounter the way it is intended, you have about a 70% chance or so on the last two waves to have Sylvanas catch a random Shadow Bolt from the casters Shadow Bolt Volley spell, and die, which instantly kills you all.

Normally Sylvanas has about 250k hp when the event begins, and by the end, usually takes between 40 to 50k unpreventable damage from Shadowbolts or other random things.

So yeah, untill blizzard fixes that, if I see sylvanas at 1 HP, i suggest we "exploit" the encounter to avoid a nearly unpreventable wipe.

Quote Originally Posted by Surfd
    Actually, there is a legitimate reason for using the "behind the boss" strat in that encounter. To counter a bug with the encounter.

The Behind the boss strat still works, you just stay inside the room where he fights with sylvanas / jaina before the event starts. You can move up a bit afterwards (his aura of death only extends back behind him about 500 yards or so, not right back to the door as some people believe).

As to the bug this helps counter? Out of the last 5 times i have run HHoR, on 4 of them, Sylvanas has been at 1 HP when she "contains" Arthas before the event begins. If you do the encounter the way it is intended, you have about a 70% chance or so on the last two waves to have Sylvanas catch a random Shadow Bolt from the casters Shadow Bolt Volley spell, and die, which instantly kills you all.

Normally Sylvanas has about 250k hp when the event begins, and by the end, usually takes between 40 to 50k unpreventable damage from Shadowbolts or other random things.

So yeah, untill blizzard fixes that, if I see sylvanas at 1 HP, i suggest we "exploit" the encounter to avoid a nearly unpreventable wipe.
    Or you could heal her

Except that I dont believe you can. I havent tried it after the event has started, but you definately can not heal her before you start it (I tried on my shaman, it just heals me).