Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
1
2
  1. #21
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by DomBomb1
    False. You completely overlooked Flask of the North, which is alchemy's "passive" boost when not using a real flask.
    True because you completely failed to read my post. I was strictly discussing the fact that flask of the north has no hp benefit. This thread is about which profession is best for a (pally) tank and flask of the north provides no real tanking benefits.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fictionseven
    JC/BS is the BiS professions for end game tanking
    There are points in the game when straight stam isnt the best way to go.
    The extra sockets do not always need to have stam gems in them.
    You could go agi/str/def depends on your current gearset needs.
    At the moment, straight stam is the best way to go, at least as far as gemming is concerned. Gemming for str/agility/defense in sockets that do not contribute to your meta or to the socket bonus is just straight up wrong.
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  2. #22

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Well Jewelcrafting is a extreme bonus Solid Dragon's Eye, and mining is good because of the passive Stamina bonus Toughness

    Hope I helped.
    -Sonk


    "You know that woman in Ironforge, In the King's room. Is she still requesting an audience? Or does she live there?"

  3. #23

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    I have Mining and blacksmithing on my Paladin tank. :-X

  4. #24

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    JC is the best overall.

    BS, Mining and enchanting are all exactly the same for tanking, but BS will be better for whichever offspec you chose, followed by enchanting, mining wont benefit your offspec at all.

    Alchemy is almost as good the above, but only when you're flasked.

    The rest are kinda "meh".

    What Fictionseven was getting at is that if there were some random stat shakeup and def or dodge became awesome and your #1 socket choice, JC and BS would have it covered. Its very unlikely but a similar thing happened to physical dps classes with ArP, though I believe it has since gone back for some of them.

  5. #25

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by Tinyknight
    JC is the best overall.

    BS, Mining and enchanting are all exactly the same for tanking, but BS will be better for whichever offspec you chose, followed by enchanting, mining wont benefit your offspec at all.

    Alchemy is almost as good the above, but only when you're flasked.

    The rest are kinda "meh".

    What Fictionseven was getting at is that if there were some random stat shakeup and def or dodge became awesome and your #1 socket choice, JC and BS would have it covered. Its very unlikely but a similar thing happened to physical dps classes with ArP, though I believe it has since gone back for some of them.
    JC and flasked Alchemy is still the best for pala!
    Make your gaming experience a lot better!
    wow strategy guide

  6. #26

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Got Mining/BS on my own Paladin Tank but maybe going to reroll BS for JC. Atleast that 3 professions are the best Paladin Tank professions.

  7. #27
    Herald of the Titans
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    2,855

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by quiz
    Got Mining/BS on my own Paladin Tank but maybe going to reroll BS for JC. Atleast that 3 professions are the best Paladin Tank professions.
    If you are doing it for the stat bonuses, then that's one really expensive re-roll for such a small gain. However, if you are doing it for other reasons, such as working the gem market, then go for it!
    [23:43:22] [P] [85:Bowsjob]: If its between 2 holy pallys its gonna be a gear fight most likely

  8. #28

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    As people pretty much said:
    Most HP from 2 professions: JC and LW.
    Best combination (due to off-specs and gimmick fights): JC and BS
    Other good options: JC and Enchanting, JC and mining, BS and enchanting, BS and mining

  9. #29

    Re: What Prof. For a paladin tank?

    Quote Originally Posted by ArthurEdwards
    JC and flasked Alchemy is still the best for pala!
    Simply not true, mixology stoneblood gives an extra 650 bonus health. The 60 stam from mining, enchanting or BS gives 60*1.1(kings)*1.04(sacred duty)*1.06(combat expertese) = 72 stamina (rounded down). This is 720 Bonus health.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •