Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast

Re: TURN all 10 man raids into daily reset. Except ICC.

Daily resetting raids doesn't seem like a good idea. I doubt there'd be many people that'd honestly prefer repeatedly killing KT to CoT for any reason other than gear.

On a side note: Week long lockouts for Maly/Naxx and maybe even Uld at this point should be shortened to somewhere along the lines of ZA and be half a week reset or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz
    So lets get this straight.

Run toc 10 daily for 15 badges and icc 5 man heroic level gear. Ummmm sounds bad.

Run voa 10 and get tier even faster PLUS even worse t10 is gainable there.
    I don't understand where everyone gets the idea that "old 10 man raids" are VoA?

I would classify an "old 10 man raid" as something you don't see people running anymore, ie. Naxx10 and Uld10.

I also don't understand how you can even begin to think that ToC10 is easier than the ICC heroics? The ICC heroics can be charged through in a few minutes, giving you raid equivalent gear, and are extremely easy to do. Not to mention that I don't think I've ever whiped during any of the ICC heroics, they are simply free gear... ToC10 at least requires you to have some idea of what's going and have some group synergy on in order to one shot everything.

I just discovered a new solution to the problem. If you think that Naxx 10/25 or other early wotlk raid give too little emblems loot compared to the time u spend there, then there may be a way out.
    Simply make Dungeon Finder capable of finding a group for 1 random boss from early raids. After each killed u get few triumphs and money. After 3 bosses killed u get 1 frost. This will save a lot of time, money and there will not be needed so much patience for the all raid. And also, it will attract more players to raid old raid's.

p.s sorry for my english, hope it isnt as bad as i think it is :P

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie
    Ah, indeed. You are right. Mmmm.
    Make Ulduar it into separate wings?
    Just like SM.

Then it feels like that you have now 4 x wing 10 man dungeons with each wing 3 bosses?
    And hardest wing = yoggsaron?

That way, it should work?

Raid ID extension.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenjie

But I really feel that its Blizzard wrong that they did make players abandon old raids.
    Since heroics are dropping waay better items, and it is so easy too.
    Through that, they never know how to play right in hard coordinated bosses/trashmobs.

It makes them never want to enter naxx, ulduar and further.
    Since heroics are dropping better emblems.

Maybe it is not REAL true that it is blizzard fault, but blizzard is really not motivating them to enter Ulduar, which they should..

I should say, let heroics stop dropping emblems, and change it to that 10 man raids does drop that emblem..
    That should make a lot players to have MOTIVATION to enter 10 man raids, and learn the TRUE challenge?
    For a start, heroics do not drop "better" emblems". The simple truth is 5-man heroics are: faster, easier to make, and although you may not think it now, far less "grindy" than some of the older 10-man raids.

Think for a second. Lets say you were a DPS. Right now you're probably getting an optimal queue time for a heroic of 5 minutes, at low population times 15, and on average 10 minutes. That time is mostly spent selecting from the tiny pool of healers and tanks around.

Now, for a 10-man that means you will have to find 2 tanks and 2 healers. But even if you outgear the content, that doesn't mean everyone will automatically know what they are doing, be the best player at their class, etc. You might find yourself needing 3 healers for instance, but how does a tool like LFG determine whether you will need 2 or 3 healers?

If it was trying to find 3 healers and 2 tanks, that could take a VERY long time. Not to mention you could get noobs who are undergeared and have to get carried. Thats bad enough in a 5-man.

Another thing, maybe you weren't around for 3.0, and 3.1. Well for the players who were, we grinded Naxx for months, Ulduar too, to get good gear. Just because YOU may want to see that content, doesn't mean every person who went in there week after week hoping for that lucky roll to win Betrayer after 2 hours (at a MINIMUM) of clearing out that place, would want to go back in there any time soon.
    It's going to take a couple of expansion's to get Naxx's bitter taste out of my mouth.

Blizzard is not motivating any1 to enter Ulduar right now, true, but do want to know why? Because they already DID that for months and months during this expansion, and they aren't going to start advertising their old content again all of a sudden at the cost of not advertising their NEW content.

Its not Blizzard's fault, it is the constant shifting of "whats fun" for players. Naxx and Ulduar are still there. People even run them on occasion. Just put yourself in the Look for Raid interface and hope for the best, because people who dont WANT to do Naxx and Ulduar, well, they probably WONT do it.

Until level 60 and 70 raids have lockouts nerfed/removed, I dont see a point in removing lichking cooldowns.

I dont really see a point in any raid cooldowns under 3 days, either, but maybe its just me.

Yeah.... no. You seem to forget that there's guilds who strictly raid 10-man.

Also, if it was on a 1 minute reset, 25-man guilds could easily face-roll Trial of the Grand Crusader 7 times a week for some easy-obtainable upgrades.

Heroics are fine. Get over it.

I still have a ton of Ulduar achiev's to get... yet almost nobody wants to go in.
    it's a shame :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Furytitan
    For a start, heroics do not drop "better" emblems". The simple truth is 5-man heroics are: faster, easier to make, and although you may not think it now, far less "grindy" than some of the older 10-man raids.

Think for a second. Lets say you were a DPS. Right now you're probably getting an optimal queue time for a heroic of 5 minutes, at low population times 15, and on average 10 minutes. That time is mostly spent selecting from the tiny pool of healers and tanks around.

Now, for a 10-man that means you will have to find 2 tanks and 2 healers. But even if you outgear the content, that doesn't mean everyone will automatically know what they are doing, be the best player at their class, etc. You might find yourself needing 3 healers for instance, but how does a tool like LFG determine whether you will need 2 or 3 healers?

If it was trying to find 3 healers and 2 tanks, that could take a VERY long time. Not to mention you could get noobs who are undergeared and have to get carried. Thats bad enough in a 5-man.

Another thing, maybe you weren't around for 3.0, and 3.1. Well for the players who were, we grinded Naxx for months, Ulduar too, to get good gear. Just because YOU may want to see that content, doesn't mean every person who went in there week after week hoping for that lucky roll to win Betrayer after 2 hours (at a MINIMUM) of clearing out that place, would want to go back in there any time soon.
    It's going to take a couple of expansion's to get Naxx's bitter taste out of my mouth.

Blizzard is not motivating any1 to enter Ulduar right now, true, but do want to know why? Because they already DID that for months and months during this expansion, and they aren't going to start advertising their old content again all of a sudden at the cost of not advertising their NEW content.

Its not Blizzard's fault, it is the constant shifting of "whats fun" for players. Naxx and Ulduar are still there. People even run them on occasion. Just put yourself in the Look for Raid interface and hope for the best, because people who dont WANT to do Naxx and Ulduar, well, they probably WONT do it.
    Thanks for letting me know that heroics and 10 man do drop same emblems.

But other thing I disagree with you.
    I don't think that people DONT want to go back because they dislike it.
    But because it is way harder and same rewarding that you can get from heroics.
    So all people are so blinded now from doing heroics MONTHS MONTHS,
    Way more months then naxx and ulduar!!??
    I feel that players REALLY hate heroics, and want to do fast as possible because they are doing 10000 x all over again. They DISLIKE IT SO MUCH. But they can't other way around.

So I think, Blizzard should do something about old 10man raids, to make it more attractable for new players.

Im talking about new players, when they enter lvl 80 endgame. Only way to get fast gear is via heroics which doesnt fit the philosphy of WoW.
    They should go via the normal progression, via 10 man with dailyresets.

Normal Dungones --> Heroics ---> 10man Naxx(daily resets) --> 10man Ulduar(daily resets)
    --> ToTc(daily resets) --> ICC.

Nowadays, heroics ---> ICC, and because of that. Players do not know anything of game, they did not learn anything how to play raids etc. And of sudden they enter ICC. Which is not good way in my opinion.

And I believe that Blizzard should make 10man of Naxx and Ulduar more accessible to them.
    And let it stop letting dropping heroics same emblems as 10 man raids?

And mm, about the que time, if everyone stepped from heroics to 10 man naxx and ulduar for getting emblems and other things.
    Then i believe que time would be ok.

So...
    New players need to go via normal progression to develop their skills, experience.
    And same time they are seeing all contents via normal progression.
    Thats what i believe.

Add event that when ALL boss's are cleared you get 5 frost 5 emblem like weekly raid. Yes i know im going to get QQ but make them oneday resets aswell you go do a raid clear all in that day naxx will be farmed! Having raids and heroics drop same emblems is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Wannabetank
    Add event that when ALL boss's are cleared you get 5 frost 5 emblem like weekly raid. Yes i know im going to get QQ but make them oneday resets aswell you go do a raid clear all in that day naxx will be farmed! Having raids and heroics drop same emblems is a joke.
    I thought that raid bosses drop also some kind of emblems or? Please correct me.

It wouldn't change anything.

There's not a single (pug) Nax 10 raid on our server anymore, you can farm your badges faster and easier in heroics.
    Sure you will say "with my pewpewl33t6000gs mates I clear nax10 in 20 minutes!", but with people that's still wanting badges gear any raid would take a felt eternity.

15+ Year Old Account

So what if you let raids reset everyday? people still won't run it.

if you think people arent going cause its a weekly reset, then you are wrong.

people dont go cause its boring as hell

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Jubei'Thos&n=Plebs

Quote Originally Posted by Puri
    It wouldn't change anything.

There's not a single (pug) Nax 10 raid on our server anymore, you can farm your badges faster and easier in heroics.
    Sure you will say "with my pewpewl33t6000gs mates I clear nax10 in 20 minutes!", but with people that's still wanting badges gear any raid would take a felt eternity.
    They will when they realise that 10man raids dropping better emblems then heroics.

F.E. Heroics = emblems of conquest
    10 man Naxx = emblems of triumph
    10 man ulduars = emblems of frost

It will make lots people QQ ofc, but they will get used to it, and face THE true challenge of WOW!! And follow the normal progression!

The only non-ICC 10-man raid that people will actually run everyday is probably only ToC, finished in less than 20min, 15 emblems, and possible gears. The other raids are simply not worth it, Naxx is too long, give too little emblem, gear is suckier than emblem/ICC heroic gear (except for 1 or 2 trinkets), and sucks that half your raid have no idea how Naxx is fought and you get to clear raid till you are frustrated enough not wanting to go again. Ulduar is even worse.

People would just farm VoA until they had full T10. And you know what? That would fucking suck.

This idea. I dislike it.

Quote Originally Posted by Herecius
    People would just farm VoA until they had full T10. And you know what? That would fucking suck.

This idea. I dislike it.
    Only two different tier10 items drop from VoA, hands and legs...

Quote Originally Posted by Whatsnew
    Only two different tier10 items drop from VoA, hands and legs...
    That was EXACTLY his point. Geez.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    Only idiots quote themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Raunoman
    That was EXACTLY his point. Geez.
    Did you read the quote: FULL T10...

Maybe attend school instead of trolling forums...